Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2024, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 434 times

Advertisements

Hi y'all,

I'm moving now with my family to LA coming from NY.

I have a 6 years old and a 2 years old schoolers, and both my wife and I will be working in Chino Area. We are looking for a family friendly neighborhood, and our budget is 750k-850k at the max. Hopefully, we can get a 3 bed home in that price range of reasonable size. Excellent public schools are a must. We are very confused on where to start and where to concentrate our search. We would prefer a commute that isn't too long but that may be unavoidable.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to hearing your comments! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2024, 11:01 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,345,865 times
Chino isn't in LA.
It may look close, but it's very difficult to commute to.

When I was there, Chino looked very new and clean.
You probably won't find many corner bakeries, though.

Riverside is a working-class area, so expect to see many working-class students.

Last edited by vincenze; 05-21-2024 at 11:10 AM..

Old 05-21-2024, 09:52 PM

801 posts, read 508,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoR1488 View Post
Hi y'all,

I have a 6 years old and a 2 years old schoolers, and both my wife and I will be working in Chino Area. We are looking for a family friendly neighborhood, and our budget is 750k-850k at the max. Hopefully, we can get a 3 bed home in that price range of reasonable size. Excellent public schools are a must. We are very confused on where to start and where to concentrate our search. We would prefer a commute that isn't too long but that may be unavoidable.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to hearing your comments! Thanks
Hey man, I'm a Queens native but been exploring the LA and surrounding areas for a few years now. I usually go out there once a year for about a week to see friends as well as explore. Chino isn't that far from some nice suburban areas that I'd consider to be similar to our Long Island. They are Aracadia, Monrovia, Azusa and Glendora. I was really impressed with these areas. I think they call them the foothills since the mountains are nearby. I have no idea how the schools are or prices for homes, but the areas seemed pretty middle class to me and also kinda diverse (saw lots of Asians/Hispanics/few whites). Check them out on the map.

Good luck.

Old 05-22-2024, 06:22 AM

26,873 posts, read 27,059,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
Chino isn't that far from some nice suburban areas that I'd consider to be similar to our Long Island. They are Aracadia, Monrovia, Azusa and Glendora. I was really impressed with these areas. I think they call them the foothills since the mountains are nearby.
These cities, part of Los Angeles County, are in the San Gabriel Valley; three of them are considered Foothill communities. Their public schools vary: Arcadia and Glendora are good; Monrovia so-so, and Azusa poor, although improving.

Chino is in San Bernardino County.

Old 05-22-2024, 07:41 AM

14,419 posts, read 11,871,152 times
Why look farther than Chino Hills? It's one of the nicer areas in the Inland Empire, relatively very close to Orange County and the beach. Having such a short commute would be fantastic, schools look good, and your budget is doable there, too.

For instance, here's a nice 3-bd for just under $800k. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...17559058_zpid/ .

Old 05-22-2024, 08:53 AM

4,589 posts, read 5,474,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoR1488 View Post
Hi y'all,

You should have mods move this thread to the Inland Empire forum (Riverside / San Bernardino). You may have greater chance of finding someone there who could best give you recommendations. Or, you can just start another thread there.

Old Today, 12:31 PM

617 posts, read 362,785 times
Live in close to work. You are not too far from LA and Orange county amenities.

Can probably get something ok in that price range but likely not large or fancy.

Keep an eye on HOA and insurance. it's out of control
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties