Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 06:00 PM

33 posts, read 74,584 times

Advertisements

The team name and colors! And the NFL should promise us a replacement team in a few years.
LA is nothing but a greedy sibling. They stole our Clippers now they want our Chargers, Oakland's Raiders AND the Rams! What gives?

Me = annoyed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 08:25 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboe700 View Post
The team name and colors! And the NFL should promise us a replacement team in a few years.
LA is nothing but a greedy sibling. They stole our Clippers now they want our Chargers, Oakland's Raiders AND the Rams! What gives?

Me = annoyed
Why should the NFL promise SD (or any city for that matter) a replacement team? LOL this is comical.

By the way, LA does not consider SD a sibling, but a spawn of itself.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:21 PM

601 posts, read 1,451,774 times
Knowing how the Spanos family runs their business, don't expect much.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:29 AM

414 posts, read 508,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
By the way, LA does not consider SD a sibling, but a spawn of itself.
Not sure how that works out since San Diego is older and is where the first, defining mission of "Alta California" was built. San Diego is where California started. LA is the b**tard brother of San Diego. Goes to show how uneducated the average Angeleno is. Maybe they should read a history book.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:12 AM

11 posts, read 51,026 times
How about going with a new name like, San Diego Sharks? =)

Old 10-27-2015, 04:14 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,576,007 times
Quote:
They stole our Clippers now they want our Chargers
Ridiculous. There is no "our." Your ownership interest, my ownership interest, the public's ownership interest in any professional sports team, and most especially the NFL: zero. These monopolistic owners want nothing to do with you, ever. You will never, ever, ever have a seat at the table, or any say in what happens to a professional sports team. Your input on team name, uniforms, anything having to do with "your" team: utterly meaningless.

So let's stop with this sophomoric fiction the Chargers are a public asset or otherwise are owned in some way -- any way -- by the city or county of San Diego or its residents. There is no "our" team. It's the owner's team, period. To suggest anything other than this harsh reality is nonsense.

What's more, the NFL specifically adopted rules to prevent you, I, or any member of the "public" from ever achieving ownership of an NFL franchise. The NFL purposefully adopted rules to ensure the Green Bay Packers would forever be the only team owned by the public.

Below are the rules they adopted. They make it all but impossible for the public to purchase, acquire, or otherwise obtain interest in a team, using draconian approval processes to keep you out. The only reason to adopt these rules is to keep you out.

The National Football League. It doesn't want you. Ever. And the operating structure and bylaws say so. Do you understand this? It only wants (i) your money and (ii) tax burdens shifted to you.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:01 AM

1,082 posts, read 833,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USDefault View Post
Ridiculous. There is no "our." Your ownership interest, my ownership interest, the public's ownership interest in any professional sports team, and most especially the NFL: zero. These monopolistic owners want nothing to do with you, ever. You will never, ever, ever have a seat at the table, or any say in what happens to a professional sports team. Your input on team name, uniforms, anything having to do with "your" team: utterly meaningless.

So let's stop with this sophomoric fiction the Chargers are a public asset or otherwise are owned in some way -- any way -- by the city or county of San Diego or its residents. There is no "our" team. It's the owner's team, period. To suggest anything other than this harsh reality is nonsense.

What's more, the NFL specifically adopted rules to prevent you, I, or any member of the "public" from ever achieving ownership of an NFL franchise. The NFL purposefully adopted rules to ensure the Green Bay Packers would forever be the only team owned by the public.

Below are the rules they adopted. They make it all but impossible for the public to purchase, acquire, or otherwise obtain interest in a team, using draconian approval processes to keep you out. The only reason to adopt these rules is to keep you out.

The National Football League. It doesn't want you. Ever. And the operating structure and bylaws say so. Do you understand this? It only wants (i) your money and (ii) tax burdens shifted to you.

Finally someone who gets it!! And FWIW, I have been around quite a few different football fans in other parts of the country. Charger fans SUCK. I have never seen more disloyal, bandwagon jumping set of fans anywhere. It would be nice to see the Chargers go just to quit seeing my friends whine and flipping off the tv every time they do poorly and then the next minute, falling all over themselves about how good they are when they do well. Get rid of them already. Truthfully, it's embarrassing.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:17 AM

33 posts, read 74,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USDefault View Post
Then tell them to stop asking for our tax dollars to build their stadium!

Stop raining on my rant

Old 10-27-2015, 10:44 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Then tell them to stop asking for our tax dollars to build their stadium!
So far they have not ask for anything. They wont even come to the table.
After i read the article that basically stated that "The Spano's family is damn near broke"
I Think i might of figured out there End Game. The Spano's family is going to move the team to L.A. at what ever cost, and then sell the team for a huge profit within the year of moving to L.A.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:39 PM

601 posts, read 1,451,774 times
At least we still have the SDSU Aztecs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego