Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2021, 09:11 PM

3 posts, read 899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
2-poster Jgracer is all potential and zero (fill in the blank)
You have almost 6,000 posts and still a zero. What’s your excuse? You support the hair sniffer and old mattress back.

His “policy” is a big fat nothing. Hopefully he’s impeached soon.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:36 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Has anyone gotten the Vaccine Shot?
I have 3 Cousins, a Brother and SiL that have received either one or both shots so far.
My Cousin, who is a doctor in Louisiana just received his second shot on Tuesday. He did have complications for about 4-6 hours after the second shot.
He had loss of taste and smell, fatigue and a slight fever. He took a nap and woke up feeling way better with, taste and smell retuning and fever gone.
My Cousin at age 49 years old also runs 3 miles before work and takes very good care of himself. My Brother and Sister-in-law Nurse, and administrator for Scripps both get their Second Today. Because of my job, I will be getting my shot in the next couple of Weeks, fingers Cross.

Last edited by hitman619; 01-22-2021 at 07:52 AM..

Old 01-22-2021, 12:52 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Has anyone gotten the Vaccine Shot?
I have 3 Cousins, a Brother and SiL that have received either one or both shots so far.
My Cousin, who is a doctor in Louisiana just received his second shot on Tuesday. He did have complications for about 4-6 hours after the second shot.
He had loss of taste and smell, fatigue and a slight fever. He took a nap and woke up feeling way better with, taste and smell retuning and fever gone.
My Cousin at age 49 years old also runs 3 miles before work and takes very good care of himself. My Brother and Sister-in-law Nurse, and administrator for Scripps both get their Second Today. Because of my job, I will be getting my shot in the next couple of Weeks, fingers Cross.
A friend and her daughter are both nurses. The mom has received one and the daughter has had both. They said they got a sore arm similar to the flu shot, but worse. The daughter said the second shot was worse for the sore arm than the first.

Both of them said it was gone in a day.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:50 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
A friend and her daughter are both nurses. The mom has received one and the daughter has had both. They said they got a sore arm similar to the flu shot, but worse. The daughter said the second shot was worse for the sore arm than the first.

Both of them said it was gone in a day.
Did they say what vaccine they took?
I think I'm going to shoot for either the Phizer or Johnson, Johnson when it comes out.
All but one of my Family Members have taken the Moderna.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:16 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Quote:
I think I'm going to shoot for either the Phizer or Johnson, Johnson when it comes out.
Why JnJ?
Has their efficacy trial read out yet?
Is their vaccine adenovirus based or other?
One shot or two doses?

Old 01-22-2021, 11:58 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Why JnJ?
Has their efficacy trial read out yet?
Is their vaccine adenovirus based or other?
One shot or two doses?
J&J is being tested as a one shot and a 2 shot vaccine. Expected to be a one shot - it uses a weakened adenovirus. Prelim results are reported to be similar to the others, somewhere around 90+

Old 01-23-2021, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
J&J is being tested as a one shot and a 2 shot vaccine. Expected to be a one shot - it uses a weakened adenovirus. Prelim results are reported to be similar to the others, somewhere around 90+
I think it is an engineered adeno expressing covid, not weakened.
I think the prelim results are immune measures not efficacy and we do not understand how the immune m translate to efficacy but a hopeful sign if JnJ's immune m similar to others

Old 01-23-2021, 09:33 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
I’ll talk to her in a couple of days, ask and post it.

Old 01-23-2021, 01:48 PM

I do not think one can currently choose which one younget due to supply.
Initially, I thought Pfizer caused a better immune response than Moderna buts seems efficacy the same.
If JnJ has worse efficacy than P M, I would not prefer it, but any efficacy over 50% I would take versus nothing and getting the disease

Old 01-23-2021, 02:38 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Are all of you patiently awaiting to be summoned for a vaccine ? I have a friend in San Fran that advises me to get pro active and not wait for anyone. Problem is I am not over 65 and there are no vaccines available to me yet

I have been getting updates from Scripps and see they are giving shots by appt. Any reason I need to be more aggressive than wait my turn ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego