Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 01:00 PM

18 posts, read 40,367 times

Advertisements

We're relocating from North Carolina looking at the North County areas of Encinitas and Rancho Santa Fe. I'm trying to wrap my head around a high school with 2700 students? We're coming from a private school with 200 high schoolers. Huge change. My son is looking forward to a bigger school but could someone give me their impressions of how the schools are divided up? Are there different areas of the campus based on grade or studies? How about dances? Are they by grade? Even then it would be 650 kids. TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 02:18 PM

18 posts, read 17,566 times
La Costa Canyon is split up into quads for each subject (i.e. english, math, science, social studies, etc.). The size was not a huge deal to me and gave a lot of opportunity to meet people and befriend a lot of people. It's great academically, and has developed into a sports powerhouse the past few years. I have no regrets having gone there, to the point that when we moved back to the area from the East Coast, we bought in the LCC boundaries.

I've got nothing on Torrey Pines, other than that they are very similar in demographics and quality, although sports wise, Torrey Pines is no longer a top school as they were a couple decades ago.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:21 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,854,001 times
Our kids are young (9 and 6) but will likely go to LCC. I couldn't be happier. It feels like a college campus with all the resources (educational and recreational) that any kid could want. I'm confident that our kids will come out of there prepared for Harvard or some other Ivy League school. haha

Old 09-24-2013, 04:09 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
My Graduated from Torrey Pines in June and is now attending ASU.
I couldn't be happier with the 4 years he spent there.Although they have declined in football(a little) they still have a very good Basketball and wrestling teams
Torrey Pines High School is host to the Biggest Basket Tournament West of the Mississippi.Most of the top High School Basketball teams in the nation Show Up.
Under Armour Holiday Class presented by Lucky Duck Foundation, San Diego, CA - Under Armour Holiday Class presented by Lucky Duck Foundation

Torrey Pines High School - San Diego, California - CA - School overview
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego