Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 11:03 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times

Advertisements

When I lived in point loma I got a few because of the jerk off homeowners who believe they own the street property in front of their house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 12:23 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beelzebub View Post
What is the "EV"? I'm slow.
East Village.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:58 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,484,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
When I lived in point loma I got a few because of the jerk off homeowners who believe they own the street property in front of their house.

You got "a few" what? Do you mean warnings? I've had the ******* next door complain about my car and I got a warning from the city when my car hadn't been there 72 hours. But I still had 72 hours from the time of the warning.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:58 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,913,244 times
I had my car towed once and didn't even know the law existed in places like Del mar. I lived in a condo and had one small parking space, my other car parked on the side streets where there was always tons of parking space. But I went away on business one week, came back and my truck was gone. So I called the police to report it stolen.

They did some research, had to look into it. About an hour later they called me back and told me it was towed because you didn't move it for 72 hours. I was confused and said I left Sunday night, got back Friday, and my truck was towed away. And it wasn't like it was some beaten down car. It was a new bmw.
It cost like 500 bucks because the place was closed by the time I found out and they weren't open on weekends for me to pick it up. Or at least that's what they told me. It honestly felt like one big scam because you go away for a few days on business, come back and your car is gone and impounded. And its not on some road where they clean the streets or have no parking hours. It's some round about road that very few people use and there are always parking spaces.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:02 PM

14 posts, read 71,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2000 View Post
But I went away on business one week, came back and my truck was gone... It honestly felt like one big scam.
I bet one of your neighbors called it in....

Old 09-02-2014, 01:15 PM

50,313 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Funny how they are spot on except when it's some beater pos. Some car rear ended another on our street and it took them two weeks to tow it. I know all the neighbors by where it ended up called it in too. The whole front end was smashed.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:28 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
Totally depends on who your neighbors are and how much of a piece of !@#$ your car is.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:19 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,913,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Totally depends on who your neighbors are and how much of a piece of !@#$ your car is.
As already noted, I imagine if it's a POS, they probably don't tow it right away. The reality is that POS car might stay in the impound and nobody ever come to claim it. Whereas a newer car will have somebody claim it and pay immediately.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:54 AM

14 posts, read 71,038 times
I would also guess that Del Mar residents are more likely to be vigilant -- even those on uncrowded side streets -- just because they feel over-run by tourists and surfers who cruise their streets incessantly for a parking space and park in front of their house all the time.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:30 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,033,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2000 View Post
As already noted, I imagine if it's a POS, they probably don't tow it right away. The reality is that POS car might stay in the impound and nobody ever come to claim it. Whereas a newer car will have somebody claim it and pay immediately.
No, if someone complains, they put a 72-hour notice on it. Once the notice has expired and the car doesn't move, they tow it away. That's the procedure, that's how it works. Sometimes they come back for it after 4 or 5 days instead of 3, but if you see that bright orange notice on a car, it's gonna get towed.

The city doesn't police the streets for cars parked longer than 3 days. They just don't. Nobody is going to get towed unless someone complains. The POS that everyone assumes is just going to get automatically towed away by the city doesn't get towed because nobody calls the city about it. There's no conspiracy or analyzing whether someone might pick it up or not or anything like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego