Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 12:46 AM

207 posts, read 799,704 times

Advertisements

Since I am basically dealing with questionable tactics taking place in the home buying process, I have yet to come to a conclusion as to which way is better ~ the benefit of going with a listing broker as per each property or having an outside agent handle me for all properties.

Pros of Using Listing Office
~ Get direct and immediate info on their property
~ They are likely to have a better incentive to handle the direct inquiry since the total commission stays in their office

Cons of Using Listing Office
~ They have total control of your offer in that there is not an outside Agent overseeing the offer process and as a non-professional the buyer is totally at their mercy.

Pros of Using Outside Agent
~ They are supposed to look out for the Buyers Interest, but since I have yet to meet an agent who really fulfills this code, it is useless. They all seem to resort to the same thing and that is that they try to get you to offer the highest amount for a slam-dunk acceptance no matter that a lower amount might work, too.
~ If they are doing their job correctly, they will provide a strong follow-up as to the status of the offer and secure that any timeline and propriety of paperwork is met
~ {The obvious chore of searching out properties would also be included, but in this age of internet, I prefer to search for properties on my own online and in tandem with the online "Listing Books" which all agents are able to supply.}

Cons of Using Outside Agent
~ My offer runs the risk that the Listing Office is putting offers from outside agents at the bottom of the pile and instead are maneuvering their office's direct offers to the head of the pack and to the Bank's immediate attention.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 01:45 AM

191 posts, read 665,947 times
I think we will never know the truth unless you are a realtor or know someone who is personally and they tell you the HONEST truth about what the best approach is because its all SALES. Unfortunately like with any business, I think a lot of it comes down to who you know and the brokers who have an in with the listing agents may get more deals through faster and some get leads before they go on mls and some get refeal fees and all sorts of stuff must go on that is behind the scene and we will never know. It sux.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:57 AM

191 posts, read 665,947 times
Another thought. If you were to work with realtors from each of the listing agents agencies that listed a home you liked than in effect you would put offers in with many different agents . This of course would not go over well with any agent if they knew you did that. One thing I have found is that agents are very particular about you only working with them . So if you did use that approach you would have to not tell any of the agents you put offers in with the others. I dont really like that but its how they are as you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties