Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2010, 11:38 PM

12 posts, read 54,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksouthbay88 View Post
Love IT!!!
Typical San Diego weather is bland and boring.Wish it was more warm/cold more often.
I lived there for 2 years--went bonkers wishing for variety! It was even less of a change from season to season than Ventura County, where I grew up--and that place doesn't change much, either. SD was just hotter and uglier because we lived inland. I cried for more cool, foggy days, and not 90 degrees in October! It's just not right!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 11:39 PM

2,979 posts, read 1,565,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benja1986 View Post
This is the year without a summer. I agree, suck it up! Unless those water temperatures warm up, it looks like it is going to stay like this all summer until we get our fall santa anas. I too, love san diego's summer because it is unique. We do get some summer humidity despite what people back east think. And this year we have none, in fact its not even normal. So what. Remember July 2006 when water temperatures reached 80? Yeah, so we have our records. That was one of our warmest summers on record and if I'm not mistaken, this could very well be the coolest summer on record. Weather and climate is like this. Just think of it this way, this year is an extention of Norcal's summer into SoCal. It is very rare for this to happen, but this is exactly whats happening this year (although not quite, our ocean temps are still 7-8 degrees warmer than the central coast, and so our coastal air temps are still warmer).
I'd rather have a summer like this than we had in '84 when we had heat and humidity without a break. I'd rather have it not get up to 70 in the daytime, than to not get down to 70 at night. The only thing that bothers me is when we get more than a couple days in a row with little or no sun.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:20 AM

489 posts, read 1,956,933 times
Today finally felt like a San Diego summer day should--about 72 and breezy--loved it.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:23 AM

489 posts, read 1,956,933 times
What's stranger to me is that so many people are liking it--in a place where most people can't stand one rainy and/or cloudy day.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:41 AM

204 posts, read 641,971 times
I'm liking this whole year!!!! I love all the weather changes and this summer weather is divine, I don't think that I've been too hot this whole summer! I wish it could be like this every year.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:30 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoz View Post
What's stranger to me is that so many people are liking it--in a place where most people can't stand one rainy and/or cloudy day.
Inland people are loving apparently (wierdos haha) but all of my friends along the coast are HATING this weather so much. I dont get why anyone would like this. It's SUMMER so I want it to feel like summer.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:16 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Inland people are loving apparently (wierdos haha) but all of my friends along the coast are HATING this weather so much. I dont get why anyone would like this. It's SUMMER so I want it to feel like summer.
That's because the inland areas have been getting the coastal weather this summer - mid to upper 70's. Perfect, really. But that means the coast is 10 degrees cooler, which sucks if you wanna go to the beach!

And don't get me started on the cloudy mornings! Also unusual for this time of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal
misery is relative-feels like temp in Cleveland is 106, so I will take the 60's any day... ALL days really!
Unlike in Cleveland, where it looks to be 10-15 above average, it's been 10-15 degrees below average here. I'd rather be above average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benja1986
This is the year without a summer.
It's certainly looking that way, isn't it? On 10 days this month we broke records for having the lowest high temps for the day. And one of those was the lowest high temp ever recorded in July! It all started when June went down as the second coolest ever. I imagine that this will be the coolest July in history.

What gets me is that earlier this year, forecasters were saying this would be a warmer summer than usual because of La Nina. They couldn't have been more wrong.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:13 AM

6 posts, read 11,497 times
Default Just moved here and the weather blows

Just moved to SD in June and expected to enjoy the beautiful summer SD has a reputation for. Instead I encounter this gloomy depressing garbage?

I am paying way too much for this crap, I dont even want to leave my house when it is this ugly. If I wanted to live depressed and without the sun I could have just moved to Oregon or Seattle for like a third of the price!

Old 07-24-2010, 11:26 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdix View Post
Just moved to SD in June and expected to enjoy the beautiful summer SD has a reputation for. Instead I encounter this gloomy depressing garbage?

I am paying way too much for this crap, I dont even want to leave my house when it is this ugly. If I wanted to live depressed and without the sun I could have just moved to Oregon or Seattle for like a third of the price!
LOL..welcome to the club! As you can tell by the comments, we are getting shafted with summer weather this year. Please know this one going down in the history books.

Not sure what part of the city you are in, but the sun is out at my house now and it will be at yours soon - guaranteed. Although it will still be alot cooler than normal.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:41 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
because it's beautiful inland. today it was sunny and in the 70's. Sucks for the people along the coast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego