Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2014, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,710 times

Advertisements

Today is the first time I've heard of North City. According to their website, it is supposed to be a "visionary development at the heart of North County San Diego". It looks like it'll be located in/around San Marcos.

Does anyone else have more information about this development? What stage is it currently at (concept, funded, development, complete, etc.)? Everything that I've found so far doesn't have any dates/years listed!

North City - a North County San Diego Community, San Marcos San Diego Urban Development
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 03:58 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
I don't have any information about that development, but here is an area that has been around for awhile that people in North County should consider visiting and especially if they are hungry. I visited a couple I know in San Marcos about 7 years ago and we had a very good meal at Fish House Vera Cruz there. Welcome to Old California Restaurant Row.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:57 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,274,962 times
Looks like a nice project! I had not heard of it either but asked around and it seems like its really tied in with the university as its core then building a mixed use village around that. Should help create a more centralized university town center. Nothing but a plus for San Marcos IMHO.

Projected retail grand opening summer 2015, with the first residential and student housing completed in August 2012.

North City Retail

Old 05-10-2014, 11:03 AM

434 posts, read 988,384 times
And there's San Marcos Creek project as well. I'll try to fish up some info on that sometime. Exciting time to be a San Marcos resident. Not exciting in that everything will be a home run pulled off at reasonable cost, but just that things are going on. City at least not content to just exist.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:42 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
NorthSD, I remember San Marcos from way back when and let me tell you, it has come a LONG way. Perhaps you remember too. Back in my time <old school music playing in the background>, the only reason anyone would even dream of going there was for Palomar College. Now it's a nice place to live, especially on the south side of the freeway. Restaurant row helped and of course so did the University. That Chinese place there (can't think of the name) is pretty good too. Once Fry's opened there, I was at last able to satisfy my inner geek without going to the lame Fry's in San Diego or having to come up to OC or LA. I knew I would be coming to San Marcos like a pilgrim going to hajj. At the check out, a cashier from OC who saw where I lived on my DL laughed when I said I drove down for Fry's and Phils BBQ. She said the food was sooo bland in San Marcos. Ha, she doesn't know what it was like before. Then she added that she drives to Garden Grove for food so we called it a draw.

That project does look interesting. I am trying to think exactly where that is since much of San Marcos is now built out. On the map, it is not clear what exit that is. Which exit will that be exactly?

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 05-10-2014 at 08:24 PM..

Old 08-10-2016, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 797 times
Does anyone have any more info about North City in San Marcos?

Old 08-10-2016, 11:16 AM

96 posts, read 128,317 times
I think the other name of the project is University City. The whole area around the university is changing fast now.

Nearby, construction underway on a new master planned community. They plan to build about 350 single family homes in four neighborhoods, three of them will be gated. Good location with lots of trails, Discovery lake and I think the trails will be connected with superb existing trails network of San Elijo Hills. To accommodate the grow, new K8 Double Peak school is built to serve part of San Elijo Hills and Discovery Hills neighborhoods. Based on demographic profile it may be one of the best performing school in the county.

And one of the last developments in San Elijo Hills is selling now. If I remember correctly, it will be about 50 homes i a gated community on reasonably large lots with unobstructed view of Pacific Ocean from Orange County all the way down to Coronado islands.

I do not know any other city in San Diego county which is changing so fast.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:14 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
NorthSD, I remember San Marcos from way back when and let me tell you, it has come a LONG way. Perhaps you remember too. Back in my time <old school music playing in the background>, the only reason anyone would even dream of going there was for Palomar College. Now it's a nice place to live, especially on the south side of the freeway. Restaurant row helped and of course so did the University. That Chinese place there (can't think of the name) is pretty good too. Once Fry's opened there, I was at last able to satisfy my inner geek without going to the lame Fry's in San Diego or having to come up to OC or LA. I knew I would be coming to San Marcos like a pilgrim going to hajj. At the check out, a cashier from OC who saw where I lived on my DL laughed when I said I drove down for Fry's and Phils BBQ. She said the food was sooo bland in San Marcos. Ha, she doesn't know what it was like before. Then she added that she drives to Garden Grove for food so we called it a draw.

That project does look interesting. I am trying to think exactly where that is since much of San Marcos is now built out. On the map, it is not clear what exit that is. Which exit will that be exactly?

Did you ever go to the Sand Crab in SM? Is it still there?

Old 08-13-2016, 03:46 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passthetime View Post
Today is the first time I've heard of North City. According to their website, it is supposed to be a "visionary development at the heart of North County San Diego". It looks like it'll be located in/around San Marcos.

Does anyone else have more information about this development? What stage is it currently at (concept, funded, development, complete, etc.)? Everything that I've found so far doesn't have any dates/years listed!

North City - a North County San Diego Community, San Marcos San Diego Urban Development
So North County will look like Queens NY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego