Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 02:48 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhanifin View Post
I'd like to borrow your logic to argue that white culture is full of pedophiles.

Go look in any major prison in CA and tell me how many white pedophiles you see. It has everything to do with race.
Logical fallacy because of the following:

A significant number of pedophilia cases are inter family related.

Thus white on white cases or black on black cases.

Prosecutions of black on black crimes are far fewer than crimes against whites.

So the issue may not be that there are more white child molesters but that more whites were arrested and proecuted for it. Its true blacks have a higher arrest and conviction rate on all crimes but on this one they wouldnt have the access to white victims that whites did.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:52 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Your pretty fancy and you are still accusing me of "race baiting". Why you want to engage me and not deal with the fact that race is a predictor of crime again not my stats is interesting.So say the studies which I did post. Most here feel that social and economic forces play a powerful role. Since the OP has not joined the thread again we are left to wonder whey they feel safe here.

Your word smithing will not change facts. The fault in your argument is your basis of supposed consistency which asks people to ignore the studies. In other words you smother the facts with language as to attempt to make the facts disappear, or you ignore the point by distracting the reader. In any logical debate (your throw down rejected) the parties must debate the same facts.

Race apparently predicts crime rate and your continuing to label me, at least to me, shows that you really lack the facts to disprove it...and your arrogance kinda wreaks, ya know?
I'm a "pretty fancy" high school dropout retired blue collar printer. The fact that you can't debate with someone as limited educationally as me is telling.

I engage you because "race" is NOT a "predictor of crime". And I have challenged you to produce a single credible study that shows otherwise. You have persisted in conflating genetics with cultural influences. That is heinously false. And at this point in our debate it has become patently obvious you are intentional in your false representation.

As I wrote in the previous post, I also challenge you to observe that the majority of white-collar crime - and pedophilia, as noted by another poster - is most often committed by Caucasians. Do you now then suggest Caucasians are genetically predisposed to those crimes?

As for your feeling I am "arrogant" - heh, I'm arrogant for calling you out on a racial lie? Too funny.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:55 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Logical fallacy because of the following:

A significant number of pedophilia cases are inter family related.

Thus white on white cases or black on black cases.

Prosecutions of black on black crimes are far fewer than crimes against whites.

So the issue may not be that there are more white child molesters but that more whites were arrested and proecuted for it. Its true blacks have a higher arrest and conviction rate on all crimes but on this one they wouldnt have the access to white victims that whites did.
Speaking of being illogical and fallacious - all of your series of posts in a row here are entirely nonsensical. Would you like me to shred them in detail for you?

If you don't know anything really about the science of logic and how to apply it,I suggest you refrain from trying to quote it (falsely).

Old 02-13-2015, 04:25 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Speaking of being illogical and fallacious - all of your series of posts in a row here are entirely nonsensical. Would you like me to shred them in detail for you?

If you don't know anything really about the science of logic and how to apply it,I suggest you refrain from trying to quote it (falsely).
Go argue with a therapist. Not interested here.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:51 PM

686 posts, read 1,138,455 times
Tulemutt has taken down AADAD, for the win!

Old 02-13-2015, 05:59 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the cops only report 1/3 of crime, then they report that its safe and then you feel safe.
its about how safe you feel not about how safe you are. in logan, i found out after i retired what really happened at night at 47th and market. lots of dead bodies. if i had known when i worked there i would have quit.
What the hell? First of all, 47th and Market is not in Logan, that's Chollas View. Dead bodies everywhere??? When was this? Even when that area was at its worse in the 80's and early 90's, it was still nothing compared to bad neighborhoods in other cities, trust someone who's lived in East Oakland.

San Diego did a lot to get rid of its gangs. Look up Operation Red Rag and operation Blue Rag. This is the main reason for the cities huge drop in crime.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Interestingly, San Jose is a bit smaller in population and it clocked in at 32 homicides last year (probably the rate was the same since SJ has a smaller population).

Bay Area cities

I do think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the problem people are being pushed out of central cities due to high costs.
You may be on to something with this because the crimes rates in outer cities like Antioch (Bay Area) and El Cajon (San Diego) are higher than they used to be.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Here you go. No implications. Just facts.

The Color of Crime
Race, Crime, and Justice in America — Second, Expanded Edition, 2005

Major Findings:
Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.
Crime Rates
Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.
Interracial Crime
Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
Gangs
Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.
Incarceration
Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.
Replace "Black" with "Jew" and crime with money, and you would have attracted huge support in 1930's Germany. Congratulations.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
High homocide rate cities like Baltimore, St Louis, New Orleans, and Detroit have a darker majority but they are also much poorer than metro areas like San Diego. Maybe it is more about wealth than race. Certainly someone with more money has less reason to rob and murder. Just my observation.

Also El Paso, San Antonio, and San Jose are consistenly safe for being cities over 500K and these are not a white majority cities.

Safest and Most Dangerous U.S. Cities, 2013
Exactly! Everett Washington has a rather high crime rate for a city it's size and it's 80% white. It's also rather poor.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:17 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
The question was why is San Diego so safe. I posted data which alleges to show the correlation between larger black populations and crime. Being curious is not illegal or shameful except with some people. It does seem however odd that posting would immediately get a "labeling" response where the messenger is the problem. I simply saw that due to the lower black population might be one explanation for the perception of San Diego being safe. If that is somehow offensive to you, you may be surprised to learn that after reading the crime stats (first time for me) the generalization appears to hold true. If you disagree, don't go after me....disprove it!

just a fyi I don't think at least for me that San Diego is all that safe.
NYC has a Black population much larger than San Diego's and it's crime levels are about the same as San Diego's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego