Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:54 PM

7 posts, read 40,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvdisney View Post
does it make a difference that the commute would be at 5am heading south and at 3pm heading north?
South at 5am may not be so bad. But North at 3pm (with the outbound traffic) is no fun.

JD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 12:30 AM

29 posts, read 75,703 times
Within 30 minutes I would look at Poway itself or Carmel Mountain, Sabre Springs, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Penasquitos. All of those areas are beautiful and seem to have a lot of housing options with the shortest commute into Poway.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:43 PM

14 posts, read 42,902 times
Those are the areas I am going to focus on. Now to see as many condos and apartments that I can this weekend.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:33 PM

123 posts, read 345,290 times
My wife may also have a job opportunity in the San Diego and Poway area. Other then a few trips to SD, race tracks, the zoo and a few other touristy visits we don’t really know the area. We current live in the Long Beach area so we understand the California housing prices in our area at least.
We know that SD is a fairly open place but are not sure about the Poway area. We are interested in finding lesbian & family friendly neighborhoods, with restaurants and things to walk to near by, that would not leave her with a long/stressful commute. How is the public transportation down there? Can you go from Poway to SD on the weekend for a night on the town or day at the Beach with out being in traffic all night?
We would love to find a single family detached home with 2/3 bed, 2 bath, w/ good living space & room for our pool table, and a yard for our dogs and some out door living space (preferably over 1500sqft). We would like to find place ideally in $400,000’s (of course lower would be great, but under $500,000 for sure, putting a little work in is okay.) We would consider a townhouse/row house type of thing, but we both hate the idea of condo fees and we have 2 large dogs (that often need to go out in the middle of the night!) Most importantly we do want to be in a nice, safe and hopefully friendly & fun area.
We understand we might not be right next to everything with out wish list within our price range. We have been looking at housing on line but have now idea of what the neighborhoods are really like. So please what are some nice lesbian friendly areas, in the Poway/ SD area or reasonable commute that won’t make us house poor

Old 10-22-2008, 04:57 PM

3 posts, read 11,869 times
I would not communte from Escondido to Poway. Do you know where in Poway your husband's job would be? Alot of jobs are in the interior of Poway, which is a good 5 miles from the I15. With traffic, that will add an additional 10-15 minutes to you commute. The traffic on the I15 is horrible!

I would recommend staying in the Poway/Rancho Bernardo (south)/Rancho Penasquitos/Carmel Mt. Ranch/Mira Mesa (east)/and Scripps Ranch areas. In terms of affordability, I would say the order is Mira Mesa, Poway, Rancho Penasquitos, Carmel Mt. Ranch, then Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Ranch.

Alot of people on here talk smack about Mira Mesa. I grew up in Rancho Penasquitos and was very snobby about Mira Mesa. But because it was more affordable, we purchased a house in Mira Mesa, and I have to tell you, I love it! I'm close to shopping, the freeways, and my neighborhood is nice. It's not HOA enforced nice, but most of the neighbors we met have been long-time residents (7+ years) and maintain their property. Our house was affordable, we have the ammenities we want, and we're close to everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego