Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 04:37 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Perfect segway. Probably due to the upcoming holiday but the SDPD AND the park ranger were towing what looked like vehicles people were living in off of Fiesta and surrounding areas this morning. There was a fleet of tow trucks all hooked up. All the vehicles had pink notices (or tickets).
Timely observation, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 06:11 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
There are no safe parking lots, and if the OP is a 5150, he has definite problems, besides living in his car. But since he last posted here in July, I hope he's found a place to live by now. But if you're going to live in a vehicle, you have to know how to to do it.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:50 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Timely observation, eh?
I ride my tri-bike on fiesta almost daily and it does seem to happen before the big holidays.
Which is where I'm heading right now

Old 08-28-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I ride my tri-bike on fiesta almost daily and it does seem to happen before the big holidays.
Which is where I'm heading right now
Ride safe. Watch out for tow trucks pulling RV's

Old 08-28-2016, 01:19 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
They even had the mobile drunk tank out today. Looking for stolen property.
Attached Thumbnails
Living in my car?-20160828_110657.jpg  

Old 09-04-2016, 02:16 AM

1 posts, read 779 times
I'm try to find out the exact ordinance I also live in my truck and it gets seven miles to the gallon Walmart if in Olympia or Lacey let's you sleep there not tumwater 1 tho but how I work it is I make sure to leave before 8 am the I go to priestpoint park they as also tumwater historical park also has electrical out let's and as long as your out at closing they are really cool I lost my job and with my apt and like you I'd die if I didn't have my big black truck

Old 09-04-2016, 04:48 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clc2332 View Post
I'm try to find out the exact ordinance I also live in my truck and it gets seven miles to the gallon Walmart if in Olympia or Lacey let's you sleep there not tumwater 1 tho but how I work it is I make sure to leave before 8 am the I go to priestpoint park they as also tumwater historical park also has electrical out let's and as long as your out at closing they are really cool I lost my job and with my apt and like you I'd die if I didn't have my big black truck
You need to be in San Diego by the beach and its free for most of the year and theres lots of ppl there with no job so its cool theres places to sleep and Walmart and some places have electricity you can sleep theres some guys on here who will help you to get help if you are down on your luck and need a hand also you can drive a big black truck down in Diego plus its safe but you need to work on what time to leave and what time to get there tho

Old 09-04-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clc2332 View Post
Tumwater / Olympia is in Washington state. Do you realize you posted this in the California / San Diego forum? You can't sleep in WalMart lots in California. State and local counties don't allow WalMart to extend that hospitality.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
You need to be in San Diego by the beach and its free for most of the year and theres lots of ppl there with no job so its cool theres places to sleep and Walmart and some places have electricity you can sleep theres some guys on here who will help you to get help if you are down on your luck and need a hand also you can drive a big black truck down in Diego plus its safe but you need to work on what time to leave and what time to get there tho
Not really funny OC.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:25 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Phinneas, I don't know where you live, but I am almost certain it isn't in your car in San Diego County. If LE were truly as accepting of people sleeping in their cars as you claim here, then there would be no need for articles and/or programs like this:

Without a Safe Place to Park, Those Living in Their Cars Are Stuck in Neutral - Voice of San Diego

I actually have worked with homeless teenagers whose families were trying to live out of their cars (and RVs) in San Diego County, and I know from their personal stories that it is not as easy as just pulling up along side a road somewhere. These children and their parents told me what it was like to move from place to place, how many tickets they'd received, and, yes, how their cars/RVs had been impounded by law enforcement.

It doesn't appear that the young person who was the original poster is still reading this thread, but if he/she is, I hope that by now he has landed in a more permanent situation than living in his car and sought help from professionals. I also hope that he/she didn't follow your advice to waste his/her limited resources on a van. I wish him/her well in the tough journey ahead.
Oh yeah I get my rocks off by going on the internet and pretending I am poor and live in my car, thats it, you found me out.
Have YOU ever lived in your car for extended periods? At all? And I would imagine its a real circus to live in a car with a wife and kids. How on earth is that even remotely relevent to the OP or me?
I have no doubt they had plenty of contact with police, residents would quickly call them either from disgust of the circus or concern for the welfare of the kids. A family with kids living in a car is going to be REAL obvious. Me? You dont see me nor hear me. You walk by my little SUV its just another car parked. I cant believe I even have to explain all this.
Finally you WISH HIM WELL. That was real helpful. Maybe he should GET HELP? Plenty of govt programs out there where you can just walk in the office say I am homeless and in a few short minutes you have a key to an apartment and youre good to go! Or maybe he should pay a visit to father Joe, holy this holy that get saved and park his vehicle somewhere around the corner, what could go wrong here?
Even if you are a veteran, there is just no free lunch out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego