Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 09:07 AM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times

Advertisements

This is getting more Bizarre and crazier by the Day, i don't even know where to start.

Quote:
A lawsuit has been filed against three current and former San Diego State University football players, alleging they gang-raped a 17-year-old girl at an off-campus party in October 2021.
The defendants named in the lawsuit include former Aztecs punter, Matt Araiza, who was drafted by the Buffalo Bills; Zavier Leonard, who is a current member of the Aztecs team; and Nowlin “Pa’a” Ewaliko, who is a former member of the San Diego State team.

Also named as a defendant is SLJ, LLC, the landlord owner of the house where the alleged rape took place.

Attorney Dan Gilleon said he filed the complaint Thursday on behalf of the now 18-year-old alleged victim.

The lawsuit seeks damages for rape, gender violence, false imprisonment, and property liability.
https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/in...7-be4718ba9270
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 11:12 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Read page 5 of the actual complaint. That's where to start.
I think the guy (all of them, really) is in deep doodoo criminally, and will be demolished in civil court too. About the only thing I disagree with is naming the property owner as a plaintiff but that's standard fare.

Old 08-30-2022, 11:27 AM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Have college administrators learned nothing in the past couple of decades?

"The lawsuit comes as San Diego State faces ongoing criticism after a Times investigation found that the university decided not to alert the campus community about the alleged gang rape and waited more than seven months to launch its own investigation."

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...d-rape-lawsuit

Old 08-30-2022, 11:36 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,688,017 times
Araiza is royally screwed as he admitted to having sex with a minor. Irregardless if the rape allegation can be proven.

I don't like how the attorney named the LL in the lawsuit, as if if the LL is complicit. That makes it look like the attorney is just grasping at straws.

Old 08-30-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Read page 5 of the actual complaint. That's where to start.
I think the guy (all of them, really) is in deep doodoo criminally, and will be demolished in civil court too. About the only thing I disagree with is naming the property owner as a plaintiff but that's standard fare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Have college administrators learned nothing in the past couple of decades?

"The lawsuit comes as San Diego State faces ongoing criticism after a Times investigation found that the university decided not to alert the campus community about the alleged gang rape and waited more than seven months to launch its own investigation."

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...d-rape-lawsuit
Yes To Both Above
SDPD should be thrown into this also as, they've had this case for a really long time and have yet to bring Charges.

Old 08-30-2022, 03:51 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
So many things wrong. What was this teen doing at this party? Plus being hammered? Where did she get the booze? The parents better hope it wasn't from their own home. I agree these guys are probably toast unless someone produces a fake ID she wasn't a minor. I am using this case to help educate both of my kids of what "not to do".

Old 09-06-2022, 08:41 AM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
A young woman who accused three former San Diego State football players of gang-raping her at a party last year has yet to receive the results of her rape exam from more than 10 months ago or the police report filed on the same day, according to her lawyer.

Attorney Daniel Gilleon sent a letter Wednesday to San Diego County Dist. Atty. Summer Stephan, San Diego Police Chief David Nisleit and San Diego City Council members demanding the information and noting that his client is legally entitled it.

“Please, this is a young girl who was gang-raped, and she’s begging you for the information she’s entitled to have,” he wrote. “Stop blowing her and her rights off, and just hand over the information — now.”'

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...otball-players

Old 09-06-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
A young woman who accused three former San Diego State football players of gang-raping her at a party last year has yet to receive the results of her rape exam from more than 10 months ago or the police report filed on the same day, according to her lawyer.

Attorney Daniel Gilleon sent a letter Wednesday to San Diego County Dist. Atty. Summer Stephan, San Diego Police Chief David Nisleit and San Diego City Council members demanding the information and noting that his client is legally entitled it.

“Please, this is a young girl who was gang-raped, and she’s begging you for the information she’s entitled to have,” he wrote. “Stop blowing her and her rights off, and just hand over the information — now.”'

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...otball-players
Wow
If this is as bad as this looks, there are going to be a lot people stepping down or taking an early retirement in the SDPD

Where are the Young Ladies Parents

The text messages between the Lawyers, The text messages and Recorded phone call between the victim and the alleged Perpetrators.
We Public needs answers

Old 09-06-2022, 01:31 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So many things wrong. What was this teen doing at this party? Plus being hammered? Where did she get the booze? The parents better hope it wasn't from their own home. I agree these guys are probably toast unless someone produces a fake ID she wasn't a minor. I am using this case to help educate both of my kids of what "not to do".
Teens get into college parties. LE and also some of the entities in charge of some of the venues where these parties occur, such as fraternity boards, residence hall management, and the like, need to require ID of attendees. There have even been cases, where residence hall management approved alcohol being served at dorm parties, even though some residents were underage. The legal restrictions aren't taken seriously, until there's an incident that hits the fan.

Old 09-06-2022, 02:25 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Good grief. These stories keep happening over and over. I imagine after the case is adjudicated, it will show up in an episode of Law & Order SVU for the umpteenth time. Stupid kids, stupid LE, stupid school administrators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego