Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 05:14 AM

487 posts, read 1,117,560 times

Advertisements

I know the subject has been tossed around a lot but I would like to know what neighborhoods actually enforce restrictions on residents parking in the street. I have been told the following:

Alamo Heights - No cars on the street after 5:00 PM
Hollywood Park - No cars on the street after 2:00 PM
Dominion - No cars on the street ever
Canyon Rim - No residents on the street EVER. Visitors are OK.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can add to, or correct my information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 06:18 AM

872 posts, read 1,855,907 times
The "neighborhood" can't unless they own the roads (typical in a gated community). The applicable government entity (city for example) can.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:37 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,296 times
Please don't get this topic going again... it goes nowhere as people here don't understand the concept of parking only on one side of a residential street. In our Colorado neighborhood, there was no "rule" about parking; people just had the brains to use their garages, own driveways, and one side of the street. We actually cared about the appearance of our neighborhood, not to mention the safety issues when you narrow a road to one lane because of street parking on both sides.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:47 AM

4,323 posts, read 7,229,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAggiemom View Post
I have been told the following:

Alamo Heights - No cars on the street after 5:00 PM

I would greatly appreciate it if you can add to, or correct my information
Actually, in Alamo Heights there is no parking on public streets between the hours of 2 AM and 5 AM without a temporary permit issued by the PD. It's an ordinance that's been on the books there for decades.

I don't know about today, but years ago the ordinance was strictly enforced. Usually, it would be a written warning for the first offense, and vehicle towing/impoundment for subsequent offenses.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:40 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,722,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Please don't get this topic going again... it goes nowhere as people here don't understand the concept of parking only on one side of a residential street. In our Colorado neighborhood, there was no "rule" about parking; people just had the brains to use their garages, own driveways, and one side of the street. We actually cared about the appearance of our neighborhood, not to mention the safety issues when you narrow a road to one lane because of street parking on both sides.
Wow. Let me see if I have this down. I park in the street, therefore I have no brains? Got it.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:16 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,486,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Wow. Let me see if I have this down. I park in the street, therefore I have no brains? Got it.
yep, you got it... no brains... add my husband to the no brain list also, as he parked in the street when he had his older car... also, we have less brains, because in another post i said that we lived in a cul-de-sac and parked in the street and somebody felt it necessary to REP me and in the comments said how they used to live in a cul de sac, not in our cul de sac, just in a random cul de sac, and all the neighbors talked about the person that parked in the street... they said they were telling me as a favor... gee, THANKS for the favor... LoL!!!

Old 05-25-2010, 11:27 AM

487 posts, read 1,117,560 times
I was not intending to start a discussion or debate. I just wanted to know if my information was correct. Incorporated municipalities and gated communities* can in fact make and enforce their own parking policies if they so choose. I was just wondering what neighborhoods had taken that route.

Ged - In AH parking was / is parking only banned for 3 hours a day?

Old 05-25-2010, 11:43 AM

4,323 posts, read 7,229,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAggiemom View Post
Ged - In AH parking was / is parking only banned for 3 hours a day?
Yes. The 2 AM - 5 AM restriction essentially eliminates overnight parking on the streets.

Some streets, especially around schools, may have additional parking restrictions, which will be indicated by signs posted along the street.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:53 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,788,317 times
I know of no restrictions in any of the gated / guarded Deerfield neighborhoods. Shockingly, no problem with cars parking wherever either. There are maybe 3 on my street, but the houses are so far apart and the cars are few that it makes absolutely no difference.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:23 AM

759 posts, read 3,688,852 times
Inwood limits parking on the street but I cannot remember the exact details. Maybe not after 7pm and no overnight parking unless you have a guest pass...
I am very supportive of cars on the driveway or in the garage but NOT on the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio