Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 04:52 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Nope. Deferring to state and local governments is what the Trump administration has done and its exactly why we're in the mess we are. When other countries shut down, they really shut down and did it at a national level. Their cases are diminishing while ours are skyrocketing.
But the state governors don’t listen to him, other countries don’t have a system like ours. You can’t win both ways. Trump didn’t force Newsom to open, he did on his free will and his advisor board, what I don’t understand is why nail salons have to be open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 04:53 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenext88 View Post
This is not entirely Newsom's fault.

This is fault of all the people AND authorities who aren't following or enforcing simple guidelines like wearing masks. For example weeks ago the city of Santa Monica announced a $300 fine for not wearing a mask in public - and I have yet to hear or see that enforced.
That’s the problem.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:53 PM

75 posts, read 199,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
You mean like the protestors?
Probably wasn't the healthiest to be out protesting! Outside and masked is at least better than indoors and no masks. Seems that the spread is coming more from indoor parties and indoor workplaces than outside activities. Not hearing a lot about protests contributing to the massive spread of COVID. It gets hard to track all the variables since there are many competing viewpoints that are politically based rather than scientifically based.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:59 PM

243 posts, read 228,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
That’s the problem.
Maybe because it’s unconstitutional to force someone to wear a mask ? Pretty sure the whole mask thing was disproven as well iirc

If you don’t think Covid is a power grab I have a Golden Gate Bridge to sell you ...... people should have the freedom to decide how much precaution they want to take

Does the state force you to go to the doctor or get a vaccine every year ? How is this no different than a power grab ?

Old 07-13-2020, 05:02 PM

301 posts, read 164,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg628 View Post
Maybe because it’s unconstitutional to force someone to wear a mask ? Pretty sure the whole mask thing was disproven as well iirc

If you don’t think Covid is a power grab I have a Golden Gate Bridge to sell you ...... people should have the freedom to decide how much precaution they want to take

Does the state force you to go to the doctor or get a vaccine every year ? How is this no different than a power grab ?

Not yet but I can see it coming down the pike

Old 07-13-2020, 05:06 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
I have been crying about masks and safety protocols for weeks now. All I get are My Rights and other Okie Dokie responses.

FACT IS we are in a worldwide viral pandemic. FACT IS you deal as a UNIT or DIE as a UNIT.

We have a decent level of education and wealth in this country. You would think perhaps we would be better equipped as people to deal with this ?

Maybe C19 has Chinese origins but we owe A LOT to our own stupidity for the consequences.

Military and Police enforcement is the only way to go.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:07 PM

5,745 posts, read 4,701,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally99 View Post
Probably wasn't the healthiest to be out protesting! Outside and masked is at least better than indoors and no masks. Seems that the spread is coming more from indoor parties and indoor workplaces than outside activities. Not hearing a lot about protests contributing to the massive spread of COVID. It gets hard to track all the variables since there are many competing viewpoints that are politically based rather than scientifically based.
Of course you'er not hearing it. The media would never point to protests as spreading covid, even though it most likely did. That would go against the MSM narrative.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:09 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg628 View Post
If you don’t think Covid is a power grab I have a Golden Gate Bridge to sell you ......
How Much ?

How low is your self esteem that being asked to wear a protective shield over your face (during a viral pandemic) that would save your life and your family members from death threatening to you ? You do for someone and they do for you. That's how this works. Nobody is trying to take your cap gun away from you or your conferdate flag. We want the opposite. We want to preserve you.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:14 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,499,077 times
Anti-maskers really need to work on their material. At this point going around without a mask is like going around without pants. If an anti-masker is totally okay with people not wearing pants, then at least they would have some logical consistency. Anyway, a person's right to be a doofus doesn't outweigh another person's right not to die because an anti-masker is a "freedom-fighting" moron. If people wore masks, we wouldn't have to keep shutting down the economy so thousands of people wouldn't die. Over 7,000 and counting here in California. Maybe these anti-maskers will have some loved ones die so they change their tune.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:23 PM

243 posts, read 228,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
How Much ?

How low is your self esteem that being asked to wear a protective shield over your face (during a viral pandemic) that would save your life and your family members from death threatening to you ? You do for someone and they do for you. That's how this works. Nobody is trying to take your cap gun away from you or your conferdate flag. We want the opposite. We want to preserve you.
It’s been proven that infected people have been added to the death count when they obviously died of other causes.

If you test positive for Covid but are shot up by a rival gang that’s classified as a “Covid” death.

You’re probably twice my age and college educated , I would encourage you to investigate the real numbers for yourself and draw your own conclusions. There more than likely is no second wave and if anything there are less deaths than there where before.

Nice job attacking my personal character on being “selfish”. I lost my job due to Covid-19. I have to move to find work because apprientices are the first to go and no one is hiring right now. Do you have any clue how hard it was to get an apprientice position prior to Covid ?

I’m also 22. I have no family or friends here. I have no property or accumulated wealth. I don’t have 10k if savings in the bank.

I’m being smart with my unemployment and saving most of it. I’m only sticking around to get my ADD meds because I’m already enrolled in medi-CAL and then I’m leaving.

Point is this is destroying the middle and working class as well as private business. Newsom is doing a terrible job and knows full well how much shutting everything down hurts people. This huge panick is not the right way to deal with this.

The numbers are no worse than the seasonal flu.

But I’m gonna take a stab and guess it doesn’t affect you as much as the electrician , barber or local bar owner so “who cares, it’s for the better right ?”

I also never said people shouldn’t wear masks. I said they should have the right to choose whether they want to or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego