Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 09:47 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times

Advertisements

Awesome map !!!

Thanks.

I recommend to Sticky this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 09:52 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
So, yes, SD is a relatively safe place to live.
Which is the most important thing to remember. Lowest crime rates with many crimes in 40 years. The site is interesting but like 24-hour news stations, it can lead to paranoia in the wrong minds.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:32 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Nothing going on in la mesa except a lot of car break in's

Old 06-15-2011, 05:12 PM

1,504 posts, read 6,152,719 times
Evidently, Hillcrest is more dangerous than every bad-reputation SESD neighborhood, including Barrio Logan and Skyline.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:15 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Thanks for posting this....

Old 06-15-2011, 10:28 PM

91 posts, read 417,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith143 View Post
Evidently, Hillcrest is more dangerous than every bad-reputation SESD neighborhood, including Barrio Logan and Skyline.
Ha! Yes, we live in Hillcrest, and our laundry machines were broken into a couple of years ago...

Old 06-15-2011, 10:48 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,340,069 times
maybe I am desensitized given some of the places I have lived, but even the "hot" zones are pretty much full of non violent property crime. I am feeling like I live in a really safe city.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:11 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
For a comparison to this map, you can check the San Diego Police Crime Statistic Reports here:

Crime Statistics/Maps | Police Department

Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,276,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
maybe I am desensitized given some of the places I have lived, but even the "hot" zones are pretty much full of non violent property crime. I am feeling like I live in a really safe city.
So true. I have seen crime ridden cities around the world that make SD look like Candyland.

SD is pretty safe overall and there are what I consider juvenile misconceptions even about some areas of SD because they are run down and low income. I have taken my bike through some of these areas on a number of occasions and can honestly say that I have never felt threatened or weirded out. Ugly and hideous? Yes. Do I see tear down houses? Absolutely.
Going out at night at say 3am is probably not something I would do either

But there are grey areas of crime too or shall we say undesired results from illegal activities. As AADAD mentioned in another post, what isnt reported is something that should be noted as well. AADAD said that in the upper middle class areas is where kids are rolling into the hospital for OD's.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:05 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
So true. I have seen crime ridden cities around the world that make SD look like Candyland.

SD is pretty safe overall and there are what I consider juvenile misconceptions even about some areas of SD because they are run down and low income. I have taken my bike through some of these areas on a number of occasions and can honestly say that I have never felt threatened or weirded out. Ugly and hideous? Yes. Do I see tear down houses? Absolutely.
Going out at night at say 3am is probably not something I would do either

But there are grey areas of crime too or shall we say undesired results from illegal activities. As AADAD mentioned in another post, what isnt reported is something that should be noted as well. AADAD said that in the upper middle class areas is where kids are rolling into the hospital for OD's.
Drugs and specifically the tolerance of them is put mildly "liberal" here in San Diego. The SD Reader has pages of full color mj ads with coupons groupons and more. It is not reasonable to expect people to drive safely or do well in school with the use of any drug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego