Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 02:39 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Oh yes.
<sarcasm on>
This was a very unbiased piece with quotes like

"The cost of undocumented aliens is an issue that immigrant bashers have created to whip up indignation against people they don't want here in the first place."

<sarcasm off>
Check out Pew, MSNBC, Chicago Tribune, etc...Do a little research, again it's easier to be sarcastic and oblivious, but I prefer reality than ignorant bliss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 02:40 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRobbins View Post
I don't have a promblem with mexicans, I'm actually half asian and my father is american. I just don't want my kids to be the only white kids in school. Being mixed, I can tell you I''ve been on both sides and most mexicans hate white people because they feel we stole there land. Being mixed I get alot of mexicans thinking I am mexican, I get tired of the dirty looks because my husband is white. I've been called a sell out and wanna be white girl. Why is it if white people make a race comment it becomes a issue, but if non whites make comments it somehow ok? My job is to protect my kids and if that means living in a bubble so be it!
Oh please, what a load of generalizations.

Most Mexicans hate white people? Well then, I better thank my parents for "crossing the line" and making me.

I think you're picking the wrong battles to fight in your prospective move. Why not simply look for a good place to live, as opposed to picking apart race? If it's a good place to live, chances are your kids "won't be the only white kids in school", because the area will attract good people of all backgrounds.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:11 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Check out Pew, MSNBC, Chicago Tribune, etc...Do a little research, again it's easier to be sarcastic and oblivious, but I prefer reality than ignorant bliss.
Just because I don't agree with you and have my own opinions does not mean I am oblivious.

The key word through all of this is illegal. Someone doesn't go through proper channels is illegal. Undocumented is illegal. I don't care what their genetics are.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:33 PM

Just because I don't agree with you and have my own opinions does not mean I am oblivious.

When a person a fact, it's called lunancy to not agree. If I told you the sky was blue and you still proclaimed yellow, that's lunacy. If I had evidence to disprove your claim and you back simply stating you still don't agree...it's the same situation. Both times, there is evidence and in both the above situations you refuted...without previous knowledge or any data to support your claim.

The key word through all of this is illegal. Someone doesn't go through proper channels is illegal. Undocumented is illegal. I don't care what their genetics are.

Another one of these...so inherently they are bad? So while the majority pay into a system that you'll likely see and/or partake (SS), while I and they most likely wont (me being younger, the illegal immigrants not eligible) you go on to bash them?

Illegal is illegal. So we should return the United States to the various Native nations as per modern rules of engagement?

So are illegal immigrants the same as you speeding down the highway? That's illegal as well...Are the same as my friend who jaywalked in Newport? That's illegal.

The focus shouldn't be on the us v. them, but how to solve the problem. There are all sorts of issues when you go down the route you choose.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:55 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Ah. One of those posters.
Never mind.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Ah. One of those posters.
Never mind.
The type that like facts and proves a point with them? Instead of saying "Oh I don't like the fact and will give an opinion based only on what I think and pass it off as fact".

Umm...if you have proof to contradict what I posted, do so. Otherwise, it's a little hard to pass off your opinion as fact.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:00 PM

68 posts, read 315,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Umm...I'm half white. It's not an issue of you being White, Asian, or hell Hispanic...but when you make stereotypes and continue them that's the issue. It's not a good thing to pass on to your children. Telling them to understand the world around them and not rely on solely stereotypes is one of the better things you can do as a parent.

Everyone has different opinions and experiences.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRobbins View Post
Everyone has different opinions and experiences.
So that justifies stereotypes?

Old 02-26-2010, 12:16 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
now let face facts!!what would be california withouht mexicans???...they take the hardest and dirtiest jobs,this is the truth people,like it or not...why do i not have an american landscaper???or an american cleaning lady???are americans too fine for this jobs???an additional room near the pool gets renovated..i do not see a hard working american doing the dirty jobs..i see a mexican working for an american boss..he is not the fastest,but a hardworking one...

now with the kids..i am european and lived both in north california and since thanksgiving in temecula...if you have a smart child,he will achieve everywhere,equal north or south...you only have to take care,that the child is put in the right clasroom,with the right teachers..i think,everywhere,are better involved teacher or less involved teacher...my child was put in teh clasroom,that i considere not good enough for him..i went to the principale and told her my opinion..she is an absolute great pribcipale,teh pricipale of teh year hier intemecula and she solved my problem...his math teacher is teh best in the county and he is in best hands now...also in science and teh other teachers....

english to be the second language,you say...first of all this is an arrogante,second not a smart sentence...i do not know,how high your education is,but for sure ,you heart about "mother tongue" ...with other words,the language you spoke at home first with your parents...and i suposse ,you did not speack spanish,so english can not become a second language...
the mother tongue can not be chnaged from the language spoken in school later,do you get it???
the mother tongue is the first language you spoke with the child..since he was a baby..
you write big SECOND language..so even if you want,it can not become any more second language,it was the first one and will always remain the first...

i do not consider school a problem..but i have to tell you there are more mexicans hier then in north..you will hear much more other languages outside then in north and less english..i do not mind that,because i am an IMMIGRANT...but for you as american can be frustrating...my american husband complains sometimes (at shopping,too many other origins surround him and the cashier does not speak good english):does anybody speak english in temecula any more? i answer him in other language...smile...

everything i noticed is in 2 languages..english and spanish..informations from school,from insurrance and so on...it is like living in a country,where spanish is also offcial language..i like spanish and i understand it,but i can not talk so much...so it does not bother me...

traffic..i do not commute,i do not mind..but highway is bad..do not tell me north california is better...it is america and you relate usa to cars,too many cars...that is life..no public transport,pollution...usa...
Holy Mother Mary of God, I don't know what's with that worm inside that Tequila you've been chugging, but I'd hate to be in your shoes in the morning. Whew!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:17 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Holy Mother Mary of God, I don't know what's with that worm inside that Tequila you've been chugging, but I'd hate to be in your shoes in the morning. Whew!!!
Give her a break, English is not her native language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties