Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 06:06 AM

673 posts, read 466,566 times

Advertisements

Ahhhh leftists.......like children in adult bodies. Always watch the eyes of a leftist. You will notice they cannot focus as the eyes are always shifting.
They wake up everyday looking for anything to complain about. They are unhappy.....all the time.

A sad lot of fools without direction. When presented with facts the leftist becomes louder and louder, then the name calling begins. Everything the left does fails..........that never fails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 06:54 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post
Seriously, stop watching Fox News. The issue has nothing to do with the wall. The majority of those illegal immigrants have overstayed their visas and we need more high tech border control than a wall including drones, and electronic surveillance. No one is advocating for open borders including Newsom. Unlike Israel, we live in a city with a cross border economy; hell I took a $120 flight last month for work to Mexico City using the CBX border crossing and many, many people routinely cross the border for medical care, vet care, food etc.

Newsom is a pragmatist and a realist and is in my opinion is doing a great job. Did you see today he stopped funding for the boondoggle high speed rail? Of course you didn’t because you can’t turn off the propaganda, wake up.
Exactly what level of illegal immigration is ok with you? Should we not add more LE because "murders and other violent crime" are at the lowest rates in 30 years? Should we abolish our military because we "haven't had a world war" since 1944?

Do you need some stupid news feed to inform you of this? You can simply go to either the BP, ICE or SDPD site and get actual numbers of crimes being committed. Are some crimes down? Yes. Does that make the remaining crimes ok? Not in my book. At one point we had 1 million people coming here illegally annually. Half or even 1/3 of that is still not acceptable.

A border barrier doesn't discourage a "cross border economy". Why would you even think that?

Sports team mind sets are ridiculous when you actually realize there are way more than 2 teams dude.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:47 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
For people that don't live down this way it's very clear that they have no idea how bad it is. The wall/s are barriers to slow down the invading enemy so that the Border Patrol can intercept. Then there is the tunnels, ground radar is used to find and destroy those routes in by the illegal aliens/invading enemy.

What is curious to me is why Americans don't want their borders protected.........it makes no sense. For those that make no sense I suggest they travel to the border states and camp out. Look at the miles of litter left by the invaders thru the canyons, as in mounds of trash, mile after mile. There are sections of Arizona that have signs not to enter the area due to extreme danger....this is on American soil. What on earth do people that don't want a wall or troops on the border think??
I'm in disbelief of people that do not think this a crisis. Funny that when the last person was in office.....it was crisis but now it isn't? By the way, most of the people that claim there is no danger.......they wouldn't last a night in those canyons in Arizona. I guess all of the murdered American ranchers over the years died because there is no danger.
May I suggest to the clueless, stop listening to the media and do your own discovery........you may be surprised what the truth is. This debate has been going on decades......... Next the clueless will state that the walls don't work in Israel.

You are correct about Israel's barrier working, but it has stopped the terrorist attacks, not illegal immigration. It covers around 440 miles on the West Bank. " Israel considers it a security against terrorism." Source: Wikipedia Israel West Bank Barrier. There is also anti tunneling technology to monitor the barrier and armed guards. It has been very effective in stopping terrorist attacks. It has not been effective in stopping illegal immigration. "A large number of people from Africa entered Israel, mainly through the fenced border between Israel and Egypt. 26,635 people arrived illegally this way by July 2010 and over 55,000 by January 2012." Source: Wikipedia Illegal Immigration from Africa to Israel. This does not even address the tens of thousands more that come by plane.

What we have on the Southern border is a humanitarian crisis with immigrants seeking their legal right to asylum. May I suggest that you stop listening to fear mongering right wing media and expand your horizons into the the real world of research. Only then will you be able to put your hate and fear aside that you've been spoon fed by the real fake news and will begin to see this without a pin point myopic lens.

Every president has built barriers on the Southern border. Has any of it stopped illegals from coming? No. We have a president that's a hypocrite and part of the problem. Do yourself a favor and read about the Costa Rica work force that occupied one of the many golf clubs that hired illegals. Trump had three years to clean up his own hypocrisy and only did so when he was caught. Why do you think that is?
Our constitution provides the Posse Comitatus Act. It has specific guidelines under which the military can be used against civilians. Politicizing the military is not part of that act. A humanitarian crisis is not a military emergency.

Hire more border patrol and send the troops home. They're only there for show.

Last edited by animalcrazy; 02-13-2019 at 08:58 AM..

Old 02-13-2019, 09:45 AM

686 posts, read 1,138,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Exactly what level of illegal immigration is ok with you?
Zero. Our immigration system is broken and this administration stopping legitimate asylum seekers is an affront to humanity so I do understand it. Regardless, illegal immigration is wrong and I do believe there are much more effective ways to deter it than a “big, beautiful wall stretching from sea to shining sea that Nexico will pay for” such as technology. Sending troops is pure political theater.

Quote:
border barrier doesn't discourage a "cross border economy". Why would you even think that?
Because Israel was brought up as an example of an effective wall. Not much of a cross border economy there. I doubt you would want folks of Mexican descent here to be treated like folks of Palestinian descent are in Israel? Is that the America you want to live in?

Quote:
Sports team mind sets are ridiculous when you actually realize there are way more than 2 teams dude.
Exactly. There are some things I agree with Trump on such as criminal justice reform and I’m sure there are some things you agree with Newsom on. This post started as a Newsom bash.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:52 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,488,370 times
I think many people in San Diego would think it was right decision to pull the national guard off the border. It's really weird to hear people who don't live here talking about this "crisis". 10 years ago it was a major crisis, illegal border crossing in the desert were common and there were hundreds of folks coming over through the SD backcountry. But in the past decade most of that has shifted east to AZ and TX. I'm not sure why this is all of a sudden a crisis in San Diego? If anything, you see much less evidence of illegal immigration here than you did in the late 90's / early 00's. You don't see them hanging out on corners looking for work. TJ economy has improved a lot and in fact many thousands of people cross legally every day to work in San Diego. If anything it seems like SD's border is pretty tame compared to AZ or TX. I don't like Gavin Newsom at all, didn't vote for him and think he's sleazy, but this seems like pretty much a non-issue, most of us living here feel pretty confident that CBP has things under control. I seriously don't understand why this is so important all of a sudden.

Last edited by NYSD1995; 02-13-2019 at 11:02 AM..

Old 02-13-2019, 11:02 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,050,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
I think many people in San Diego would think it was right decision to pull the national guard off the border. It's really weird to hear people who don't live here talking about this "crisis". 10 years ago, illegal border crossing in the desert were common and there were hundreds of folks coming over through the SD backcountry. But in the past decade most of that has shifted east to AZ and TX. I'm not sure why this is all of a sudden a crisis in San Diego? If anything, you see much less evidence of illegal immigration here than you did in the late 90's / early 00's. You don't see them hanging out on corners looking for work. TJ economy has improved a lot and in fact many thousands of people cross legally every day to work in San Diego. If anything it seems like SD's border is pretty tame compared to AZ or TX. I don't like Gavin Newsom at all, didn't vote for him and think he's sleazy, but this seems like pretty much a non-issue, most of us living here feel pretty confident that CBP has things under control. I seriously don't understand why this is so important all of a sudden.
What?? Just because I'm in Arizona, I'm "a person who doesn't live here talking about this "crisis" "
The whole frickin' southern border and its residents are affected (not to mention the whole US), and I certainly do have the right to weigh-in on my opinions of what your new Governor does. I'm only 300 miles away.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:08 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,488,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
What?? Just because I'm in Arizona, I'm "a person who doesn't live here talking about this "crisis" "
The whole frickin' southern border and its residents are affected (not to mention the whole US), and I certainly do have the right to weigh-in on my opinions of what your new Governor does. I'm only 300 miles away.
Crisis is a strong word. I just went down there last year and it's just business as usual as far as I can tell.

It just doesn't seem to make sense, it seems that most of the problems are concentrated in Nogales AZ and the Rio Grande area in TX? Thats far away from here. It's like me being super concerned about gang violence in LA. It's a problem, just not one that affects anyone who lives here.

SD's border is pretty heavily locked down and we just don't seem to have the humanitarian and crime issues that you guys are getting.

I think from the perspective of an SD resident, the homeless problem is much more visible and much more of an obvious crisis that's getting worse and worse, you see that every day, all day, in our neighborhoods etc. Frankly I'm much more worried about being blown away by a US citizen with a chip on their shoulder and a machine gun in their car.

Last edited by NYSD1995; 02-13-2019 at 11:24 AM..

Old 02-13-2019, 11:36 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,558,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
Then post it in the Arizona Forum.
Like mentioned before, you could build a wall from the Pacific to the Gulf and it still wouldn't solve the problem.
Immigration reform is the only way to solve this crap, Bipartisan, Hard Work, Get it fricken done

Last edited by hitman619; 02-13-2019 at 11:53 AM..

Old 02-13-2019, 12:17 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,015,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
For people that don't live down this way it's very clear that they have no idea how bad it is. The wall/s are barriers to slow down the invading enemy so that the Border Patrol can intercept. Then there is the tunnels, ground radar is used to find and destroy those routes in by the illegal aliens/invading enemy.

What is curious to me is why Americans don't want their borders protected.........it makes no sense. For those that make no sense I suggest they travel to the border states and camp out. Look at the miles of litter left by the invaders thru the canyons, as in mounds of trash, mile after mile. There are sections of Arizona that have signs not to enter the area due to extreme danger....this is on American soil. What on earth do people that don't want a wall or troops on the border think??
I'm in disbelief of people that do not think this a crisis. Funny that when the last person was in office.....it was crisis but now it isn't? By the way, most of the people that claim there is no danger.......they wouldn't last a night in those canyons in Arizona. I guess all of the murdered American ranchers over the years died because there is no danger.
May I suggest to the clueless, stop listening to the media and do your own discovery........you may be surprised what the truth is. This debate has been going on decades......... Next the clueless will state that the walls don't work in Israel.
Both sides, and almost everyone wants border security, but a massive wall from Gulf to Sea (and yes that is exactly what Trump wants). is impractical, super costly and not needed in some of the most inhospitable terrain inthe country.

Now since Trump's pastie orange ass has been handed to him a few times, he is rebranding the wall. First it was a Fence. No he is calling for the "completion" of the existing barrier, whatever that means.

If you want protection don't defund the Homeland Security Agencies such as TSA and the Coast Guard (which he did). During the shutdown, a Panga Boat full of Asian illegals, got threw a naval weapons station and landed on a bayfront beach 2 miles from my home. This WAS NOT the first time this as occurred, and there have been many morning bike rides along the beach where I have seen abandoned panga boats sitting in the sand.

If you want protection properly fund the Border patrol and INS and give them the tools they need. If we can monitor Al Quida bad gays from half way around the world, we have the technology to monitor our own borders through adaptable, fluid means.

As costs go: Just remember that the new Tappan Zee Bridge across the shallowest, albeit widest (at 3 miles) part of the Hudson River cost almost 4 billion. There is no way a Sea to Gulf wall can be build for 5 billion.

All Trump wants is a monument to his "reign". Edifiux Rex.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:50 PM

134 posts, read 91,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I'm also curious to know how San Diegans feel about this decision. There are a number of groups on the net that still want security there. They don't seem to be happy about this but seeing as I don't live near the border, I can't comment. Still, I'd like to know what others, who do, think.

One thing about his speech yesterday (or the day before) I found odd. He said he didn't feel there was any need to be concerned about sex/human trafficking as there was nothing to it and was all hype. I don't think that's correct. If it is then Soledad O'Brien's report on the subject is all bogus too. Why would she make up something like this? Mr. Newsom might want to find out for sure before calling it hype. I don't want to see any type of human trafficking either so I'd really like to know the truth.
I see Mexico from my window. I do not see any bigger problems here and it's safe. Every day, hundreds of people come from Mexico from Tijuana on special visas to work in San Diego county and return to Tijuana the evening. Mexicans spend a lot of money in local stores here in the US like Walmart, Target, Food 4 Less etc. There are a lot of cars with Mexican license plates visiting. In local supermarkets there are many vegetables and tropical fruits imported straight from Mexico and very cheap. The metal wall in San Diego area is already a long time ago and the wall may be good idea in the urban area. IMHO Wall in the desert does not make much sense because there are other modern ways to control illegal migrants and migrants also have ..... ladders. Wall in the desert also requires millions of dollars for conservation every year. Gov. Newsom made good decisions because CBP on the border works very well here and everything is under control. (There was only one problem in December when around 500 migrants from Honduras and El Salvador tried to force the wall in Tijuana and enter the US but all 500 migrants were deported by the Mexican authorities) Now migrants from Honduras, El Salvador are waiting calmly for an asylum interview and everything is under control here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego