Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 07:59 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times

Advertisements

What are good private high schools in SD? I have some ideas thru google, but would appreciate info from locals. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 11:12 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,274,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
What are good private high schools in SD? I have some ideas thru google, but would appreciate info from locals. Thanks.
I dont know from experience, but have heard from some trusted colleagues that Francis Parker is one of the better ones. They have a lower grade school in Mission Hills and then have a high school in Linda Vista.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:55 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
Francis Parker (San Diego)
Our Lady of Peace (San Diego)
St Augustines (San Diego)
Deacon School (Del Mar)
Cathedral Catholic (Carmel Valley)
San Diego Country Day (La Jolla)
Mater Dei (Chula Vista)
Our Lady of Grace (La Mesa/El Cajon)

Where will you live? These schools are very far apart from each other. Secular or religious? Bring $$$

Old 04-28-2011, 07:11 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Thanks for your input. I'm at a very early stage of planning a possible move to SD (or if not LA) with a timetable of at most 3 years from now, about the time my child enters high school. Will hopefully be retired or semi-retired by then (if I get bored, will do part time work). We're scouting areas where we might live. Secular or religious schools will work for us as long as quality is top notch (with strong science/math curriculum). For religious, I prefer a Jesuit-run Catholic school. Among Catholic orders, the Jesuits are the best when it comes to education.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:04 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Francis Parker (San Diego)
Our Lady of Peace (San Diego)
St Augustines (San Diego)
Deacon School (Del Mar)
Cathedral Catholic (Carmel Valley)
San Diego Country Day (La Jolla)
Mater Dei (Chula Vista)
Our Lady of Grace (La Mesa/El Cajon)

Where will you live? These schools are very far apart from each other. Secular or religious? Bring $$$
Add The Bishop's School in La Jolla and Santa Fe Christian in Solana Beach to the list above and it should be complete. Also, unless they've changed the name recently, it should be La Jolla Country Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego