Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 12:28 PM

11 posts, read 23,460 times

Advertisements

Hi, we moved here in Poway from the midwest 3 months ago. Everything went so well and smooth. So, now my husband got a new job at General Atomics in Poway 2 months ago and have health and dentist insurances for the whole family, ( 2 children, age 13-10). Well, here's what I am asking you, anyone live in this area, where and which one is the best dentist recommendation is? Any input you have would be greatly considered. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 01:14 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,749,612 times
My family has been going to Dr. Lozano for a long time. I would recommend him.

Lozano Robert DDS
Ste 103, 16959 Bernardo Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92128-2554
(858) 485-0707

Old 02-23-2011, 01:42 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,186,288 times
I'm seeing the same dentist my wife and her family has been using for 20+ years. I have some MMESSED UP teeth and gums, but he's the only dentist who was willing to try stuff while others wanted to basically yank almost half my teeth. Years later, I still have 'em all.

Dr Barry Aller

Mike

Old 02-23-2011, 03:18 PM

95 posts, read 467,073 times
What did he end up doing, to keep all your teeth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
I'm seeing the same dentist my wife and her family has been using for 20+ years. I have some MMESSED UP teeth and gums, but he's the only dentist who was willing to try stuff while others wanted to basically yank almost half my teeth. Years later, I still have 'em all.

Dr Barry Aller

Mike

Old 02-23-2011, 03:44 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,186,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugLuv1 View Post
What did he end up doing, to keep all your teeth?
Two-part process. I have/had (need to get back in. Been out of the area for quite a while) bad gum disease. It's so bad that a good portion of mygums have deteriorated and the teeth are less 'planted' than they should be. On top of that, I have a lot of interference issues with my teeth, so the 'strong' ones keep knocking around the week ones. I have a very good periodontist who has been treating that with planing and other various medications. Dr Aller has been performing a series of 'occlusal adjustments' (hope that's the correct term). Basically mapped out my teeth, determined where there was interference between the uppers and lowers, and reshapes the teeth (in very small increments) to clear. Normally I would think this would be cause for orthodontics, but given the condition of the teeth and gums, the worry was this would cause more harm then good.

I went to two other dentists before him who took one look in my mouth and immediately wanted to pull teeth. One recommended ALL be pulled (dentures). Another simply began ordering everything up and prepping to remove them without even running the game plan by me first. Obviously, both 'irritated' me, so I went to see Dr Aller based on the recommendation of my in-laws. He felt he could save the teeth and, so far, that has been the case. Gums are slowly growing back, teeth are still ugly but solid. All is well.

Mike

Old 02-23-2011, 07:14 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,137,018 times
Appreciate this thread! just got into town and want to find a DDS who is excellent.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:12 AM

50 posts, read 146,028 times
Try Angie's List. I found my dentist that way. Couldn't be happier.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,588,283 times
I used Dr Oogle to find my dentist: San Diego Dentist Reviews. Dentists in San Diego, CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: