Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 05:30 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times

Advertisements

Torrey Pines State Park (hiking and beach-see the sunset there!)
La Jolla & its Cove
Coronado
Balboa Park
Swami's Garden & Encinitas
Downtown and all its attractions (Zoo, Gaslamp Quarter, etc)
Mission Beach
Ocean Beach
Pacific Beach
Cabrillo National Monument

DEFINITELY go to LA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 08:41 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,373,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
OP, this is not even close to accurate. Even Tijuana is no longer nearly as touristy as it used to be, since the tourists stayed away in droves during the drug wars.
How do you know? Have you ever gone past ensenada? And I'm not talking about a cruise to cabo or even a party weekend in san felipe. I'm talking about places like p.n. martyr, mulege and loreto. That's the stuff really worth seeing but I don't recommend it for any first time visitors and they don't do tours there (at least not to the good spots). So, yeah go to tj if you want and feel like your in mex. Its fun enough and cleaner than it used to be I guess... but its about as close to the real mex as safari park is to africa, that's all I'm saying.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:51 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
How do you know? Have you ever gone past ensenada? And I'm not talking about a cruise to cabo or even a party weekend in san felipe. I'm talking about places like p.n. martyr, mulege and loreto. That's the stuff really worth seeing but I don't recommend it for any first time visitors and they don't do tours there (at least not to the good spots). So, yeah go to tj if you want and feel like your in mex. Its fun enough and cleaner than it used to be I guess... but its about as close to the real mex as safari park is to africa, that's all I'm saying.
Yes, we have. That's how I know.

I do agree that Tijuana, being a border town, is nothing like most of Mexico.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:36 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
Yes, we have. That's how I know.

I do agree that Tijuana, being a border town, is nothing like most of Mexico.
This is true. When you live in a border town, it's almost like being in the US, since you can cross back anytime. When you live in the interior and further down into Mexico, it's quite different. If you need to mail something to the US, you have to figure out how to do, if you need something from the US, you have to figure out how to get it.

Old 12-25-2013, 04:38 PM

620 posts, read 1,073,663 times
Im interestd in off the tourist map ... Im 27 and a bachelor .. So no interest in Sea world... Just the local stuff hang out smoke weed and eat good local fare as I read my NYTimes App .... Feel me ???

Old 12-25-2013, 04:45 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Smoking weed can get you in trouble here. Try the local bars instead.

Old 12-25-2013, 04:59 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,276,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post
Im interestd in off the tourist map ... Im 27 and a bachelor .. So no interest in Sea world... Just the local stuff hang out smoke weed and eat good local fare as I read my NYTimes App .... Feel me ???
You should feel the kava lounge. Try Washington or Colorado and smoke your whacky tabaccy whilst reading NYTimes app. Or you can do it here, though no guarantee on which cell you will sleeping in the rest of your time in SD.

Welcome to the Kava Lounge

Old 12-25-2013, 05:04 PM

278 posts, read 308,764 times
This:

Museum of Photographic Arts
Website · Directions

1649 El Prado, San Diego, CA
(619) 238-7559

Wednesday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm

It's pretty awesome and the grounds of Balboa Park are gorgeous!

Old 12-26-2013, 09:48 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Smoking weed can get you in trouble here. Try the local bars instead.
Isn't MJ decriminalized in CA ? How much trouble could he get into for a joint ?

I highly recommend eating in Oldtown. The mexican food is REALLY good. I don't care if tourists go there or not.

Young and bachelor ? TIJUAS all the way. Bring your passport dress conservatively and have fun.

I am from NYC but plan on moving to SD. After visiting for over 12 years I am finally making the move next year.

Great City.

Whale Watching Tour !

Old 12-27-2013, 12:32 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times
Only medical MJ is legalized. Visiting Seattle or Denver would be better for recreational weed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego