Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 03:04 PM

9 posts, read 56,393 times

Advertisements

I plan to be in san diego for a couple days. I want to take my parents and younger sibblings to a nice family freindly beaches. any recommedations for that? Also i wanted to know if there are any adult/party beaches. where the 21+ youngters can party and get crazy. any suggestions for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 04:02 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,406,148 times
Party Beaches: Mission Beach, Pacific Beach
Quieter Party Beach: Ocean Beach

Family Beaches: Coronado, Torrey Pines, Carlsbad
Busier Family Beach: La Jolla Shores

XXX Beach: Blacks Beach

Old 06-16-2009, 04:11 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlepot View Post
XXX Beach: Blacks Beach
Mere nudity is "XXX"?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:47 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a51accord View Post
Also i wanted to know if there are any adult/party beaches. where the 21+ youngters can party and get crazy. any suggestions for that?
MB and PB are the party.
Just remember there is no alcohol on the beach itself.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:28 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,854,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
MB and PB are the party.
Just remember there is no alcohol on the beach itself.
Yeah, really. I was going to say, I hope by "get crazy" you mean without alcohol!! Hope you enjoy your visit, nonetheless.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:40 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
Yeah, really. I was going to say, I hope by "get crazy" you mean without alcohol!! Hope you enjoy your visit, nonetheless.
Well, they can get crazy in a bar ... then, uh, get sunburned on the beach, I guess.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:54 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
However alcohol is legal on state beaches in the north. Used to be legal down here but a few riots put than away.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:03 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,854,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
However alcohol is legal on state beaches in the north. Used to be legal down here but a few riots put than away.
By "in the north" are you referring to San Elijo State Beach and Carlsbad State Beach, etc. in North County? Because I don't think you can booze on those, but I could be wrong. I have to admit, I don't drink at the beach. I go, I surf, I go home. That's about it.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:56 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
I've been to Mission Beach / Pacific Beach nearly every weekend since the alcohol ban was put into effect, and you will notice they are significantly quieter and more family friendly then ever.

They no longer have those extremely crowded beach "frat parties" on the sand, with the loud music, and huge jam-packed noisy crowds of 20 somethings.

Now all you see is a lot of people laying on the beach, and enjoying the sun, with beach volleyball games, horse shoes, etc.

People are much more behaved than ever before!

They have hardly any police patrolling the beaches on weekends, as compared to previous years before the alcohol ban.

On the weekends, I only notice a few police on bikes, and a few on 4-wheelers on the sand scanning the crowds for alcohol. But that's about it. I haven't noticed even one single beach fight or incident since the alcohol ban took effect.

So I would include both Mission Beach and Pacific Beach as "family friendly" beaches.

Another great family beach is La Jolla Cove. You can take the family snorkeling there, and also watch sea lions lay on the beach. La Jolla Cove also has a very nice downtown area with art galleries and nice restaurants and small shops.

There really are no "party" beaches ... but Mission Beach, Pacific Beach and Ocean Beach are probably the closest thing you will have, since they still attract lots of college students. All the drinking is done inside the local bars, and in the beach-front houses along the boardwalk. But the college students mostly just lay on the sand, play volleyball, etc. and don't create any kind of problems that would affect families nearby.

Last edited by RD5050; 06-16-2009 at 08:08 PM..

Old 06-16-2009, 09:29 PM

161 posts, read 573,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
. I go, I surf, I go home. That's about it.
That's pretty much what I do when I go to the beach. 95% of my time spent there is actually in the water and the other 5%, I use to wax my board and to load/unload my gear from my car. I only go to the beach to surf, (unless I' am with a lot of people). I could care less about anything else that is going on at the beach or "getting my tan on", which I can't really do anyway because I' am fair-skinned. Anyway, as for the question by the OP, there are a few beaches that have not been mentioned yet that are worth checking out: Silver Strand State Beach (south of the SEAL Training Base), Imperial Beach, Del Mar (below downtown at 15th), Cardiff State Beach (in Cardiff-By-The-Sea), and Leucadia (in Encinitas). Wherever you end up going, have a good time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego