Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,266 times

Advertisements

Well, i find it comforting to know that right around the corner is a registered sex offender, remind me not to let my grandkids outside of my home. Why can't they all be put away and throw away the keys? Why are good, decent people forced to have them in the neighborhood, so they can rape, kill or hurt one of our grandkids? This is a retirement community, do they get to choose where they retire? Why don't they retire 6 feet under, and we would be done with them? Oh, well, i have vented!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 01:04 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,915,578 times
The problem with the sex offender list is that they're all lumped together in one category. Walking around your house in the nude with a curtain open could get you a lifetime sex offender status.

I do agree that the dangerous ones should be locked up forever. Maybe the feds could build a city in the middle of some desert for them....

Old 03-17-2010, 03:56 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
The problem with the sex offender list is that they're all lumped together in one category. Walking around your house in the nude with a curtain open could get you a lifetime sex offender status.

I do agree that the dangerous ones should be locked up forever. Maybe the feds could build a city in the middle of some desert for them....
Very true. THEBESTAPPRAISER, did you research the sex offender on the sex offender website to see what type of offense he/she was convicted of?

Old 03-22-2010, 12:58 PM

97 posts, read 260,541 times
There are several in our condo and I make sure to never let my kids go outside alone.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:47 PM

5 posts, read 18,265 times
Unfortunately, they're all around us. You can sign up at the National Sex Offender Registry to be notified when a registered sex offender moves in or out of your area. Just go to www.familywatchdog.us

Old 03-23-2010, 01:33 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,882 times
i would put them on the electric chair and push the button personally...somebody ,who hurts a child,deserves the death...and no wasting time and money to save them...

take care of your children,big care

Old 03-23-2010, 01:53 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times
Don't trust what you see on websites. John Gardener, the dude that killed those two girls in San Diego was placed by his PAROLE OFFICER right next to a preschool. Someone like him wouldn't show up on any site because they selected his location. Then, they forgot about him for almost 14 months even though he was stopped by the police FIVE times. Open beer in vehicle, smoking pot, running red light, and a couple others I heard on The Tim Conway Show.

My point is, the system is a massive joke. Hence why so much money is wasted on the prison system and how inefficient it is. You can not trust the government to protect your family. Be cautious and if you feel something is uneasy, trust your feelings.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,521 times
Cool registered sex offender sights need to be maintain on a more regular basis.

Good morning all fellow concerned parents. Lastnite I was doing search once again in my city to update my knowledge on the whereabouts of the registered sex offenders here in the area. I can across one that was two houses down from me, and I brought it up to a neighbour, much to my suprise, I was informed that he had since move ,(2 years ago) from the home. That baffled me.... I thought the whole reason that they were required to register with the state and the community was so that they were early tracked down, and their whereabouts was none to all whom live in the community.? I am shocked that the city does not update the site regularly. I feel that sex offenders are a potential danger to the women and children of our communities, and that these information sites SHOULD BE UPDATED ON A REGULAR BASIS. I have 4 daughters ages ranging from 24yrs to 6yr old, and I am very concerned for their safety. I love my girls with all of my heart and soul. And if anything was to ever happen to them because the community was not informed of an offender moving to the neighbourhood, I would just die. I check these sites regularly in order to help keep my children safe, this is my duty as a parent. If the state requires them to register to keep communities informed that they are there, then I believe the state should be required to keep these sites updated regularly, or I defeats the whole purpose of requiring these sexual predators to register the presence. I am uneasy aboit this, and no longer feel safe in my community, and fear my children are being actually put in harms way without concern for them. it may be tedious to the police departments or the state departments to update these such sites, but I believe it helps immensely if done so properly and in a timely manner. maybe they should look into hiring someone who's soul position of work is to keep these information sites updated to the best of their ability. please... I love my children, I want to keep them safe and sound just as any other loving parent would. Our.children are our future, we don't have a future if they are dead, or have major issues that may have resulted from a sexual predator. Help US keep the innocence of our children safe.. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY. AND DON'T FORGET TO TELL YOUR CHILDREN YOU LOVE THEM BEFORE THEY WALK OUT YOUR DOOR EVERY DAY.. PEACE.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:09 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
If you're that concerned contact your local police dept & ask for a updated list. Registered sex offenders must notify law enforcement of their current address. Failure to do so will put them right back in jail. Keep in mind not a registered sex offenders are moderate to high risk.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:16 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,380,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
i would put them on the electric chair and push the button personally...somebody ,who hurts a child,deserves the death...and no wasting time and money to save them...

take care of your children,big care
Just to be clear, the list doesn't track people who abuse or molest children. It's made up of sex offenders. There may be some overlap - but not all child abusers are sex offenders, and not all sex offenders are child abusers.

I looked up our house, when we moved in and was shocked to see some dots fairly close by - but if you click on those dots, you can see what crimes they committed, and in our case, some of them were similar to wrcousert's example above - walking around nude in his home, in front of an open window - fairly minor stuff, with no specific victim - or it was when the guy was 18, and he had sex with his underage girlfriend - and every single one of the crimes was committed decades ago. So while it looked scary at first, once I investigated a little, I realized it wasn't the end of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties