Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 11:47 PM

7 posts, read 8,427 times

Advertisements

Heading out end of july.

Wondering about apartments. We look to rent for 6 months or so to learn the area before buying a condo.

our rental budget is 900-1200

what areas are good and washer/dryer in room.

any help would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 12:43 AM

140 posts, read 504,517 times
How old are you guys?

Do you want to live near a beach Area?

Do you want to live in the city near restaraunts, bars, night life, ect?

I'm looking to move there myself, So I'll tell you what I've been thinking about doing. The main center of town with night life, Restaraunts, ect is called "GASLAMP" or "GASLAMP DISTRICT". You can walk to Clubs, Restraraunts, near zoo, near Petco Park baseball stadium. It's crazy how much is right there...and literally can walk right there a block away. You could walk to the stadium, but take bike to zoo, or a few minute drive. The night life, food, ect is right around the corner in Gaslamp.

Bring up Google maps, and add all the locastions like, Gaslamp, petco park, zoo, ect and see how close it is. Also search for night clubs and put there addresses on the map...you can see how close everything is. And this city's downtown isn't as huge like NYC and others, but its clean, modern, fresh....but it has litterally everything like right there, and apartments there are affordable compared to other big cities. Usually the apartments that are in the center of town, are super super expensive and upscale. But not in San Diego in the same way. There aren't cheap, but they also aren't super expensive compared to the rest of the San Diego. Usually in big cities like San Diego, dowtown apartments are like tripple the rest of apartments.

Last edited by NJerseyBorn; 06-09-2012 at 01:23 AM..

Old 06-09-2012, 03:31 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
For 900 - 1200, you can forget about a washer/dryer in the apartment. You'll be lucky to find an apartment complex with one for that amount of rent.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:12 AM

157 posts, read 484,345 times
you can definitely find a decent apt in a decent neighborhood for that price. but like what moved said, a washer/dryer is asking for too much. when i was moving i actually found a few apts under $1000 with a washer/dryer

would u be ok with an apartment with a laundromat?

and yeah u need to give us more info

Old 06-09-2012, 10:17 PM

well im 30 and my wife is 27

I work a lot 65-70 hours a week curretly. So we dont go out much. I think out there though my hours will be less. So We are looking forward to checking out the night life and other activities.

here are apt that we found so far. what do you think of the area

escindido:

The Summit | Escondido, CA Apartments for Rent | Rent.com® - garage avail

Gables San Marcos | San Marcos, CA Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®

Heritage Apartments | el Cajon, CA Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®

san diego:

eaves Rancho Penasquitos | San Diego, CA Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®

Lakeview Village | Spring Valley, CA Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®

eaves Rancho San Diego | el Cajon, CA Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®

Old 06-09-2012, 10:22 PM

Other than that it seems there is a lot of activities. I cant wait to get some water action with some really nice waves. also checking out black beach. seems very secluded from the youtube videos.

also free riding motorcross in the dunes/desert east of san diego. then there is all the motorcycle riding that will be done in the city and going towards L.A and pacific coast highway. I personally am more interested in the outdoor activities than drinking in a club.

well thats off topic but exciting never the less.

There does seem to be some apts with wash/dry in room. Maybe there is no availability or those are in crummy areas. I live in Baltimore so it cant be much more crummy that what we see when we go through the city

Old 06-09-2012, 11:09 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gartec81 View Post
... also free riding motorcross in the dunes/desert east of san diego. then there is all the motorcycle riding that will be done in the city and going towards L.A and pacific coast highway. ...
Dunes and desert ... OK, that's off-road.

In the city and going towards LA and PCH ... that's riding the slab. Meh. It gets you from here to there.

You're gonna' find the San Diego twisties a true treat!

Old 06-09-2012, 11:15 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Rancho Penasquitos = no night life. It's a bedroom community. Good schools, family-oriented.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:14 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
What part of San Diego will you be working in? San Diego is very spread out, and you could have a very long commute.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 AM

563 posts, read 1,270,303 times
Here, you will find that more "amenities" listed + lower rents=crummy areas.

Also, calling it "Diego" instead of San Diego or SD can kinda classify a person as sorta ghetto or punk-ish. Not saying you are, but you'll see when you get out here by calling it that or hearing others call it that, a correlation between that usage and the typical bling-bling fake punks or the backwards hat wearing, beer-chugging frat boy "bros" that talk like that.

Try as they might, SD is more laid back and less L.A.-Lite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego