Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 12:39 PM

192 posts, read 251,549 times

Advertisements

I guess it is in Sorrento Valley technically...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 01:01 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandasand View Post
I guess it is in Sorrento Valley technically...
Google maps estimates an 8 minute commute from Del Mar to Qualcomm (which is also in Sorrento Valley). Maybe double that for rush hour. Sounds like Del Mar is still a pretty good suggestion.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:38 PM

The office is around the corner to Qualcomm. How would the commute be going from North SD to Sorrento? Would it be better if I tried to look around Mission Bay, Point Loma or North Park? My current commute time is 40 minutes. Part of it is a winding road and then some freeway.

Right now I can only try and focus on areas because the move won't take place until mid to late next year. So, looking at rental properties is pointless other than to look at area and prices. But, when it is time, do you suggest working with a real estate agent, Craigslist or just pounding the pavement? I also have an interesting case with the dog because she won't be there full time but the landlord will need to make exceptions for when she visits on the weekends. Most places only take cats or small dogs. My dog is 65 lbs of lab love. Sweetest thing and really well behaved and mellow.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:11 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandasand View Post
The office is around the corner to Qualcomm. How would the commute be going from North SD to Sorrento? Would it be better if I tried to look around Mission Bay, Point Loma or North Park? My current commute time is 40 minutes. Part of it is a winding road and then some freeway.

Right now I can only try and focus on areas because the move won't take place until mid to late next year. So, looking at rental properties is pointless other than to look at area and prices. But, when it is time, do you suggest working with a real estate agent, Craigslist or just pounding the pavement? I also have an interesting case with the dog because she won't be there full time but the landlord will need to make exceptions for when she visits on the weekends. Most places only take cats or small dogs. My dog is 65 lbs of lab love. Sweetest thing and really well behaved and mellow.
Google maps estimates:
from Mission Bay, 12 minutes
from Point Loma, 20 minutes
from North Park, 12 minutes

Not quite double these for rush hour, since you'll be heading in the "lighter traffic" direction.

I can't offer much help on apartment hunting, since I own a condo.

I like labs! Several years ago, one of my neighbors had a big black lab that was generally in their yard. One day she was out as I walked past, and I said to her, "Did you know that everyone in the neighborhood is terrified to walk past your yard because of your dog?". She replied, astonished, "But he's such a loveable guy!". I said, "I know, because my sister raises black labs and all of them have been very lovely. But to everyone else they're Big and Dark and Noisy! Which is why my sister raises 'em ... they make good, safe watchdogs."

Old 08-09-2012, 07:32 PM

I still think that Del Mar or Encinitas would be better, but Point Loma is nice. I think I'll skip North Park...I read another thread about how it is inner city. I am used to suburb but also access to biking/hiking trials right outside my door (oh and a 3000 sq ft home). Once my husband joins me we can move to a house but I'll have to sacrifice until then.

My lab is an inside dog. She only goes outside to potty or if we are in the yard. She does have a mean bark, but then she'll just lick you to death.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:12 PM

123 posts, read 193,157 times
Check out Padmapper.com......good way for you to get a feel of what is our there and also to see how animal friendly potential landlords will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego