Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 11:59 PM

107 posts, read 343,329 times

Advertisements

ok so many of you have read my posts and know my situation about moving to california. im not going to explain everything but basically i was trying to decide between pasadena and palm desert.

it was suggested to me that i become more open to different places in so cal or maybe arizona. i definately want to stick to just these two states/areas though.

so what i am looking for is a place that is affordable, and by that i mean not as expensive as pasadena. that is where i would go if money weren't an option. id also like a decent sized town with things to do!...good nightlife nearby, maybe physical avtivities like biking, and id kind of like a neighborhood that would be walkable but thats not the most important thing. finally i will need to be near a decent college where i can get a certificate in photography.

i like big cities like la and sd so id like to stay somewhat close to one. i dont mind hot weather at all. in fact, as long as its dry air i kind of like it. i DONT like cold weather, though.

i know its impossible to find one place that fits every characteristic i described. any areas that come close though?

sorry to everyone who constantly has to read my indecisve posts! but youve all been very helpful! im just trying to be more open-minded in the last month that i have to decide!

thankyou!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 09:32 PM

107 posts, read 343,329 times
some schools/areas im thinking about are san diego city college, long beach city college, orange coast college in costa mesa, and mt san antonio college in walnut. i would also consider university of arizona if i could get a scholarship. and im keeping mt san antonio college on the bottom of my list for now because i think its kind of boring there but tell me if im wrong. and when i lived in cali before, i lived near that area in pomona so id kinda like somewhere a bit different.

so i have a lot of options. ive spent a lot of time in la, but only a few hours in SD and ive only been to LB for the queen mary. never been to costa mesa. any info on any of these areas is welcome. but ill probly try to pick a school and then find a good place to live around that.

so yeah thats where im at right now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego