Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 10:29 AM

14 posts, read 24,021 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I live in South San Diego in an area known as Nestor which is close to the Mexican border but still part of the City of San Diego. We bought this house and have lived in it for almost 10 years now. We like the neighborhood and have met lots of neighbors and made friends, and everything has been good until recently.

For the last 2 or 3 years neighbors have been having parties almost every weekend. Parties which include very loud music until 2, 3 or 4 AM. Here I am not talking about music than can be heard from the next house, I am talking about music that can be heard throughout the entire neighborhood, with PA speakers and live mexican bands (it's always mexican music).

Now, if this was just one neighbor I would be determined to go the legal way, hire a lawyer, and go through all the pain to try and resolve this issue for the good of my family. The problem is, this is not just one neighbor, it's 60% of them, it's a cultural thing that's present in the entire neighborhood.

I have been trying to eradicate this problem by calling the police as soon as parties get loud, however police will only show up if they don't have any other high priorities and most times they are too busy as this happens on Saturday nights and will ignore calls for noise complaints.

Anyway, the problem seems to be increasing and I am getting tired of dealing with it, I now hate the weekends and I don't want to be paying a mortgage for a house if I can't have tranquility and be happy in it.

So at this point I am considering selling my house and buying somewhere else, however I am afraid the problem will follow me, there is no way for me to know if my future house will be in a neighborhood where they will also have mexican bands playing live at 2am.

Do your neighborhoods also have parties with loud music (and maybe live bands) until late? I would like to know if there is a neighborhood in South San Diego where I can enjoy my house and have peace every day of the week, including weekends. If I can get some recommendations or ideas that would be appreciated. Again, I am inclined to stay close to the Chula Vista area, so maybe I will look into Chula Vista Eastlake and Bonita.

Thank you

Old 02-04-2018, 12:30 PM

121 posts, read 183,846 times
When in escrow, problems such as neighborhood noise are legally supposed to be disclosed on the SPQ Form (Sellers Property Questionnaire). This is a benefit for you for when you buy a place, but it is something you have to disclose when selling your current house. If you have any further questions feel free to PM me!

Old 02-04-2018, 12:46 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,147,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingtiredofsb View Post
Hi everyone,

I live in South San Diego in an area known as Nestor which is close to the Mexican border but still part of the City of San Diego. We bought this house and have lived in it for almost 10 years now. We like the neighborhood and have met lots of neighbors and made friends, and everything has been good until recently.

For the last 2 or 3 years neighbors have been having parties almost every weekend. Parties which include very loud music until 2, 3 or 4 AM. Here I am not talking about music than can be heard from the next house, I am talking about music that can be heard throughout the entire neighborhood, with PA speakers and live mexican bands (it's always mexican music).

Now, if this was just one neighbor I would be determined to go the legal way, hire a lawyer, and go through all the pain to try and resolve this issue for the good of my family. The problem is, this is not just one neighbor, it's 60% of them, it's a cultural thing that's present in the entire neighborhood.

I have been trying to eradicate this problem by calling the police as soon as parties get loud, however police will only show up if they don't have any other high priorities and most times they are too busy as this happens on Saturday nights and will ignore calls for noise complaints.

Anyway, the problem seems to be increasing and I am getting tired of dealing with it, I now hate the weekends and I don't want to be paying a mortgage for a house if I can't have tranquility and be happy in it.

So at this point I am considering selling my house and buying somewhere else, however I am afraid the problem will follow me, there is no way for me to know if my future house will be in a neighborhood where they will also have mexican bands playing live at 2am.

Do your neighborhoods also have parties with loud music (and maybe live bands) until late? I would like to know if there is a neighborhood in South San Diego where I can enjoy my house and have peace every day of the week, including weekends. If I can get some recommendations or ideas that would be appreciated. Again, I am inclined to stay close to the Chula Vista area, so maybe I will look into Chula Vista Eastlake and Bonita.

Thank you
I experienced a lot of this when I lived in San Diego. Parties and music on loud speakers...every weekend. The police did nothing. They think it’s normal to have your wall shaking due to the noise. No wonder some people stay poor partying every weekend until late at night. They never even took the balloons down and would just add more...

Oh, and if you complain, bad things happen.

Old 02-04-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCerik View Post
When in escrow, problems such as neighborhood noise are legally supposed to be disclosed on the SPQ Form (Sellers Property Questionnaire). This is a benefit for you for when you buy a place, but it is something you have to disclose when selling your current house. If you have any further questions feel free to PM me!
Thanks, this is my main concern right now, so I will definitely contact you so that I can address it.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:49 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,430,950 times
I feel horrible for you OP. It reminds me of NYC. I used to take a boat horn and blow it outside the offenders apartment door the morning after such events, or I would ring their door buzzer from the lobby until it woke them up, then do it again and again.

People can party without making other people miserable for it, that is if they are considerate and polite people. I would never want my "fun" to interfere with someone's sleep or quality of life. That would be totally wrong.

We used to have a noise hotline 311 but it was useless. They make an appointment for two weeks from the date it was happening...to go over the matter.

If the neighborhood doesn't join together then there is no hope.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:13 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,460,123 times
Quote:
Being in a fight zone, across from mix-use, etc, you need to disclose. I would not worry about disclosing noisy neighbors, that’s very subjective, and won’t come back to bite you in the arse. Falling out of escrow yes, but nothing down the road once you sell, for all you the buyers are partiers themselves. If the buyers don’t make several trips through the neighborhood at all times before closing escrow that’s on them. Now if you want to disclose more power to you, but I feel most people buying in Nestor know what they’re getting into.

In the meantime keep calling the cops. You can also with very little legwork find out who owns the houses and see if they’re rentals. If they’re owner occupied I’d probably think of selling, if not send out letters to the owners and say you’re looking to pursue legal action, I would just keep it anonymous for the time being to see if anything happens. Good luck

Old 02-04-2018, 10:22 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,411,522 times
Quote:
That's why you do NOT want to make police reports, file court cases, etc, that can leave a paper trail leading to you!

Old 02-04-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I feel horrible for you OP. It reminds me of NYC. I used to take a boat horn and blow it outside the offenders apartment door the morning after such events, or I would ring their door buzzer from the lobby until it woke them up, then do it again and again.

People can party without making other people miserable for it, that is if they are considerate and polite people. I would never want my "fun" to interfere with someone's sleep or quality of life. That would be totally wrong.

We used to have a noise hotline 311 but it was useless. They make an appointment for two weeks from the date it was happening...to go over the matter.

If the neighborhood doesn't join together then there is no hope.
Thank you for your comments, you made me laugh thinking about me driving around the neighborhood with a boat horn hahaha

Old 02-04-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Being in a fight zone, across from mix-use, etc, you need to disclose. I would not worry about disclosing noisy neighbors, that’s very subjective, and won’t come back to bite you in the arse. Falling out of escrow yes, but nothing down the road once you sell, for all you the buyers are partiers themselves. If the buyers don’t make several trips through the neighborhood at all times before closing escrow that’s on them. Now if you want to disclose more power to you, but I feel most people buying in Nestor know what they’re getting into.

In the meantime keep calling the cops. You can also with very little legwork find out who owns the houses and see if they’re rentals. If they’re owner occupied I’d probably think of selling, if not send out letters to the owners and say you’re looking to pursue legal action, I would just keep it anonymous for the time being to see if anything happens. Good luck
Thanks, these are great points, I will stop by and talk to one of my neighbors/friends who has been living here forever and may know who owns the houses, I have a log of the dates/times and addresses and all notes, so that may be helpful.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:46 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,771,673 times
Sounds like typical living in the “hood” problems. Lots of noise not just from loud parties, but barking dogs, loud kids running around the streets screaming all the time.

Best bet is to sell your home as it looks like the majority of the people that live there are ghetto and have no respect or common courtesy for other residents in the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego