Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2010, 05:18 AM

9 posts, read 77,088 times

Advertisements

I'm spending my 21st birthday in San Diego, woo!

Only problem is that I've never lived in SD...

What's the best "neighborhood" to bar hop in? What are some of the best bars?

I'd be more happy with a college-y area versus an upscale, downtown area. (If that makes any sense.) But am open to suggestions. A problem I'm running into looking into places like Old Town is that all the places close on midnight (even on a Saturday night), which is no good for me.

We're getting a hotel for the night as well. Would taking a cab home be extremely painful, or are the fares reasonable?

Thanks!

Last edited by hubcab; 09-13-2010 at 06:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 AM

2,160 posts, read 5,852,864 times
I've seen people rolling around all of SD in party buses, which hop around from one bar to another. They look like fun, and they solve the problem of drunk driving. You should look into it!

Old 09-13-2010, 08:39 AM

4 posts, read 16,302 times
Broadway is probably one of the best clubs here, its located in Downtown..... Or PB bar and grill.......

Old 09-13-2010, 08:42 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,574,371 times
PB (Pacific Beach) is college party central.

I'd have your party in either:
PB Shore Club: www.pbshoreclub.com
PB Bar & Grill: PB Bar & Grill

PB Shore Club is packed every nite. It's right on the beach with great sunsets.
PB Bar & Grill is a much bigger place and better equipped for large groups.

San Diego beach bars are extremely tough on drinking age requirements. Make sure every member of your party is at least 21 and has a current drivers license to prove it. I'm over twice your age and they still card me at the door.

Have fun!

Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 AM

9 posts, read 77,088 times
So if my birthday is on Sunday, but I go out to eat/whatever Saturday night and wait until midnight to enter the with my ID I'll be fine, right?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:12 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,574,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcab View Post
So if my birthday is on Sunday, but I go out to eat/whatever Saturday night and wait until midnight to enter the with my ID I'll be fine, right?
If I were in your position, I'd call a few PB bars and ask them directly. Ask to speak with either the general manager or at a minimum the shift manager. Be sure to write down the managers name and bring the name with you if you run into problems.

Here's another good place for your party: 710 Beach Club - Live Music Beach Bar in San Diego

Just park in the Diamond (DPS) parking lot behind 4475 Mission Blvd and you can walk to any of the bars I've mentioned. You'll pay a few $$ and your car will be safe and sound. Here's a map:
4475 mission, 92109 - Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego