Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 11:25 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times

Advertisements

Mistakes do happen... it's how they are dealt with which determines the companies integrity.

Stepping up to the plate, even with a little prodding is a good sign.

You need to be clear exactly what it is that you want and consult with someone that is on your side and who knows the law to make it happen if you are uncomfortable or unsure.

I've had a few issues in Real Estate over the years and thankfully they were all resolved satisfactorily and without going to court.

Good Luck

Old 04-14-2009, 10:08 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,531,347 times
How do property taxes affect the value and marketability of my home? Special taxes and assessments such as Mello-Roos Districts are secured by a lien against your property. Until the bonds issued by the district are paid off, whoever owns the property must pay for this debt. This means that buying a home in a Mello-Roos or Assessment District is like buying a home with another mortgage already attached to it. Wary buyers know to consider a home's tax burden when determining the total cost of the home, and for Mello-Roos districts, sellers are now legally required to provide the buyer with a Notice of Special Tax. However, it is important to note that no disclosure requirement currently exists for Assessment Districts, which place a similar lien and debt burden against your home.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
How do property taxes affect the value and marketability of my home? Special taxes and assessments such as Mello-Roos Districts are secured by a lien against your property. Until the bonds issued by the district are paid off, whoever owns the property must pay for this debt. This means that buying a home in a Mello-Roos or Assessment District is like buying a home with another mortgage already attached to it. Wary buyers know to consider a home's tax burden when determining the total cost of the home, and for Mello-Roos districts, sellers are now legally required to provide the buyer with a Notice of Special Tax. However, it is important to note that no disclosure requirement currently exists for Assessment Districts, which place a similar lien and debt burden against your home.
I'm not an Agent or a Broker... but I know CA has very extensive disclosure statutes that cover things known or even should have been known.

I will have to leave it up to those in CA Real Estate to fill in the Blanks...

Old 04-14-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I'm not an Agent or a Broker... but I know CA has very extensive disclosure statutes that cover things known or even should have been known.

I will have to leave it up to those in CA Real Estate to fill in the Blanks...

I think it is important for the OP to read the last line in this clip I posted.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 PM

45 posts, read 173,369 times
This non disclosure is going to continue to happen! I have spoken to other agents that have these Mello Roos houses listed and they will not tell potential buyers. I have the address of the houses and when they sell i will visit the new owners and ask them if they know that their house has a Mello Roos. If they say they don't i will tell them that i spoke to the listing and I told them. Then the people can take legal action.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM

120 posts, read 410,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina 76 View Post
I just got a call from Rodriguez saying that they told their insurance about what happened to me, he also said that is why they have insurance for. that he hopes to hear back from them soon. He also said that they want to work this out, that they don't want any bad press about their company, they r a good company and want to make their clients happy. I don't know if that is a good sign?
They are like car salesmen... they'll tell you lies to close the deal.. and afterwards when you get angry.. they tell you more lies to make you go away.....

i wouldn't let up until its resolved....

Old 04-16-2009, 02:27 AM

45 posts, read 173,369 times
I have been calling real estate company's and telling about the houses that they have listed have a Mello Roos. I leave messages and they never return my calls, even after i ask them too. It looks like they don't want to talk about the Mello Roos. Proof that they R KEEPING this info from the public!!

Old 04-16-2009, 10:46 AM

What did your lawyer say? Are you any closer to a resolution?

Does calling them about homes you don't intend to buy help your case?

Old 04-16-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
What did your lawyer say? Are you any closer to a resolution?

Does calling them about homes you don't intend to buy help your case?
I agree with ultrarunner, and I understand your anger. However I would slow down and contact a lawyer before you blast anymore. Be careful because you have posted certian names and company names. They can get you for slander.

Again if the homes are listed in a Assessment District area the brokers/agents don't have to give you that info. That is something YOU as the buyer must research. Having an agent is great, but don't solely give them the rains to your most valuable purchase of your life.

I believe the Victor Valley IS in an Assessment District, also if it was Bank Owned the bank does NOT have to disclose this info from my understanding.

" However, it is important to note that no disclosure requirement currently exists for Assessment Districts, which place a similar lien and debt burden against your home."

Assessment And Special Tax Bonds and Land Secured Financing

I wish you luck!

Old 04-16-2009, 01:23 PM

46 posts, read 187,876 times
Taxes and M.R. are public information, as are school districts, Megan Law (released criminals), and your local fruit stand in area of buying a home.
You have no one to blame but yourself. There are no hidden items when buying a home. You should be even walking up the ladder with a home inspector and looking in the attic with them.
USMC wife around the world three times. Come on America. Take responsiblity for your actions, and teach your children common sense skills to stop the cycle of "not me, not my child" "They did not tell me"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties