Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 02:02 PM

401 posts, read 446,189 times

Advertisements

Repped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 02:54 PM

15,137 posts, read 32,428,163 times
I don't have a subscription, and I was able to read it.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:08 PM

807 posts, read 901,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I don't have a subscription, and I was able to read it.
Some sites will give a limited number of views per day before blocking. It is tracked on the cookie.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:10 PM

15,137 posts, read 32,428,163 times
I only read the U-T online. If an article that I want to read requires me to subscribe, I copy and paste the title of it into Google, and read it somewhere else. Articles aren't exclusive to the U-T, they just think they are.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:41 PM

33 posts, read 74,802 times
Nimby Nimby Nimby

I just got a mailer about the Paseo project this evening. It seems someone else is trying to derail that project after they won the battle.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:16 PM

813 posts, read 1,277,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboe700 View Post
Nimby Nimby Nimby

I just got a mailer about the Paseo project this evening. It seems someone else is trying to derail that project after they won the battle.
The people with their petitions are relentless! One of them followed me to my car today from the door of the grocery store. I was nice and told her that I was all set, but she literally followed me. I appreciate that people have opinions and a right to protest, etc., but geeze, when people want to be left alone - don't follow them to their car!

Old 03-27-2015, 07:41 AM

27 posts, read 176,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Settlement reached in Quarry Creek suits | UTSanDiego.com

The concessions were enough to persuade environmental group Preserve Calavera to settle lawsuits it filed against the city for allegedly approving the project without adequate review of its effects on traffic and sensitive land.

That bus has left
I don't believe those lawsuits covered the 'robertson ranch' development, only Quarry Creek. Surprisingly, RR really hasn't received much negative press but plans to add an additional 700 units on current agricultural hillside land along El Camino Real between Cannon and Tamarack. It was one of the reasons we left the area....I guess the only silver-lining is that the project was scaled back after the 2008 crash, was originally going to be 1,100 units.

But regardless most likely nothing you could do at this point....except sell.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:43 PM

5,791 posts, read 4,762,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipr View Post
my mom lives in carlsbad, and there is a giant "new homes" development starting across the street.

before this, her location in a very small community was relatively isolated, and it had a nice view of all the hills they are now totally building on.

now, they are even going to put a traffic light right in front of their little driveway.

my mom and i believe the new homes and the crowding and lost views are going to make her property value go way down.

is there anything we can do?

replies much appreciated, and thanks!
Sure. Sell your house.

Every development goes thru public comment period before approval. This when the neighbors get to tell scary horror stories to the planning commission. I guess you missed your window.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:48 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,918,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowHope View Post
The people with their petitions are relentless! One of them followed me to my car today from the door of the grocery store. I was nice and told her that I was all set, but she literally followed me. I appreciate that people have opinions and a right to protest, etc., but geeze, when people want to be left alone - don't follow them to their car!
Both sides were a bit over the top for a long time. And both were even pushing things like "Save the Chargers" or not instead of telling the truth. It was very odd that a few people would out and out lie about what they were there for and then try and talk you into or out of Paseo. That entire plaza is being renovated or for awhile, just a bunch of stores that moved or closed.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:21 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,768,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipr View Post
my mom lives in carlsbad, and there is a giant "new homes" development starting across the street.

before this, her location in a very small community was relatively isolated, and it had a nice view of all the hills they are now totally building on.

now, they are even going to put a traffic light right in front of their little driveway.

my mom and i believe the new homes and the crowding and lost views are going to make her property value go way down.

is there anything we can do?

replies much appreciated, and thanks!
Maybe we should ask the neighbors who were there before your mom moved in how they felt when they learned of her development being built nearby? Luckily, they didn't stop construction or your mom wouldn't be living where she is now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: