Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 11:42 PM

27 posts, read 97,011 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone:

Hubby and I are considering a condo purchase in the area of 800 East Vista
Chino in Palm Springs.....

We have done much research, but cannot locate the HOA fees.

Does anyone know if this area would be on leased Indian land??

Thanks so much for your help,

Regards,

PatriciaCanadian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 PM

74 posts, read 261,628 times
I would be careful in buying in that area. Vista Chino is the dividing line between the 'hood and the better part of Palm Springs. Do not buy on Indian land without properly researching! There is really no reason to even consider buying on Indian land in this market with all of these properties available.

I live on North Farrell a few blocks from Vista Chino, but it is a totally different neighborhood.

I am Canadian also!

Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 PM

Default Thanks Urban boys, and hello fellow Canadian !!

Hello and Thanks for your help

Yes, we are trying to do our research and also to save money, as well.

If we continue through with the purchase, it would be a private sale, and
not done through a real estate agent. And that is why we don't have all
the facts and figures.

We have looked at other areas (just about bought in Desert Hot Springs) and
are even looking as far away as Yucca Valley.

I appreciate your advice -- it's a difficult decision to make, that's for sure.

But just to clarify, I sincerely think we would be safe in this particular area,
right??

We don't feel that we need all the ritzy and glamour spots of Palm Springs,
but certainly something that is cozy and safe would suit our needs just fine.

Given these parameters, do you think we'll be satisified??

Thanks so much for all your help,

Regards,
Patricia Canadian

Old 04-17-2009, 01:47 AM

170 posts, read 648,804 times
Don't buy in Desert Hot Springs they have a huge gang problem over that way. As far as land leases you definitely want to get that checked out and if the seller won't tell you I find it a bit suspicious. I live off of Visto Chino and N Sunrise Way and have never had a problem regarding crime, however I wouldn't really walk around by myself at night since it's pretty close to the bad area.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:59 AM

Default Thanks for your info !!!

Hello Hoppybunn:

I appreciate your input very much --- glad to hear the area is safe and
comfortable. And I don't imagine we would be walking too much at
night, so that wouldn't be a problem for us...

Will definitely confirm whether the proposed property is on Indian leased
land.

But I've got my fingers crossed, and it's great to have this website to enable
us to get lots of valuable insight.

Thanks again
Patricia Canadian

Old 04-17-2009, 09:41 AM

170 posts, read 648,804 times
Oh also if the noise of airplanes bother you make sure you visit the property you're thinking of purchasing in the late morning to early afternoon to make sure you don't get too much airplane noise, the house I'm renting is literally in the direct path to the airport so planes fly overhead and low all the time, and it can get really loud. It doesn't bother me since I'm used to it, but if I were buying I would try to avoid it, especially if I was keeping resale as an option.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:50 AM

268 posts, read 1,200,169 times
PatriciaCanadian:

There is a condo complex called the Park Imperial North that is in 700 block of E. Vista Chino, and that is definitely on lease land. As a rule, lease land parcels are set out in sections measuring one mile x one mile x one mile x one mile. Given the proximity of the address you provided, I would suspect that the condo you are looking at is on lease land. Of course, the person you are considering purchasing from should be able to tell you with certainty. The other way to find out would be to contact the Bureau of Indian Affairs. They have an office in Palm Springs and would probably be able to answer that specific question.

If it is in fact on lease land, I personally would look elsewhere. I have written more detailed posts on the forum about the whole land lease issue and why I feel them to be a bad deal, so I won't repeat myself here. The only point that I will make is that I see no logical reason to purchase something that sits atop land that you will never be able to own.

You don't really detail out what the purpose or motivation behind purchasing something in the desert is. If this is going to be a primary residence, then by all means you should concentrate on property that sits on fee land (land you own). If this is only going to be a winter residence then I'm not sure that buying is the best option. You may consider instead utilizing long term rentals, which is what many snowbirds do. In the end it can be cheaper. Especially given that you don't have to deal with paying monthly homeowner association dues and property taxes on something that you aren't making use of full time.

Just a thought.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:09 PM

Default Thanks Goodbye California...we didn't buy the property

We very much appreciate your detailed info--- but we didn't purchase the
property. Turns out someone else had a higher offer.

So, we're back to the drawing board.

Thanks again everyone for all your help

Much appreciated,

Cheers,

Patricia Canadian

There is a condo complex called the Park Imperial North that is in 700 block of E. Vista Chino, and that is definitely on lease land. As a rule, lease land parcels are set out in sections measuring one mile x one mile x one mile x one mile. Given the proximity of the address you provided, I would suspect that the condo you are looking at is on lease land. Of course, the person you are considering purchasing from should be able to tell you with certainty. The other way to find out would be to contact the Bureau of Indian Affairs. They have an office in Palm Springs and would probably be able to answer that specific question.

If it is in fact on lease land, I personally would look elsewhere. I have written more detailed posts on the forum about the whole land lease issue and why I feel them to be a bad deal, so I won't repeat myself here. The only point that I will make is that I see no logical reason to purchase something that sits atop land that you will never be able to own.

You don't really detail out what the purpose or motivation behind purchasing something in the desert is. If this is going to be a primary residence, then by all means you should concentrate on property that sits on fee land (land you own). If this is only going to be a winter residence then I'm not sure that buying is the best option. You may consider instead utilizing long term rentals, which is what many snowbirds do. In the end it can be cheaper. Especially given that you don't have to deal with paying monthly homeowner association dues and property taxes on something that you aren't making use of full time.

Just a thought.[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties