Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,922 times

Advertisements

Hello, I currently live in Florida and my husband and I have been offered great jobs in CA. The company is undecided as to where the new office will be. My problem is we have to young kids, so I need some real feedback on Corona CA. I know that we want to stay away from the East side of town but what are the pros and cons of the other parts. And is there anywere else affordable to live central to southern CA? My husband will be driving alot but I like the idea of a small town feel and it seems Corona is best the best compromise I can find. Great schools, affordable childcare and housing??? Please HELP any info from folks that live in the area would be very helpful. THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 09:34 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
What's wrong with the east side of Corona? There are tons of great neighborhoods east of Main St.

Define affordable. CA has suffered from rampant foreclosures so most everywhere away from the coast is cheap right now (relatively speaking).

Corona was a small town when I moved there (~ 37,000). It's a big giant suburb now (150,000). It does not feel like a small town anymore. If you ask me, I'd rather have the Corona of old.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:29 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,203,668 times
corona is not small a town, maybe temecula might give you more of that feel. having said that, corona is a nice place for families. my brothers and i all went to high school there (santiago and corona) and my cousins are just finishing up there as well. the real problem with corona is the traffic. there are two freeways that run through the city and both are terrible to commute on. because corona is quite far from the major job centers in LA and southern OC, traffic starts to get congested very early in the morning (think 5am). as long as your husband is willing to put up with this (along with the thousands upon thousands who also do), you could probably be happy there.

i'm also with david aguilar on east corona, some of the more desirable areas of corona are in the eastern portion of the city. the sketchiest parts of corona are along the 91 freeway west of the 15 as well as the el cerrito and home gardens areas, but i'm not sure they are technically in corona.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:06 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,440,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhr View Post
Hello, I currently live in Florida and my husband and I have been offered great jobs in CA. The company is undecided as to where the new office will be. My problem is we have to young kids, so I need some real feedback on Corona CA. I know that we want to stay away from the East side of town but what are the pros and cons of the other parts. And is there anywere else affordable to live central to southern CA? My husband will be driving alot but I like the idea of a small town feel and it seems Corona is best the best compromise I can find. Great schools, affordable childcare and housing??? Please HELP any info from folks that live in the area would be very helpful. THANKS!!!
I think I'd worry more about being offered a job and there's no office yet. Don't count your chickens, as they say ....

And Corona doesn't have a small town feel. Hasn't for a long time.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:41 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
help I have kids

Gawd! I know the feeling!!! Several years ago I thought I was engaging in a fun activity for two people, next thing I knew these damn kids popped out!!! I hate when that happens!!!

Old 03-18-2010, 03:26 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,770,204 times
Corona doesn't have a smalltown feel, but Norco might, at least as best as you can get in the immediate vicinity

Old 03-18-2010, 03:28 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,492,286 times
Thumbs down help I have kids

Then you're doomed. There's no help for you!

Old 03-18-2010, 05:33 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post

i'm also with david aguilar on east corona, some of the more desirable areas of corona are in the eastern portion of the city. the sketchiest parts of corona are along the 91 freeway west of the 15 as well as the el cerrito and home gardens areas, but i'm not sure they are technically in corona.
I'm from Home Gardens, and I'm very glad I grew up there, but I wouldn't recommend anybody with even a hint of a narrow mind living in the older parts. The "Four Seasons" tract and other newer tracts south of Indiana Ave would be fine for anybody.

Both Home Gardens and El Cerrito are unincorporated Riverside County with Corona addresses (half of Home Gardens has a Riverside address).

Old 03-19-2010, 07:51 PM

541 posts, read 1,341,216 times
same situation hier...my husband works in corona,but i would never live in corona with my child...we decided to move on thanksgiving to temecula..the commute is ok and the schools are great,no comparison to corona...if you have higher expectation for your children,then do not choose corona..it is my opinion...also the air polution and so on...with a child,i would not live in corona..

Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Cue David, 3, 2, 1...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties