Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:53 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,734,699 times

Advertisements

I don't know how many posts I've made about Santee and it being a nice place to live, but here's another. It's not "klantee" that's ridiculous. It's not redneck either. If anything, it would be some white trash meth heads in small areas, but then, where does that not exist?
We lived in a great neighborhood, full of kids. Were very happy with the schools, although my daughter only went to part of 1st grade there before we left state (nothing to do with Santee, just totally wanted out of Ca for a change of pace) and never experienced any crime. I always kept my car doors unlocked with my purse right inside, over night. My husband always had a fit over it but I'd forget and my things would still be there untouched.
We always said if we ever moved back to Ca, we'd move back to Santee.
Someone mentioned the heat and yes, it gets toasty, but that's what ac is for. Plus we'd always head over to the zoo or Sea World for their "summer nights" in the late afternoon to kinda get away from the stuffiness!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,484 times
Default Santee is a great place to live

I moved here from Penasquitos in 2005. I moved from a 2 story 1900 sq.ft house that I still own to move to a 1400 single level home. I lived in PQ for almost 10 years and was so disgruntled with the overgrowth. Santee has not allowed that to happen. I hope I will never have to move from here! Everyone is so down to earth and nice...My kids like it here a lot more too. We came from the Poway school district and have not seen much difference in the teaching quality. I personally like the schools here better. Our police and and government are excellent too!

Old 10-08-2009, 10:34 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,383,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal78 View Post
Don't listen to any past stories or nick names about Santee. You have racist people there, just as you have pro-hispanic racists that belong to La Mecha living all over in SD City. Santee has had one of the top leading lowest crime
rates in all of SD County for years and that tells a lot right there. Santee is very modern and quiet. The people there are more friendlier and down to earth to talk to then most anti-social superficial individuals that live in SD City. It's actually a pretty darn exspensive area to buy a house in. Santee isn't cheap.
Are you black?

Old 10-09-2009, 01:40 AM

34 posts, read 110,450 times
Santee is nice. Buy a house there. Very Safe. Just as good as most of North County without the price tag. This stuff about racism is a white lie... calling it racist just because we voted for McCain and not the black guy is nonsense.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:05 AM

457 posts, read 1,345,057 times
For safety yes, for aesthetics no.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:45 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,768,986 times
I think what the city of Santee wants, is it to become more upscale. I cannot believe the massive development off Mission Gorge Rd in the last few years, it's completely brand new with new stores, well almost. New landscaping, finally repaved streets where it was most needed. I hope the place doesn't become all "La Jollaish", because it would ruin the small town vibe that Santee offers and make housing more expensive.

BTW, how does Santee have the money to pay for all of this new development? While other cities are broke and can barely pay for the light bill? They must of went on a nationwide hunt to lure corporate chain monsters to the city, because all you see now are chained restaurants and businesses with almost zero mom and pops, soon they will be or forced out by high lease prices, thus continuing the trend that Santee loves there corporate sponsors.

Anyways, Santee feels like your living in Missouri, it has a country feel.

Though I would never live in Santee because the lack of diversity, some tension towards Hispanics and conservative ways, it's still a nice place to live.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:01 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
I'd live in the heat in Santee before I'd live S of the 8 except for East Lake or by the Zoo.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:01 AM

3 posts, read 10,034 times
I live in Santee. I don't know about every house in Santee. But I have never seen that happen to any house around me. That is something that you make sure your inspecture checks before you buy any house.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:47 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,758,591 times
Klantee "home of the BRO's"

Old 12-09-2011, 01:24 AM

5 posts, read 16,844 times
Santee's a great buy. It's far enough from the main city, but still has access to what you need. Traffic does suck, but, compared to downtown or LA it's great. The only racism is bored people, and most residents work full time. Lots and lots of families. And it's "close" to any attraction, from Balboa Park to the mountains.

To the homes, well, they were built cheap. But built well. I'm a contractor, and the problems are very minor and easy to fix. Homes are ready to upgrade too. It is a river bed, not bedrock, so the ground slowly moves over 50 years. The only structural problems I have are from trees. I also have solar water heating, and that is beyond awesome. I have no a\c, but I wish I had an evaporative cooler. Also want to insulate the house. Plumbing and electrical are pretty good for the 70's.

Santee is one of the wealthiest cities in the county because of good planning. We just lost our own water supply, now we share the crap with the rest of San Diego. We take care of our own sewage- Santee Lakes. And Santee doesn't spend more than it makes. I think the city council has messed up a bit recently on spending. And our landfill will be a bigger problem in a decade. I like the roads and freeways. And I sort of like the new communities. I do miss the small stores, but the trend is the same all over the county, and there is still a lot of small businesses in Santee. Great schools. Great community events. Good people, if you need help someone will. Cops and Firefighters are great. Lots of churches, don't like the supermarket ones though. Real estate prices are great, and they didn't bottom out like elsewhere. And if you listen to those saying it's too hot, well, they also complain that it's freezing at 70 degrees. And finally, we have a direct optical connection to the internet. Stupid quick, at least to my uneducated computer skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego