Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 08:20 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Unbelievably FALSE EQUIVALENCE.

Ré OP: TP does not make a good face mask at all.
And I always figured that doing 1 in the shower with a water rinse or a cloth wipe is actually much better.
We are rapidly approaching TMI circuit overload ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2020, 12:54 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,484,375 times
Some people are just a waste of sperm.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:48 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,025,774 times
I went to Costco for gas yesterday... Im loving the cheap gas thing right now.

Old 03-14-2020, 05:20 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
So on the bright side, some semi good news.

We forgot a couple of items this morning, so I went to the Costco near us and figured if it was the zoo I expected, I’d just bail. It was almost empty. About 1/4 of the people I’d see on a normal Saturday afternoon. No lines to check out, it was eerie.

They were out of Kirkland tuna, fresh hamburger, pasta, TP, soup and low on bread. Everything else was ok. Maybe everyone reached saturation on hoarding.

Old 03-14-2020, 10:59 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,576,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post
I went to Costco for gas yesterday... Im loving the cheap gas thing right now.
$2.99 a gallon here in Clairemont. How much in your part of town?

Old 03-15-2020, 11:48 AM

332 posts, read 632,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
So on the bright side, some semi good news.

We forgot a couple of items this morning, so I went to the Costco near us and figured if it was the zoo I expected, I’d just bail. It was almost empty. About 1/4 of the people I’d see on a normal Saturday afternoon. No lines to check out, it was eerie.

They were out of Kirkland tuna, fresh hamburger, pasta, TP, soup and low on bread. Everything else was ok. Maybe everyone reached saturation on hoarding.
Yeah, I went to VONS to check it out (usually the wife shops). Out of ground beef (temporarily) and yes, the soup aisle and water/gatorade was cleaned out pretty well (and of course TP), but for the most part, plenty of food, fresh and packaged. Nobody is going to starve. There is only so much TP you need, and fresh food doesn't stay fresh long, and there is only so much room in freezers, so I expect that this past weekend Th-Sat. is going to be the worst of it for a while.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:09 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,233,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanacus View Post
Yeah, I went to VONS to check it out (usually the wife shops). Out of ground beef (temporarily) and yes, the soup aisle and water/gatorade was cleaned out pretty well (and of course TP), but for the most part, plenty of food, fresh and packaged. Nobody is going to starve. There is only so much TP you need, and fresh food doesn't stay fresh long, and there is only so much room in freezers, so I expect that this past weekend Th-Sat. is going to be the worst of it for a while.
It seems to be hit and miss for grocery stores.

DW just got back from out local Vons - NO meat at all - nothing, nada, zero, empty.

Dairy gone, no eggs, no bread. The in store bakery did have some bagels left so she got those.

Canned veggie aisle was just about bare. No hash browns in the frozen aisle.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:20 PM

5 posts, read 3,235 times
I have a case of Corona. Only 9 more beers to go and I am cured.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:26 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Just spoke with a friend who went to Costco. She said the crowds are back to normal. They have imposed a limit of one per member on eggs, milk, TP, and cleaning products. There was no ground beef at all but plenty of other meats and ground turkey.

It looks like the initial buying panic is past (hopefully).

Old 03-15-2020, 01:37 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Just spoke with a friend who went to Costco. She said the crowds are back to normal. They have imposed a limit of one per member on eggs, milk, TP, and cleaning products. There was no ground beef at all but plenty of other meats and ground turkey.

It looks like the initial buying panic is past (hopefully).
Yup. Wife called in from Ralph’s stating normal crowds and checkout lines. But that could all change next week if government takes more drastic steps including large scale lockdowns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego