Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 03:49 PM

4 posts, read 8,513 times

Advertisements

I will be moving in san diego on February from chicago, is there any1 can give me a good neighborhood to live and also how is the job situations there in san diego??
I will be glad if you guys can give me some feedback or advices living in san diego..

tnx alot...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 05:12 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times
What type of job do you want?

Are you into nightlife, walkable neighborhoods etc?

Old 01-01-2011, 06:37 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
And the job situation isn't very good.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:46 AM

4 posts, read 8,513 times
am in the process of taking my nclex exam for my nursing degree but in the meantime i would like to work while i getting ready to take my exam.. i really don't know any1 in san diego, but since am used to the weather where i came from originally (Philippines) i would like to move there.. and how's the people in san diego? r they races, friendly, etc???

Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 PM

64 posts, read 117,625 times
I'm also moving from Chicago to San Diego! I am a nurse, husband is Navy. There are A LOT of Filipinos in San Diego so I am sure you will have no trouble fitting in. It is much more expensive living in San Diego than Chicago though, so be aware.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JenLei~ View Post
I'm also moving from Chicago to San Diego! I am a nurse, husband is Navy. There are A LOT of Filipinos in San Diego so I am sure you will have no trouble fitting in. It is much more expensive living in San Diego than Chicago though, so be aware.
San Diego costs more than Chicago?????

Old 01-07-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
San Diego costs more than Chicago?????

lol.. oh my goodness, YES San Diego costs more than Chicago unless you want to live right in downtown Chicago, or you want a HUGE house in the suburbs. If you're talking your average 3-4 bedroom house in the suburbs of Chicago, it costs less than homes in San Diego. Cost of living is less as well.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 PM

Also I should mention Rosela... the job market for NEW nurses in San Diego and in CA in general right now is HORRIBLE. So I would suggest having at least one year experience as a nurse somewhere else before you even think about moving to California. I have heard recently that CA is one of the toughest job markets right now for new nurses. Contrary for popular belief the demand for nurses is not what it used to be... only if you are an experienced nurse, then the demand is there. But not many hospitals are willing to hire new nurses/new grads as much as they were in years past.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:34 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,481,428 times
Here are a few website for both of you:

craigslist: san diego classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events Look for rentals

SDLookup.com | San Diego City Real Estate & Homes for Sale Homes for Sale

san diego healthcare jobs classifieds - craigslist Medical Jobs

Old 01-07-2011, 10:40 PM

Thanks Mugsy! Very helpful. I've been stalking the craigslist page for the past couple months. It's really hard looking for a house online, though. Think we'll end up renting once my husband comes back and he is able to house hunt with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego