Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 12:47 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times

Advertisements

Well at least the Padres have one of the best stadiums to watch a game and a great neighborhood to go out before and after. Try being an A's fan watching a game at the Coliseum. I'd much rather watch my team lose in a place like Petco compared to the Oakland Coliseum, by far these worst stadium in baseball.

I was watching the game the other night when they beat the Giants with that walk off homerun and it made me miss going to Petco, I think it's better than AT&T Park and in a better area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 02:02 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,771,072 times
We are all hoping for a new owner with major doe on hand so he can keep whatever good players we have, instead of letting them go like the team has done throughout the years.

The Pads are a team with prospects, then once those players blossom into something great, we trade em after the season is over since the owner doesn't want to pay up to obtain good quality players

Being cheap and stngy isn't always a good thing, especially when your dealing with Pro sports here, bring the millions and billions, or go home.

The Padres are a AAA ball club playing in a pro baseball stadium, they are in last place in the MLB, that is just plain sad and pathetic! I am still surprised that people even go to the games knowing that they will most likely lose all games at Petco.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:29 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
We are all hoping for a new owner with major doe on hand so he can keep whatever good players we have, instead of letting them go like the team has done throughout the years.

The Pads are a team with prospects, then once those players blossom into something great, we trade em after the season is over since the owner doesn't want to pay up to obtain good quality players

Being cheap and stngy isn't always a good thing, especially when your dealing with Pro sports here, bring the millions and billions, or go home.

The Padres are a AAA ball club playing in a pro baseball stadium, they are in last place in the MLB, that is just plain sad and pathetic! I am still surprised that people even go to the games knowing that they will most likely lose all games at Petco.
not many are buying tickets unless the "other" team is theirs.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:26 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
I agree with tony,although they are starting to turn it around.
San Diego's own kid,Carlos Quentin is leading the way right now!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,975,487 times
SDLife, if you want a big spending owner, forget it. People who get rich enough to be able to buy teams don't get there by being stupid.

We are in the 30th largest media market, so expect payroll to be around that level.

The Padres inked a TV contract for around $1.4 billion over 20 years, or $70 million a year. By comparison, the Yankees get around $450 million every single year for their TV rights.

The Yankees spend around $200 million on payroll. The Padres have said they'll pony up $70-80 million.

So the Padres are cheap if they spend all, if not more, than what they take in via media rights when the Yankees spend around half of theirs?

Old 01-15-2013, 10:30 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,025,774 times
Well, it will be starting again soon. San Diego is due to have the fifth lowest payroll in MLB for 2013. The Dodgers have a 213 million dollar payroll. The Padres are expected to roll in at 65 mil. You can't even compete if you don't have at least 100 mil.

Dodger games will be unbearable with the LA pukes coming down, akin to a Raider game I suppose.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post
Well, it will be starting again soon. San Diego is due to have the fifth lowest payroll in MLB for 2013. The Dodgers have a 213 million dollar payroll. The Padres are expected to roll in at 65 mil. You can't even compete if you don't have at least 100 mil.

Dodger games will be unbearable with the LA pukes coming down, akin to a Raider game I suppose.
I'll take sixth lowest! It's better than last season when they had the lowest team payroll in the league! And looks like the Dodgers are the new Yankees.........

Opening day MLB payrolls to exceed $3B for first time; Dodgers, Jays, Nats see biggest rise - Yahoo! Sports

Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,975,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post

With the 28th largest media market, you expected this to change because why?

You don't get rich by being stupid.

Spending more money than your media market will support is stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego