Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: your choice for mayor?
Carl Demaio 7 30.43%
Bob Filner 14 60.87%
Nathan Fletcher 2 8.70%
Other (explain) 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 04:32 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,575,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Filner seems a little slimy, but Demaio is a snake. I'd vote for the slime over the snake - no question. At least Filner's been around forever. Everybody knows what they're getting with him.
I don't like Demaio. He'll say pretty much anything to get a vote.

But Demaio is a real 'marketing machine'. Lots of TV/radio ads. His yard signs are all over my neighborhood and my postal mailbox always seems to have a Demaio brochure inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 09:43 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post

But Demaio is a real 'marketing machine'. Lots of TV/radio ads. His yard signs are all over my neighborhood and my postal mailbox always seems to have a Demaio brochure inside.
exactly. I usually take political assault ads with a grain of salt but the ones attacking Demaio are spot on! There is nothing good about him. I don't care if he's for pension reform. That's one reasonably ok thing out of dozens of negative things about him. I'm all for pension reform and trying to save money but if a politician is only doing it to line his or her pocket with corporate money then I don't care for it.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,339,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post

One of the many benifits of living in OB....never having to see one of those ^ signs. They don't even bother!

Old 10-15-2012, 08:05 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
If on public property I know a guy who fills his truck to use later for a bonfire. Those signs suck.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:11 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,975,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
exactly. I usually take political assault ads with a grain of salt but the ones attacking Demaio are spot on! There is nothing good about him. I don't care if he's for pension reform. That's one reasonably ok thing out of dozens of negative things about him. I'm all for pension reform and trying to save money but if a politician is only doing it to line his or her pocket with corporate money then I don't care for it.
The pension reform DeMaio wants to do will actually cost the city money initially. It will only save money for the city if pissed off union employees who just lost their pensions agree to pay cuts.

That will happen right around the third of never.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:42 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Filner is a crook.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
The pension reform DeMaio wants to do will actually cost the city money initially. It will only save money for the city if pissed off union employees who just lost their pensions agree to pay cuts.

That will happen right around the third of never.
It's only a matter of time before we face bankruptcy. The pension payment will pretty much consume the budget. So, these chickenshirts will all avoid the big tough questions and BK will be the actual solution. It's going to be a lose lose situation. What we do know is it is inevitable. Tax payers aren't stupid enough to be fooled into another bond.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,193 times
It's almost here! Even though I do not live within the city limits (I live in the county), I will be watching the mayoral race very closely. I am really disappointed in both candidates. I do not know what San Diego voters were thinking in not choosing Nathan Fletcher. Nathan seems to be a centrist candidate. Carl is too far to the right and Filner seems to be too far to the left. I would personally go for Filner because I dislike Demaio more. I think with Filner we can see some compromise out of him but with Demaio, most of the city council hates the guy.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
It's almost here! Even though I do not live within the city limits (I live in the county), I will be watching the mayoral race very closely. I am really disappointed in both candidates. I do not know what San Diego voters were thinking in not choosing Nathan Fletcher. Nathan seems to be a centrist candidate. Carl is too far to the right and Filner seems to be too far to the left. I would personally go for Filner because I dislike Demaio more. I think with Filner we can see some compromise out of him but with Demaio, most of the city council hates the guy.
He should have ran as independent to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego