Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2020, 12:12 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
The land where people think simply being expelled from their mother’s uterus somewhere is equivalent to earning rights and privileges and freedoms.

Yes, I am against automatic, birthright citizenship ... even born to citizen parents. Unearned is unearned.
Wow that sounds pretty anti American. So what should people be required to do to earn their privileges and freedoms? Have you considered moving to a different country where freedom is not given so freely? (Honest question)

Old 10-29-2020, 12:14 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times
Quote:
What stopped Newsom from declaring martial law? Oh, I dunno. Probably the same kinds of considerations that have kept every governor, and the POTUS himself, from declaring so.

Ok, but I don't see you ever railing against Newsom when it's actually all on him to direct the state. This is especially so since he anointed himself the supreme ruler via the emergency act. How does he escape the same criticism as Trump if not just because of unbridled partisanship? I don't mean to direct this all at you (and I'm not) but why is this so if the motives are about finding solutions rather than just politics as usual?

Old 10-29-2020, 01:05 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque View Post
Lots of "hindsight is 2020" and "Monday morning quarterbacking" going on. This Left-wing hatred for Trump is clouding any objective analysis on the US pandemic response. Was the response perfect? Of course not. Were mistakes made? Yes. Is the Trump administration taking good steps to respond to this pandemic? Of course they are.

May I remind you that most Democratic politicians were downplaying the virus early on too. They didn't want to instil panic, and I totally understand that. There's lots of video clips to prove it, but of course social media and YouTube censor them now. The mind control is off the charts.
Agree 100%.

Old 10-29-2020, 01:31 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Wow that sounds pretty anti American. So what should people be required to do to earn their privileges and freedoms? Have you considered moving to a different country where freedom is not given so freely? (Honest question)
You think, huh? The concept of earning your place is odd to you, eh? Typical American reaction. YOU did exactly NOTHING to become a citizen.

I am retired military. Vietnam veteran. I know all about countries with limited freedoms.

That said:

Military service
Environmental service
Volunteer service to the elderly
Volunteer assistance to the disabled
Tutor the new generations
Teach public education
Work for public health departments
Sanitation community service (trash clean up campaigns)
Voter poll worker
Census taker
Foster parenting

... about a bazillion ways to earn credits toward citizenship.

Old 10-29-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Ok, but I don't see you ever railing against Newsom when it's actually all on him to direct the state. This is especially so since he anointed himself the supreme ruler via the emergency act. How does he escape the same criticism as Trump if not just because of unbridled partisanship? I don't mean to direct this all at you (and I'm not) but why is this so if the motives are about finding solutions rather than just politics as usual?
I don’t rail against hardly any politician anywhere anytime of either party. Only total ‘effing deranged lunatics hell bent on destroying our nation for personal gain.

Why don’t you just stop trying to minimize the worst threat to America since WWII?

Other than this extremist campaign of the past decade with Tea Party, Trump, Bannon, et al ... politics is just a cyclical unpleasant necessity of large modern societies. Swing right, swing left, pull strings, pork barrel, yadda yadda yadda ... mostly balancing out. I don’t pay it no mind.

But THIS lunatic is special. Once every couple generations somebody rises above the common stench of mankind’s attempts to think highly of ourselves - and threatens to asphyxiate health and decency altogether.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I don’t rail against hardly any politician anywhere anytime of either party. Only total ‘effing deranged lunatics hell bent on destroying our nation for personal gain.

Why don’t you just stop trying to minimize the worst threat to America since WWII?

Other than this extremist campaign of the past decade with Tea Party, Trump, Bannon, et al ... politics is just a cyclical unpleasant necessity of large modern societies. Swing right, swing left, pull strings, pork barrel, yadda yadda yadda ... mostly balancing out. I don’t pay it no mind.

But THIS lunatic is special. Once every couple generations somebody rises above the common stench of mankind’s attempts to think highly of ourselves - and threatens to asphyxiate health and decency altogether.

I know you see yourself as a non-partisan type but the above doesn't do much for your case. No offense, really. It's just my personal observation.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
I know you see yourself as a non-partisan type but the above doesn't do much for your case. No offense, really. It's just my personal observation.
Lol. What did I just write that is “partisan”? Recognizing Trump as mentally ill has nothing whatsoever to do with ideologies or political parties. Trump isn’t a conservative or liberal or libertarian or even an independent. He has no ideology ... just mental disorders. He’s dangerous. And this business of criticizing all parties equally and fairly is b.s. The first point of any analysis is truth - not “fairness”.

You are unaware of the public statement identifying Trump’s disorders and their danger, signed by over 60,000 mental health professionals of all political preferences?

You are unaware of the literally thousands of former government prosecutors, security professionals, military leaders, cabinet members, et al of both parties who are extremely alarmed about and opposing Trump?

This is not a joke joosoon.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:54 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Quote:
Lol. ... just mental disorders. He’s dangerous.
Agree. Biden would be a disaster for the economy and can do nothing about Covid. He won't even require a national mask mandate. He will kill business with his tax plan.

Whoever becomes president....GOD help them and the country.

Old 10-29-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Agree. Biden would be a disaster for the economy and can do nothing about Covid. He won't even require a national mask mandate. He will kill business with his tax plan.

Whoever becomes president....GOD help them and the country.
I don’t know whether Biden would be a disaster for the economy. I doubt he would kill business with his tax plan, because NO tax plans in the past - including more draconian - have ever “killed business” in our capitalist mania. Business is a religion in our culture. Indefatigable.

I don’t believe the POTUS has the power to edict a national mask mandate as things are now ... though a POTUS certainly can create incentives for states to act aggressively. Will Biden do that? I dunno. But damn sure Trump won’t.

Bottom line: can Biden “do anything about Covid”?’ Hmmm. Certainly uncertain. I have no specific argument that he will or can.

Old 10-29-2020, 05:07 PM

It's hard for me to believe that there's nothing partisan about those who constantly deflect to Trump's "failure" on the subject of covid. This is especially so when the same criticisms are absent in the discussion about our own governor's performance re: the same thing.

It's also hard to believe that asserting the president has some clinically diagnosed mental disorder (source?) isn't partisan either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego