Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:27 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,807,148 times

Advertisements

Beats Charlotte, NC..Hands down....Yes. San Diego may not be the perfect city for all. but would suit me just fine.....When comparing Charlotte to San Diego......PUHLEEZZE.......San diego would wins hands down......Anyone that has been to Charlotte NC knows what I speak of.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 08:43 AM

26 posts, read 38,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onechase View Post
But almost 2 years into living here, I am ready to leave.

Please leave. Take a dozen of the transplants with you.

PS... I've been to the east coast. Crap comes to mind. Any 5 year old can tell you that.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:25 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,238,441 times
im sorry i know that everything has already been said to ONECHASE, but really? what is it with you and sophistication? just how sophisticated do you think LA is? you are retarded. that is all i feel like saying right now.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,485 times
As a native of san diego, who has moved to Los Angeles I completely agree. It is way too conservative and lacks any cultural awareness

Old 07-02-2011, 08:29 PM

4,212 posts, read 3,299,341 times
I got the chance to explore some areas of SD this weekend that I had not yet been to, and my opinion of SD has risen considerably. Probably didn't hurt that the weather was about perfect. Bon Iver at Spreckels Sept. 16!!!

Old 07-03-2011, 06:03 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
im sorry i know that everything has already been said to ONECHASE, but really? what is it with you and sophistication? just how sophisticated do you think LA is? you are retarded. that is all i feel like saying right now.
+1

I miss San Diego. In fact we are about to vacation there.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:21 AM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,486,880 times
Who cares? If you don't like it in SD then go home...quietly.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:51 PM

2 posts, read 6,092 times
I agree with what you said regarding East Coast versus West coast, While I love visiting SD I really Miss the East coast vibe...To me it is a lot more vibrant, more artsy and a lot more interesting people.
I lived there for 48 years and really miss it! reside in AZ now

Old 07-08-2011, 04:00 PM

165 posts, read 304,871 times
well rest assured all these places are better than Florida (Hell's waiting room.) I lived in San Diego last year for half a year and had a blast but I did notice the conservative/military mind state and the "brahs" everywhere but I was used to that in South Florida too so San Diego was actually more liberal to me compared haha. And the Mexican food... sweet jesus. I was hooked. I lived in Clairemont which was a great middle class neighborhood. Had the best time playing Basketball outside I've EVER had ANYWHERE. Try and play Basketball outside in Florida...

I actually lived out of my car for a month when I drove out there. Stayed in the Hostels and met really cool people one of which worked at the Hostel and offered me a room to rent out in Clairemont which I did. I also met the coolest girl I've ever met in my life and I miss our time together for sure over here in hell sunk Florida with all these sun slores looking for the biggest car and douchest haircut.

Now, I know that I was lucky because apparently there are A LOT of those in San Diego as well I just happened to meet the right crowd. Maybe because I stayed in the Hostel and met some really really nice people. I even played in a band with him at local bars for a couple months.

I'm looking to move back to Cali, probably not San Diego though, I'm thinking more North Cali, or possibly Orange County, south of LA or surrounding LA areas. Either that or Austin, TX... Austin is at the top of my list so far but then again it's probably because I've never been there. (I've been to Denton, a college town north of Dallas which is budding into a sort of mini Austin I've heard. And my friend's band is HUGE there. Dust Congress.)

The reason for this is I'm going to start seriously starting my Film career. I hate saying things like this but I really do have the eye for it. Always have (I'm an Illustrator, and do music as well, just all around I have to produce art to feel good inside.) and my passion has always been film and I've always been the camera guy. I'm now just building a random portfolio/reel and I've saved up around 4.5k and am looking to get in somewhere in Film although not sure where to start but I'd think maybe just an internship to get my foot in and once I display my talents, and also have some experience with the internship I'll have something to work with to maneuver. Nature documentaries particularly really interest me and I feel it's a lane I can establish and stand out in as I'm very in tune with Nature and see the beauty in the smallest of things.

But Jaded pretty much nailed it here.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:33 AM

51 posts, read 184,385 times
I'm glad at least I was able to contribute something...

Also, I was just in SD looking for housing...it's exciting to get to pick from a lot of cool spots.

If you want a pretty chill spot to get a well crafted cocktail that's kinda classy...check out Noble Experiment. You have to make a reservation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego