Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 11:24 AM

4 posts, read 14,301 times

Advertisements

Wow.....I really didnt mean to cause such a stir! Why are you getting so angry Mr. Alberhill Ranch Resident? You really sound angry. This is suppose to be a friendly site to give opinions on. For your info, I am not a renter and do own my home and I am happy here and that is all I was conveying when I responded to someone elses question. Your comments are very rude and uncalled for. Opinions are one thing but to make jabs and try to belittle me is not necessary. I'm sorry I am happy here and you are not. I too think you should leave the what you call "Ghetto" before you breath too much more of the methane and lead you described in your post. Maybe thats what is making you be such a mean and unhappy person. Truly, you sound like the Ghetto and Fugitives you describe. Hope you find a happier place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 11:28 AM

4 posts, read 14,301 times
You talk about having good sense and leaving Alberhill......why are you still here? Didnt you investigate before you bought?

Old 12-30-2009, 01:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,723 times
Dont let these post scare anyone away from Alberhill. We too were looking in the Sycarmore Creek area, until the prices just got way too high. The taxes they are referring to are called Melloo-roos. You can look up the meaning on the web because anyone who purchases a home are forwarned before buying. We are not the only community that has them, most of the communities including Sycamore, Glen Ivy and Horsethief have them too. I know it seems high for Lake Elsinore but have you seen some of the other areas in Elsinore. I would'nt live there. I hope someday Alberhill becomes its own city we are so far north that I don't even feel like I'm in Elsinore. We have driven by the pool in the summer before escow closed and there was a gaurd. I really believe its our own residents that they have to keep out. The ones not paying their assoc dues. I hope to have all these people out of the community by the end of 2010 so we can rebuild to a community that is worth living in for a long time. I have nothing bad to say yet and things couldn't be better.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,309 times
I don't see anything recent here (2013)...so I am going to jump in here and ask anyway... We were looking at sycamore creek and made a few offers but have been outbid every time. Frustrated, we apprehensively looked at alberhill but before we read up on it, we actually found it quite pleasant. We are personally looking to get away from the LA city feel and are trying to find a family community with a pool, park and quiet streets. We were convinced until we kept reading these negative posts. People stating how awful alberhill ranch is and how ghetto, loud and overall "bad." I am shocked. Why? I didn't hear anything that would cause me to turn around...it was peaceful. Ghetto? Really? I met the neighbors on the street and even approached the people at the pool (including the pool security) and everyone was very nice and classy (as opposed to ghetto). Then there was a whole topic on how it's contaminated with toxic substance ( arSenic and Methane). You have people on all sides of this topic.my concern is this....the schools that was supposed to be built there is no longer being built because of the methane. At this point there are no convenient schools with 8 or 9 grade except for rice elementary. We took a drive over there and they are not accepting anyone else especially if thy aren't in their jurisdiction as they have reached there capacity. Which leaves us with a rated 4 school and it's not even local. We would have to drive all the way around just south of us to drop her off. I am confused as to why they would start to build many more homes but no more schools to accommodate the new families such as ourselves. Does anybody know what I am talking about or have any further information regarding this at all? Any new schools? Private schools at that? Anything? It can't be all that bad....

Old 01-17-2014, 07:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,309 times
I actually love it here! I am so sick of people making this place seems worse than It is! I have a 3 and a half year old and she is able to ride her mike on the streets and I have yet to hear of anything out of the oridinary as far as crime is concerned. Yes there is a mine but it should be done within the next few years. There is a master plan for that area including a man made lake, hospital, and university and of course a crossings shopping center. We are unfortunate still waiting for the elementary school to be built. Again, that should be done once all of the homes have been developed in our area so that all the kids can be accounted for. It is under developed but it will be completely developed sooner than later just like any other new area. It takes time. Rome wasn't built in a day! On that note, Alberhill also had the same taxes as everywhere else. The hoa is higher than sycamore creek but as the homes are being built, the lower the hoa. We did get out bid at sycamore creek as that was our fist option and then we mistakenly found Alberhill and I love it! Happy to be here and raise my family! For all the negative comments...you are ones who deter the people away from here. The more families buy out here the more we can invest in schools, and other amenities. You are hurting the area but talking so negatively! It is a far cry from the old lake Elsinore area as I would still consider this area south corona! With all that said, it is the best choice we made for our family!

Old 01-17-2014, 07:35 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
Oh no, not ANOTHER Crossings? They need to come up with a new naming scheme for these damn shopping centers. I'm so sick of all these Crossings and Mills.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,037 times
Am planning to move to Alberhills is there anyone that still lives in there and how is everything?

Old 10-05-2016, 11:23 PM

1 posts, read 951 times
I would like to know also. I have looked in
South Corona and pretty expensive
Sycamore creek- I am not paying crazy high tax or mello roos
Horse Thief Canyon- Mello Roos ??

Not sure if Alberhill has mello roos (special assessments) ??

Old 01-06-2017, 11:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,687 times
Do not buy a home here. The neighborhood looks nice, but there is a massive amount of crime. We have a theft nearly every other night. We've had numerous burglaries and cars broken into and stolen. During Christmas the junkies would just cruise through the neighborhood and steal whatever decorations they felt like. One of our residents was almost run over by one of these junkies. To make it worse, the HOA refuses to even consider providing security.

Most of the homes were built is a rush prior to the market collapse in 2009. Almost all the homes have major structural and material defects. In fact there is a pending class action lawsuit against the builders.

The HOA board is nearly all employed by the builders so they have zero interest in what's best for the residents. They simply want to sell the remaining homes and move on.

The HOA was supposed to lower our monthly dues, but they remain at $157. We also pay a massive Mello Roos, which will double your taxes.

Please, just go farther north and buy a home in Corona, or go south to Murrieta or Temecula. When you take into account our ridiculous taxes and HOA fees, your monthly payment will be the same if you buy in a safe neighborhood.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 1,687 times
One more reason to not buy in Alberhill. Our neighborhood was vandalized last night with graffiti. The tone of the writing was basically a death threat to everyone who lives in the neighborhood. Essentially they believe everyone in Alberhill is a Nazi that voted for Trump. They wrote communist and anarchy symbols over our walls and signs. They wrote "class war" on one of the signs. The Alberhill neighborhood is a target of the drug addicts because we have nice things they can steal, and now it's a target of the radical anti-trump people who think we don't desverve our homes. I implore you, don't move here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties