Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 08:28 PM

216 posts, read 258,392 times

Advertisements

This is the massive shopping center in Oak Park just north of the 94 (Walmart, Target, Sam's Club, 24 Hour Fitness, etc). I live across the street from it and can't park in my space due to tree trimming. They have signs stating they will tow for overnight parking however I've heard from a couple people they won't actually do it unless it's there for 2-3+ days. There is literally nowhere I can legally park within a 15 minute walk of my complex. Am I safe?

I realize this is probably a good question for Nextdoor, however it's not letting me create an account or giving a reason why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 12:03 AM

32 posts, read 38,429 times
might be best calling the management company and asking.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:09 AM

9,821 posts, read 11,539,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKiwi View Post
This is the massive shopping center in Oak Park just north of the 94 (Walmart, Target, Sam's Club, 24 Hour Fitness, etc). I live across the street from it and can't park in my space due to tree trimming. They have signs stating they will tow for overnight parking however I've heard from a couple people they won't actually do it unless it's there for 2-3+ days. There is literally nowhere I can legally park within a 15 minute walk of my complex. Am I safe?

I realize this is probably a good question for Nextdoor, however it's not letting me create an account or giving a reason why.
You should be safe!
I would just make sure that you park in a different spot everyday.
Most of those stores have night workers so parking over nite should not be problem.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:25 AM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Check to see if your neighborhood qualifies for permit parking. That's the best long term solution.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:55 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,639,371 times
At College Grove, I'd make sure to park in the Wal-Mart lot. Since they are open 24 hours, it will lessen the chances of anything happening to your car (i.e, break in or theft). And, security is unlikely to ticket cars parked by Wal-Mart, as long as you move it each night.

But, just to be on the safe side, call the mall security office and ask.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:15 AM

3,394 posts, read 2,801,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
At College Grove, I'd make sure to park in the Wal-Mart lot. Since they are open 24 hours, it will lessen the chances of anything happening to your car (i.e, break in or theft). And, security is unlikely to ticket cars parked by Wal-Mart, as long as you move it each night.

But, just to be on the safe side, call the mall security office and ask.
I would imagine mall security office just tell you "No you can't park your car here overnight".
Reminds me of an incident downtown, I Overheard some lady at a grocery store telling parking security she had errands to run before going in the grocery store and she asked if she could leave her car for a couple hours and then come back and shop. They were quick to say no. Not saying it would be the absolute case here but I think these are your typical black and white type decisions.

Now...If they are open 24 hours and you have a receipt from that day- you could probably challenge an unlawful tow. Keep in mind, There is a steep price to pay for Unlawful towing so they may take extra precautions before towing. You don't want to be wrong and have someoneone else's car towed.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:04 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,539,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKiwi View Post

How Long are they going to be trimming the trees?

Old 04-12-2017, 12:39 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
How Long are they going to be trimming the trees?
If it's the city doing it, it could be years

Old 04-12-2017, 01:51 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,639,371 times
Another alternative would be to pay for parking in one of the garages downtown, and then use Uber/Lyft for a few days. Or, just walk the 15 minutes from where there are parking spots in your neighborhood.

As I said, my big concern with parking in the College Grove Shopping Center would not be getting towed, but having my car broken into or stolen. Park as close to Wal-Mart as you can, as that is likely the safest 24-hour lot in the mall.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:11 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,313,804 times
They're not a 24 hour store, but they have overnight stockers and you could park your car in that area without a problem.

Walmart Supercenter Get directions
3412 College Ave, San Diego, CA 92115
Ph. (619) 858-0071
Mon - Sun 6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

The closest 24 hour stores to you are Murphy Canyon and Eastlake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: