Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 05:24 PM

157 posts, read 644,782 times

Advertisements

i've been told theres the Bro's in san diego

they are white boyz and predjudice against African-Americans.

where i come from Bro's are African-Americans.

is this for real ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 06:52 PM

5 posts, read 28,474 times
I have never heard of them and I have been living in SD for almost ten years. I hope it is not for real.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:13 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,734,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakazdog View Post
i've been told theres the Bro's in san diego

they are white boyz and predjudice against African-Americans.

where i come from Bro's are African-Americans.

is this for real ?
I know, isn't that crazy?! lol...the people in this forum are always referring to these guys as being from Santee...ugh...we lived in Santee and never noticed anything like this phenom, maybe we were bros and didn't even know it,lol

Old 04-12-2009, 10:06 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,316,319 times
Never heard of it.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:40 PM

434 posts, read 988,091 times
Like crip's or blood's? Or surfer's?

Anyhoo. The stereotype I know is backward-cap-wearing, Moose McGill's-patronizing, frat-ish-looking, Red Bull + whatever-drinkin', nu-metal/hard rock listening guys. In other words, dudes who hang out in P.B. and Mission Beach - and Gaslamp, too, I suppose. Before you scream at me, that's a stereotype.

If you go to the mountains, they're the guys who snowboard in packs, maybe with bandanas hanging off their bagging pants, maybe smelling of pot, drinking PBR on the lift, or talking about fighting some guy who dissed their girl or blasting off some rail, all while somehow showing off their oh-so-special physiques.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:43 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,768,557 times
Come on guys, you really don't know what Bro's are? They are the future Rednecks of San Diego.

Definition of a Bro:

Ages-whenever to about 30 years old, or even 35

Loves lifted trucks, but it has to be a Ford particular, don't know why.

Wears a lotta black clothing, flat bill style hats, a mix between a Cholo look and White Trash.

They worship Skin Clothing and every other off roading brand you can think of.

They love going to the desert and the mountains such as Glamis to do there bro thing, like riding quads, destroying there trucks by off roading them to hell.

They listen to Hip Hop, and Rock music. Live in East County of San Diego, but you can still find them just about everywhere in SD now days. The trend has even rub off on some Mexicans, so you'll see a Mexican dude in a huge lifted Chevy truck riding down the street, looking a all broish, trying to look tough/macho and cool, ahhhh...I'm sorry it just doesn't look right

They love gettin drunk, smoking that green sticky ekee, watching UFC fighting, and are pretty dumb to talk to.

Are sons of Redneck dads that works as a contractor/plumbing/construction worker, so he usually drives a truck, and the whole truck loving phenomenon eventually comes back around to the son. Or Bro's can come from a middle, or upper middle class family background, but these guys are flaky, and are more like wannabe Bro's, but preppy in a way.

Some can be racist, but most of them are just big wussy's, I know a former Bro that had a Confederate Flag mounted in his room! He was a closet racist, and never bluntly said or did anything to harm a minority. He mainly has Mexican friends, which is strange? I just think he was confused at the time. Where does he live? Of all places.........guess................Santee

They are not skin heads in a sense, so you wouldn't worry about a Bro coming up to you and doing anything racist, but maybe the more hardcore types that are cross breeds skin heads that live in Lakeside could actually harm a minority in a very bad way.

Here's a quote I took off from a website, an even better definition of what a bro is

ussually white guys, with lifted trucks. listen to the newest rap, hardcore, rock.
example- KMK, Disturbed, lil' john etc.

clothes-
-wear hates at an angle with the visor part fliped up. sometimes have a sign or symbol on it.
-wear skin and no fear shirts.
-jerseys, bandannas, or no shirt at all.
-generaly dress in all black.
-wear big rings, have plugs.
-ussualy seen in the OC, Califronia area.
-use the west side sign more often then needed.
-ussualy seen with black spiked hair.
-into metal mulisha
-wear sunglasses
-kind of in to them selfs

-interests
dirt bikes. smoking. drinking. weed. girls.

they dont really care about much. they Normally want to start something or get into a fight. puff there chest up to look bigger and/or tougher.

At a party*

josh-"Why is that Bro over there wearing his hat like that?" (in a loud voice)

Greg-"I have no idea. it looks so dumb."

Bro- " WhAt DiD YoU SaY ******?? YoU WaNt Me To BeAt YoUr ***? HUH? what? what?"

Here's more LOL!

1. Friend; commonly used in greetings.

What’s up bro?
I vouch for Todd, we’ve been bros since way back.

2. An alpha male idiot. This is the derogatory sense of the word (common usage in the western US): white, 16-25 years old, inarticulate, belligerent, talks about nothing but chicks and beer, drives a jacked up truck that’s plastered with stickers, has rich dad that owns a dealership or construction business and constantly tells this to chicks at parties, is into extreme sports that might be fun to do but are uncool to claim (wakeboarding, dirt biking, lacrosse), identifies excessively with brand names, spends a female amount of money on clothes and obsesses over his appearance to a degree that is not socially acceptable for a heterosexual male. The female equivalent of the Bro is the Bro Hoe. Bro Hoes are Bro groupies that hang around bros, many of whom are actually quite hot and are thus spared the scorn that is heaped on Bros.

My sisters new boyfriend is an idiot; the dude is a total bro.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:05 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,734,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
Come on guys, you really don't know what Bro's are? They are the future Rednecks of San Diego.

Definition of a Bro:

Ages-whenever to about 30 years old, or even 35

Loves lifted trucks, but it has to be a Ford particular, don't know why.

Wears a lotta black clothing, flat bill style hats, a mix between a Cholo look and White Trash.

They worship Skin Clothing and every other off roading brand you can think of.

They love going to the desert and the mountains such as Glamis to do there bro thing, like riding quads, destroying there trucks by off roading them to hell.

They listen to Hip Hop, and Rock music. Live in East County of San Diego, but you can still find them just about everywhere in SD now days. The trend has even rub off on some Mexicans, so you'll see a Mexican dude in a huge lifted Chevy truck riding down the street, looking a all broish, trying to look tough/macho and cool, ahhhh...I'm sorry it just doesn't look right

They love gettin drunk, smoking that green sticky ekee, watching UFC fighting, and are pretty dumb to talk to.

Are sons of Redneck dads that works as a contractor/plumbing/construction worker, so he usually drives a truck, and the whole truck loving phenomenon eventually comes back around to the son. Or Bro's can come from a middle, or upper middle class family background, but these guys are flaky, and are more like wannabe Bro's, but preppy in a way.

Some can be racist, but most of them are just big wussy's, I know a former Bro that had a Confederate Flag mounted in his room! He was a closet racist, and never bluntly said or did anything to harm a minority. He mainly has Mexican friends, which is strange? I just think he was confused at the time. Where does he live? Of all places.........guess................Santee

They are not skin heads in a sense, so you wouldn't worry about a Bro coming up to you and doing anything racist, but maybe the more hardcore types that are cross breeds skin heads that live in Lakeside could actually harm a minority in a very bad way.

Here's a quote I took off from a website, an even better definition of what a bro is

ussually white guys, with lifted trucks. listen to the newest rap, hardcore, rock.
example- KMK, Disturbed, lil' john etc.

clothes-
-wear hates at an angle with the visor part fliped up. sometimes have a sign or symbol on it.
-wear skin and no fear shirts.
-jerseys, bandannas, or no shirt at all.
-generaly dress in all black.
-wear big rings, have plugs.
-ussualy seen in the OC, Califronia area.
-use the west side sign more often then needed.
-ussualy seen with black spiked hair.
-into metal mulisha
-wear sunglasses
-kind of in to them selfs

-interests
dirt bikes. smoking. drinking. weed. girls.

they dont really care about much. they Normally want to start something or get into a fight. puff there chest up to look bigger and/or tougher.

At a party*

josh-"Why is that Bro over there wearing his hat like that?" (in a loud voice)

Greg-"I have no idea. it looks so dumb."

Bro- " WhAt DiD YoU SaY ******?? YoU WaNt Me To BeAt YoUr ***? HUH? what? what?"

Here's more LOL!

1. Friend; commonly used in greetings.

What’s up bro?
I vouch for Todd, we’ve been bros since way back.

2. An alpha male idiot. This is the derogatory sense of the word (common usage in the western US): white, 16-25 years old, inarticulate, belligerent, talks about nothing but chicks and beer, drives a jacked up truck that’s plastered with stickers, has rich dad that owns a dealership or construction business and constantly tells this to chicks at parties, is into extreme sports that might be fun to do but are uncool to claim (wakeboarding, dirt biking, lacrosse), identifies excessively with brand names, spends a female amount of money on clothes and obsesses over his appearance to a degree that is not socially acceptable for a heterosexual male. The female equivalent of the Bro is the Bro Hoe. Bro Hoes are Bro groupies that hang around bros, many of whom are actually quite hot and are thus spared the scorn that is heaped on Bros.

My sisters new boyfriend is an idiot; the dude is a total bro.

rofl, boy the term "bro" has changed since I moved away. It used to be just what guys would call each other, "hey bro, what's up" then it sort of changed to "bra"....."hey bra, what's up"...maybe because there was a new breed of bros moving in,lol...they sort of sound like redneck wiggers....and totally rofl'ing about anyone having a confed flag on the west coast! Silly confused boys rofl

Old 04-13-2009, 11:49 AM

1,975 posts, read 5,211,391 times
LOL about "bros," a true SoCal phenomenon. You don't really see this culture in other parts of the county. Sure there are rednecks and ATV riders all over, but not Californiacated like your typical Bro. In other parts of the county these types usually hunt, wear Carharts, and listen to hard rock or country. I used to live in PB and had a roommate who exhibited many of these Bro traits. Was not a bad guy, but not exactly the most cultured person you will ever meet.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:28 PM

434 posts, read 988,091 times
Ha, ha. SDLife's post was better, gotta admit.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:37 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,691,377 times
I've seen these guys. I thought it was a 909 (Inland Empire) thing.

It seems to be a sort of micro-culture, but not really a racist thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego