Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 01:34 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Just look at how the newscasters are dressed in SD compared to the correspondents in DC and NYC. Featherweight to say the least.

I get past the first 15 minutes of the 10pm news then I wind up browsing the web until the weather comes on. There is nothing to focus on....thank G for Covid to make it interesting.
I'd expect this for a small podunk town, hiring newscasters right out of college at minimum wage. Not so much for a metro area in excess of 3M.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 06:32 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Try KFI. It's AM 640. KFI is out of LA but it covers all major San Diego news stories.

KFI tries to be a centrist station but all radio stations have some bias. KFI's bias really depends on the host and time of day. Tim Conway Jr is very funny in the evenings.
Yes Love KFI Tim Conway Jr is a great show when i can catch it. They use replay the best of his shows on the weekends back in the day.

Old 09-07-2021, 12:35 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,576,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Yes Love KFI Tim Conway Jr is a great show when i can catch it. They use replay the best of his shows on the weekends back in the day.
I really enjoy Bill Handel's law show on Saturday mornings. There aren't many lawyers who can make legal stuff into a funny topic. But Bill does it and it really is funny.

To be honest, I listen to Bill Handel's law show in podcast format. I listen to it when I want to listen to it. Legal advice on a Saturday morning is not the best time for me to listen to legal advice. But I do listen to it. Usually on weekday afternoons.

Old 09-07-2021, 12:59 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,484,375 times
KFI is good but used to be great. My favorite was Tom Leykis. These days Tim Conway Jr can be a riot at times.

Back on topic there is no all news in San Diego. AM is mostly right wing talk or sports talk. I prefer the latter by a lot.

Old 09-07-2021, 11:28 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,576,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
KFI is good but used to be great. My favorite was Tom Leykis. These days Tim Conway Jr can be a riot at times.

Back on topic there is no all news in San Diego. AM is mostly right wing talk or sports talk. I prefer the latter by a lot.
KOGO 600 in San Diego calls itself Newsradio. But it's far from being a Newsradio station. Also, KOGO is extremely biased to the political right. A real news station reports the news without a political spin. Here's KOGO's schedule. Hardly an unbiased news station. https://kogo.iheart.com/schedule/

There are very few pure news stations anywhere in the country. KNX 1070 in LA comes close.

Old 09-07-2021, 03:04 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times
All news radio format is generally in bigger metros that require traffic reports every 10 minutes...LA, Bay Area, Chicago, New York, Washington DC and Seattle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-ne..._United_States

Interesting fact in one of the sub articles of the above link, even when X-TRA News 690 AM out of Rosarito Baja Calfornia was an all news English station in the 1960's, it still catered to an LA audience over San Diego... much like the Chinese language station it is today is geared towards an LA Asian audience.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:52 PM

134 posts, read 91,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
KOGO 600 in San Diego calls itself Newsradio. But it's far from being a Newsradio station. Also, KOGO is extremely biased to the political right. A real news station reports the news without a political spin. Here's KOGO's schedule. Hardly an unbiased news station. https://kogo.iheart.com/schedule/

There are very few pure news stations anywhere in the country. KNX 1070 in LA comes close.
Exactly, 600 AM KOGO and 760 AM radio stations are almost 24/7 right-wing propaganda. The complete failure to present the opposition's opinion. I don't know why it's legal. - San Diego County presidential election was won by Biden 61% Trump won 37% of the vote. I think these radio stations make a big mistake with the right-wing programming format and they don't get a lot of listeners here in San Diego County. - BTW If you want to listen to more than 10,000 radio stations from all over the USA (San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York etc.) from all states and from around the world in local languages, buy internet radio. Please search amazon.com "Internet radio" I bought the "Ocean WR 210 N" model for about $ 85 (it has bluetooth). If you have a router at home and you use a computer or laptop, then you can use it. My favorite stations are MSNBC from New York, CNN International, BBC World service from London, radio stations from New Zealand, Australia, Riviera radio from Monte Carlo (in English), good music stations such as Ibiza 538 from the Netherlands, Happy FM from Spain, Dolfijn FM from Curacao (Netherlands Antilles) and thousands of others. I recommend

Last edited by fzmk; 09-10-2021 at 10:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego