Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:58 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,539,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
One more questions regarding the hot dogs in this area...is it common to get shredded cheese, unmelted on your hot dog if you ask for cheese? Happened twice already. We're used to melted cheese and they just open up a bag and pour cold cheese on top of the hot dog. Not exactly appetizing.
It's all about texture and contrast. I love cold cheese on hot food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 09:02 PM

309 posts, read 900,658 times
Default Ny h

Hey,
I've always wanted to have a Sabrett cart and sell NY style hotdogs with sauerkraut. I'm planning to move to SD and if I don't have a job that will be my job. Look for me. I'll be there soon.

P.S.
The last time I was in NYC I approached a Sabrett cart and asked how much the hotdogs were. The guy told me they weren't hotdogs, they were tacos.
Hold on, I'm coming.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:17 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
There's an article about Savash hotdogs in this week's San Diego Reader.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:52 PM

176 posts, read 635,118 times
Is that the one downtown?

Old 12-14-2009, 09:34 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Yes, it says that he's at 428 G Street, in the Gaslamp.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:32 PM

78 posts, read 193,548 times
Quote:
Actually, if you search for carne asada fries on Yelp in both LA and SF, countless places come up, many with excellent reviews. Taste is subjective. I've had awesome ones at some places, and some really bad ones as well. In fact, I've eaten them in NYC and they were better than the ones here in SD that I tried.
yes but see... Carne Asada fries was invented in San Diego haha sooo wat u have here would be the real thing... NYC most likely added sumin to it or replaced the real cheese wit another cheese... a bootleg version... jus like Taco Bell tries to copy mexican food wen their cheese isnt even the real cheese they use in mexico.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:26 AM

176 posts, read 635,118 times
not to mention taco bell is from the northeast.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,169 times
Quote:
Do you know where on Newport? And what time?
It's just a little stand in the parking lot near bacon (next to Tamale cart). They get there around 10pm and are there till about 2:30am. GREAT DOGS and very nice people! Also, they are Cheap (2.50 for a chilli cheese dog with the melted cheese!!!!)

Old 02-09-2010, 01:40 AM

2 posts, read 2,760 times
My girlfriend and I (and our dog Thumper) own the hot dog cart on Newport. "Hot Diggity Dog" is our name. Unfortunately, OB Kanobe's totally snaked our location right out from under us. They built a stand in the exact spot we have been serving dogs for 9 months! Talk about a douchebag move! The cart is our only source of income. We live in OB, go to school here, and make some damn tasty hot dogs that do NOT cost a ton of money.
It sucks that OB Kanobe's has the "deep pockets" and influence on the Bulls*** OB politics to get our business run out of town.
Obviously, I am not going to support ANY of his businesses, (Tiki Port @ Voltaire and Cable or the Pirates Cove coffee shop in the Apple Tree parking lot). None of my friends or family will, either. OB Kanobes was already in an established spot, but I guess they can't just let a couple other people make a little money!!
We hope to find a new spot so everyone can still get excellent hot dogs at reasonable prices. We might not have a strobe light, patio furniture, a giant hot dog statue, or mood lighting, but we keep things simple, and turn out some serious hot dogs for late night munchies!!

Old 02-11-2010, 05:20 PM

65 posts, read 196,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalOBhotdogcart View Post
My girlfriend and I (and our dog Thumper) own the hot dog cart on Newport. "Hot Diggity Dog" is our name. Unfortunately, OB Kanobe's totally snaked our location right out from under us. They built a stand in the exact spot we have been serving dogs for 9 months! Talk about a douchebag move! The cart is our only source of income. We live in OB, go to school here, and make some damn tasty hot dogs that do NOT cost a ton of money.
It sucks that OB Kanobe's has the "deep pockets" and influence on the Bulls*** OB politics to get our business run out of town.
Obviously, I am not going to support ANY of his businesses, (Tiki Port @ Voltaire and Cable or the Pirates Cove coffee shop in the Apple Tree parking lot). None of my friends or family will, either. OB Kanobes was already in an established spot, but I guess they can't just let a couple other people make a little money!!
We hope to find a new spot so everyone can still get excellent hot dogs at reasonable prices. We might not have a strobe light, patio furniture, a giant hot dog statue, or mood lighting, but we keep things simple, and turn out some serious hot dogs for late night munchies!!
that's pretty messed up!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego