Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 11:26 PM

441 posts, read 534,186 times

Advertisements

Combination of Images of San Diego and Pokemon Go threads!

We hosted my sister-in-law for a few days. She was taking a lot of pictures with an SLR that was too much for her; I had a lot of extra time on my hands waiting for her to focus and finish at each scenic spot. So I decided to pose some perky Pokemon in prime points of interest including some piers and plazas.

Krabby at Ocean Beach:

Magikarp on the OB pier:

Rhyhorn at the Balboa Park lily pond:

Ponyta on El Prado:

Paras in the Balboa Park colonnade:

Doduo learning the history of La Jolla Cove:

Magikarp at Torrey Pines:

Magnemite on Coronado:

Voltarb at the Coronado Ferry Landing:

Seel at the Coronado Ferry Landing:

Machop at the Maritime Museum:

Doduo and the USS Midway:

Geodude at Shelter Island saying the cargo ship was "so big":

[CENTER]SaveSaveSaveSave[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 09:54 AM

6,506 posts, read 7,536,063 times
I don't get it, but there are quite a few 30 and under folks that are into this. It's quite a popular game with the younger IT staff in our office. My 19 year old nephew was playing it the first weekend it came out, we went for a bike ride on the boardwalk in MB/PB and he wouldn't put his phone down.... I had to get after him to put it away as he nearly crashed into a few people, this was before all the news coverage about the Pokemon Go Mania so I didn't understand what he was doing at all then.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:13 PM

"30 and under" was long ago and far away but I enjoy Pokemon Go because it makes me more, not less, aware of what's around me. There are tons of memorial plaques, murals, painted utility boxes, fountains, etc. that I would never have noticed if they weren't Pokestops. I also like the augmented reality photo ops; it's kind of fun posing the little guys. And I do enjoy collecting things, so finding a new Pokemon is satisfying. Something to do while you're hanging around waiting or taking walks.

I do agree it can be distracting when you start playing, but over time it gets much more routine.

Our 28 year old son was into the trading cards and video games 20 years ago so he's my expert, although he doesn't play much.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:46 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
I played dungeons and dragons a few times in high school but once I became dungeon master I got bored with it.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:03 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I played dungeons and dragons a few times in high school but once I became dungeon master I got bored with it.
did you end up in the upside-down

Old 08-21-2016, 02:16 PM

The Poketourists don't spend all their time sightseeing - they do take time out to relax!

Tentacool catching the waves at Mission Beach:

Growlith enjoying Taco Tuesday in OB:

Doduo waiting for a table at OB Noodle House:

Growlith at Qualcomm pre-season:

[CENTER]SaveSave[/CENTER]

Old 08-21-2016, 08:57 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Being a DM is work. You have to be a story teller and a referee, and have sharp and timely imagination. That's less fun than being a player, so I totally understand.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:20 AM

Coronado Island along the ferry landing and Centennial Park seems to be the hang out for these Poke people. We were out for a jog the other day and noticed there were so many people with their phones out playing this game, kids and young adults alike.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:35 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Coronado Island along the ferry landing and Centennial Park seems to be the hang out for these Poke people. We were out for a jog the other day and noticed there were so many people with their phones out playing this game, kids and young adults alike.
In a campground on the Mt two came through our camp doing this. Whatevers.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:24 PM

^^ Oh geez, they're up in the mountains too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego