Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 04:45 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Hop the Coaster train @ the Encinitas Station to Sorrento Valley, then take the free shuttle to UCSD. Figure 25mins total, each way.
I love this idea. I would probably say if you are driving, avoiding the 5 isn't realistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 10:57 AM

10,309 posts, read 6,842,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
Thanks, I didn't know about the free shuttle - who runs the shuttle, UCSD or Coaster or ??
The shuttles are usually affiliated with NCTD (the parent Co which operates the Coaster.
Quote:
Or is this the new Trolley?
No, but this is also a new option. Service begins Nov. 21st.
Quote:

I do like those townhouses, and good location. I went into that first complex - nice although wish there was more green areas. So many of the complexes just pack them in there.

I also hope to find something with one (or more) bedroom(s) and full bath(s) downstairs.
Pretty sure this has everything downstairs. (It's also "owned" by Z, and this property has has 6 reductions in price, so far...) This could become a bargain...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...54902735_zpid/

Old 11-17-2021, 08:53 AM

771 posts, read 835,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
The shuttles are usually affiliated with NCTD (the parent Co which operates the Coaster. No, but this is also a new option. Service begins Nov. 21st. Pretty sure this has everything downstairs. (It's also "owned" by Z, and this property has has 6 reductions in price, so far...) This could become a bargain...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...54902735_zpid/
That unit is real close to (ie, basically overlooking, it appears) I5. Also, that complex has high fees -- almost $600/mo. I've been in this unit's layout, and the angled nature made it feel a bit "off", but obviously that is a personal and subjective opinion.

Old 11-17-2021, 11:58 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,790,391 times
Thanks, beautiful views but looks impersonal from outside, and I don't want to be so close to "the 5".

I like more green grass, places to walk small dog that are serene, etc.

I do like Carlsbad BUT I need to be closer to Torrey Pines HS area and within hopefully 20 min of UCSD.

Old 11-17-2021, 12:37 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
Really do like that complex though, has a very modern euro vibe with all the levels and decks and patios

Old 11-17-2021, 02:04 PM

10,309 posts, read 6,842,111 times
Y'all are right, it IS going to have a constant "white noise" from I-5. And that's kind of a bummer. It's also a easy walk down Chinquapin to the RR tracks, then cross @ Tamarack to the beach. There are TONS of dog walkers along the beach bluffs between Robert Frazee Beach, to Hole in the wall. (Or "Turn-arounds.")

As far as "green grass" goes, I just don't know where you can go. Maybe Maggie Houlihan dog park? (It's closer to UCSD.)
https://dogtrekker.com/yp/maggie-hou...orial-dog-park

I can't think of a "serene" location for dogs. The beach won't be it, but there's some turf along the bluffs. The beach is more "frantic" than serene. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

Old 11-17-2021, 04:40 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,790,391 times
Oh I just mean I want the townhouse community to have lots of grass and landscaping that is nice to walk around (vs. the complexes that are mostly cement with a few bushes). I try to avoid too many other dogs actually (my little one likes to get all their attention - ie, he barks at them - so I usually try to take him for walks in quiet areas where we don't see a lot of other dogs.

I also would love a nice pool (large or lap lane if possible) and hot tub with nice pool deck / chairs for relaxing.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:08 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
Oh I just mean I want the townhouse community to have lots of grass and landscaping that is nice to walk around (vs. the complexes that are mostly cement with a few bushes). I try to avoid too many other dogs actually (my little one likes to get all their attention - ie, he barks at them - so I usually try to take him for walks in quiet areas where we don't see a lot of other dogs.

I also would love a nice pool (large or lap lane if possible) and hot tub with nice pool deck / chairs for relaxing.
Good luck!

Old 11-18-2021, 07:18 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSD1995 View Post
I love this idea. I would probably say if you are driving, avoiding the 5 isn't realistic.
I honestly don't know how people do it. If people are going to die prematurely wouldn't it be in a car accident? I hate driving in any big city. I have co-workers, pre covid, that drove up to 70 miles one way into our office. No way.

This one guy drove a certain benz, easy to tell, and he would pass me easily doing 100. He said at that time of day he never saw CHP. Bad things can happen going that fast.

Old 11-18-2021, 10:01 AM

5,742 posts, read 4,701,984 times
I love how the freeways here aren't patrolled much, so 85mph pace is normal.

I recently spent a week in atlanta, and was annoyed about traffic stuck at 65mph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego