Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 01:40 PM

10,309 posts, read 6,847,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by potato23potato View Post
Thanks for the responses all. Doubt it would change much, but how long would I be looking at it was a Yorba Linda or Anaheim Hills to Victorville commute?
Something you might not have considered~

1. Since you're going to be spending a large percentage of your time commuting, you might want to plow that cost into your COL. Time=money. Are you being compensated for this time?

2. Most of us have our time, broken up into pieces. (Work time, off time, sleep time, etc.)
Realize this commute time is taking away from your "off time." This can make for a resentful person.

3. Are you being "paid" for this commute? It is certainly going to cost you. Not only in vehicle costs, either.

All I can say is, it won't be so bad...for the first week...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 02:37 PM

10 posts, read 15,093 times
I appreciate all of the responses.

It sounds like this is a bad idea, but just so I can get an idea of concrete numbers - what would the actual travel time look like from north Irvine to Victorville and Yorba Linda/Brea to Victorville during normal commute hours/non-Covid conditions?

Old 10-15-2020, 11:41 AM

2 posts, read 978 times
I did a commute from Hesperia area to San Bernardino for 10 years . It got worse every year until we left California in 2005. Its much much worse now . A reverse commute may help a bit , but its still going to be terrible . You can buy a nice property on 2 acres with a view in the Phelan area for a great price . The evenings cool down beatiful in the summer and you can see millions of stars. Apple Valley is not bad either. If I had to stay in OC , then I would work in OC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties