Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 03:09 PM

70 posts, read 100,889 times

Advertisements

We have an accepted offer on a house in Villa Portofino development. Couple questions for anyone in the know:

-Anything I should be aware of about Tierrasanta as a whole?
-How much jet noise from Miramar?
-Anyone dealt with the HOA at Villa Portofino? Reasonable or power-happy?
-It is a bit inland, and this house has no A/C-how hot does it get there in the summer?
-Any questions I haven't asked, but should still know the answers to?

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 03:11 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,578,046 times
I think I'd want central AC in that baby but ceiling fans in every room might work.

Congrats on the new house!

Old 03-11-2015, 04:42 PM

42 posts, read 57,249 times
tierrasanta is an awesome place to live. I have a friend who lived there and loved it. you can hike right into mission trails park, and it's safe too. I haven't heard anything bad about Portofino at least. Yes, you're east of 15, but there are almost constant breezes in tierrasanta. as Cardiff kook said, ceiling fans should be enough. enjoy.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:05 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,576,569 times
If this coming summer is anything like last summer, you will need central AC in Tierrasanta. I live about 10 miles west of Tierrasanta and last summer was extremely hot & humid at our house. Ceiling fans were just not enough.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:25 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times
-Anything I should be aware of about Tierrasanta as a whole?

It's a nice quiet neighborhood. The only time the Portofino area gets busy is when the high school lets out and the kids invade the streets and the nearby shopping center's taco shop and McDonalds.

-How much jet noise from Miramar?

You will not hear it from inside the home, but you will here the distant noise while outside. I remember I would only hear it on a specific day, like on a Tuesday or Thursday.

-Anyone dealt with the HOA at Villa Portofino? Reasonable or power-happy?

In my 3 years of renting there, they only bugged me once to take down a privacy screen we had hung from the car port down to the fence. I would say reasonable.

-It is a bit inland, and this house has no A/C-how hot does it get there in the summer?

At its worse, it was nothing a portable room AC coudn't take care of. I would use it only a couple of days in the summer.

-Any questions I haven't asked, but should still know the answers to?

The gardners make a whole bunch of noice on Tuesday mornings so hopefully your awake by that time, other than that they keep the landscaping in tip top shape!

Also, the neighborhood is Halloween heaven since the houses are in alleys/sidewalks, so expect a busy night on Halloween.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:46 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times
^^^ Considering the two tennis courts, the swimming pool, access to the club house, the playground and park, the basketball court, and all the wonderful landscaping the entire neighborhood has, I would say that the HOA fee is worth it unlike in other neighborhoods where...well, who knows what the HOA fee pays for.

I think its $138 dlls, right?

Old 03-12-2015, 06:58 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
It's a nice area and really somewhat unique in that it has a central location but no through traffic.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:46 PM

70 posts, read 100,889 times
Thanks everyone.

Malco- Ya, it was hilarious: I was at the house the other day for inspections and all of the sudden a gigantic parade of high schoolers overtook the sidewalk. It was a sight to behold. No biggie-I usually wont be there at that time anyways.

That is good to hear about Halloween too. I have always lived in neighborhoods where we didn't receive many trick or treaters.

The HOA fees ($141 for me) seem reasonable to me, for sure. That fact makes me think they will raise them soon, though!

Old 03-13-2015, 12:11 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Like others have said, Tierrasanta is a nice and quiet area. A couple I knew who lived there until recently did complain about not having A/C, though. They were in a 2 story condo and they said it was so hot and humid upstairs this past summer that they had to sleep downstairs on many nights. Might be wise to get a portable A/C unit.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:13 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Like others have said, Tierrasanta is a nice and quiet area. A couple I knew who lived there until recently did complain about not having A/C, though. They were in a 2 story condo and they said it was so hot and humid upstairs this past summer that they had to sleep downstairs on many nights. Might be wise to get a portable A/C unit. Congrats on the purchase
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego