Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 12:27 AM

181 posts, read 466,100 times

Advertisements

Okay, I for one am SICK of this crap. When someone comes to this site, they are looking for ADVICE to their question. Why is it that everyone decides to post on other peoples advice in such a negative way. Most of the time it goes completely off and the person is not left with many, IF ANY, answers. The whole point is to give people your personal advice, and THE THREAD WRITER can gather the information and decide for themselves. I am sick of the bickering matches. All those people are, are Know-it-all's who like to aggrevate and talk people down.

I wish everyone could just try to give their own advice to the pertinent topic (THE THREAD WRITER'S QUESTION, NOT THOSE WHO ARE OFFERING ADVICE) and then leave the subject alone. We all have different tastes on places to eat, and places to live. So lets all just grow up, give our advice... and MOVE ON.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:34 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
most do not post for advice at all, they post for sympathy for their position.
they are waiting for you to tell them what they want to hear.
much truth comes out on CDF in this manner, the face of the audience never lies.
btw i have been proven dead wrong on issues and subsequently changed my mind forever.
truth is no respecter of persons.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:22 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
I guess everyone has their own opinions based on what they like and since everyone likes different things it is only natural that everyone's opinions would be different. When you're talking about subjective things like food or what not then the most important thing is to find someone who has similar tastes to you and then ask for advice.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:58 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
If you like to eat fast food or at a chain, that's fine. But someone that's coming here on vacation is looking for something better. Almost all of the restaurants that you posted are either chains, or are not very good, and have proven to be that way. With the Mexican restaurants, they're all over San Diego, and they have good food. Drive up into City Heights sometime if you haven't already, if you want some good Mexican food. There are also some in Logan Heights. Stay away from the chains.

If I was spending the $$ to come to San Diego and stay at the Hilton, I sure wouldn't want to eat in fast food restaurants on it. That's why people come on here and ask for advice on what restaurants are good to eat in. Not Jack-in-the-Box, In-N-Out, and other places like that.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:11 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
btw i have been proven dead wrong on issues and subsequently changed my mind forever.
truth is no respecter of persons.
Gee, I thought I was the only one! Sometimes it's fun and informative to throw out an issue you're not sure of in your own mind and then listen to the pros and cons. It is tempting to go negative on here, particularly when you're in a bad mood or you see the same stupid questions asked over and over that someone could probably have figured out on their own if they gave it more than a moment's thought.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:13 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,477,668 times
Certain people seem to come to this site for the purpose of getting into arguments with others. If you have an issue please flag the post and I will review it, and take action if warranted.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:16 AM

176 posts, read 635,033 times
From reading the threads, it seems some people want to prove they know the city better than everyone else, so obviously their advice is the only correct option.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:20 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post

If I was spending the $$ to come to San Diego and stay at the Hilton, I sure wouldn't want to eat in fast food restaurants on it. That's why people come on here and ask for advice on what restaurants are good to eat in. Not Jack-in-the-Box, In-N-Out, and other places like that.
Agree, though In-N-Out is often on (east coaster) visitor's list as a bit fresher than your avg. fast food.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:36 PM

181 posts, read 466,100 times
Still not the point. Some people just like to argue with other people's advice instead of offering their own. ...and Moved, in my post about food, I was offering cheaper choices as I stated in my post, since they are traveling with a large group. Nothing against high-end, but not everyone has that kind of money to eat out breakfast, lunch AND dinner spending a hundred on each meal for 6 people.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:12 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,930,847 times
I think that overall, an open internet forum + anonymity = a haven for a$$hole comments.

Don't like it get to you. I've browsed/posted on many internet forums, and it's all the same. People will be people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego