Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 12:40 PM

372 posts, read 576,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
This site might add another perspective on Temecula's historical weather trends. It says there were nine days of 100+ degree temperatures there in 2015.
2015 - Temecula, California Weather Summary
I haven't tracked it, and I'm a bit north of Temecula, on the west side of Murrieta, but as a recent transplant from the Bay Area (1-1/2 years ago), I've been very pleasantly surprised by the weather and air quality here in my part of SW Riverside County.

We arrived in June of 2014, and I had a few rough days my first summer and fall; it was hotter than I was used to, for sure. All through 2015, though, I realized I was acclimating and we used the A/C way less. (We do have a pool, which helps.)

It gets hot, so we run the A/C for a bit some summer afternoons--just as we did up in the Bay Area. We get a good breeze that cools us down. Temecula gets the same breeze. We sleep under ceiling fans when we need to and ran the A/C at night only once or twice at night last year.

At no time since we've been here have I worried about air quality, although heading north on 91 and looking toward Corona, I can see some pretty thick air--as recently as yesterday. On my side of Murrieta, that breeze that comes up from the SW must be helping to keep our air clean.

We looked at the same areas you're looking at, and 35 years ago we lived in Oceanside, out 78 towards San Marcos. We really prefer the open spaces of SW Riverside County, and we found the right home and neighborhood here in Murrieta.

Good luck with your home search and move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 01:50 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin' Coastal View Post
I haven't tracked it, and I'm a bit north of Temecula, on the west side of Murrieta, but as a recent transplant from the Bay Area (1-1/2 years ago), I've been very pleasantly surprised by the weather and air quality here in my part of SW Riverside County.

We arrived in June of 2014, and I had a few rough days my first summer and fall; it was hotter than I was used to, for sure. All through 2015, though, I realized I was acclimating and we used the A/C way less. (We do have a pool, which helps.)

It gets hot, so we run the A/C for a bit some summer afternoons--just as we did up in the Bay Area. We get a good breeze that cools us down. Temecula gets the same breeze. We sleep under ceiling fans when we need to and ran the A/C at night only once or twice at night last year.

At no time since we've been here have I worried about air quality, although heading north on 91 and looking toward Corona, I can see some pretty thick air--as recently as yesterday. On my side of Murrieta, that breeze that comes up from the SW must be helping to keep our air clean.

We looked at the same areas you're looking at, and 35 years ago we lived in Oceanside, out 78 towards San Marcos. We really prefer the open spaces of SW Riverside County, and we found the right home and neighborhood here in Murrieta.

Good luck with your home search and move!
Yep lived on the West side for 9 years and the AC was only on until about 4 PM and started after 12 noon in the Summer, Now across the 15 or 215 and it can be hotter.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:57 PM

31 posts, read 38,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
This site might add another perspective on Temecula's historical weather trends. It says there were nine days of 100+ degree temperatures there in 2015.
2015 - Temecula, California Weather Summary
Good site.. I looked at just Aug and there were 18 days over 90! But it's a dry heat right?

Ok I'm editing to be fair I looked at June and what do you know.. 18 days over 90..
Now 90 is not 100 but once you hit that 90 the AC does get used. $$

Old 03-19-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisvuitton1 View Post
Good site.. I looked at just Aug and there were 18 days over 90! But it's a dry heat right?

Ok I'm editing to be fair I looked at June and what do you know.. 18 days over 90..
Now 90 is not 100 but once you hit that 90 the AC does get used. $$
Our house stays cool much of the day even on a hot day because we have flagstone floors.
On those 90+ degree days, the A/C comes on early afternoon because the back of
our house faces SW so we get more warmth then. However, we're getting solar screens installed
and then awnings, so that ought to help keep things cooler on those afternoons.

The only days I've turned on A/C in the morning were those very few days that we've had humidity,
which makes the heat uncomfortable.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:07 PM

16 posts, read 56,196 times
Thanks hkbruin, aadad, pacific2 and again to Louisvuitton1.

hkbruin- We are thinking about staying in furnished home or vacation rental for about month or so and most likely rent afterwords.

Aadad- I tried to look up data on air quality and could not find much. Definitely I want to know more. Can you advise where to look?

Louisvitton1- I will be moving in July and August. I read most likely those are the hottest month. We will see how those first one or two months are. Thanks for your help in our search.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:27 PM

16 posts, read 56,196 times
Thanks goin'coastal.

What helps you decide for murrieta compare to south Temecula?

Old 03-19-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpallstate View Post
Thanks goin'coastal.

We looked in both Temecula and Murrieta, but we found the house and neighborhood we loved in Murrieta. It was the house. Had we found a house we liked as much in Temecula, we could easily have moved there.

I like Temecula very much.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpallstate View Post
Thanks goin'coastal.

Now I chose Murrieta over Temecula because I could live West of the 15, which is better, the location was away from the major heavy traffic, but still easy to get to stores, restaurants, parks and even the Mall. East of the 15 and it gets worse on the roads and East of the 215 is even more so. The further East you live the longer it takes to get somewhere, ... except the wineries.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Now I chose Murrieta over Temecula because I could live West of the 15, which is better, the location was away from the major heavy traffic, but still easy to get to stores, restaurants, parks and even the Mall. East of the 15 and it gets worse on the roads and East of the 215 is even more so. The further East you live the longer it takes to get somewhere, ... except the wineries.
You thought it through better than we did. We looked out east but it didn't feel right. I think we just got lucky because we really like our house and the neighborhood. There was no other place we saw down here that would have enticed us to uproot from our Bay Area home and head back down south.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:30 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-b...a-phoenix.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego