Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 07:43 AM

5 posts, read 7,525 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I currently live at home with my parents. I'm 21 years old and have a full time job. And I live in San Diego, in the City Heights area. I'm used to living in the so called bad area. So I'm not picky at all where I live.

I recently paid off my car and feel as if I can afford to live on my own. I currently make about 40k a year. I really want to move from this area of town. The street I live in is actually very clean and the houses are remodeled. But I'm tiered of the busy streets of El Cajon Blvd and University Ave. And hate all the pedestrian traffic, such as people just running in the middle of the busy streets GRRR. I have been looking into apartments in El Cajon. It seems like El Cajon is the best choice at the moment. I want to live somewhere in San Diego affordable with diversity. I was also looking into Chula Vista, but OMG I went there and it seems like no one speaks english there. And the traffic going toward CV is horrible because all the cars traveling back to Tijuana.

The area I been looking at in El Cajon is West Madison. What parts of El Cajon are decent. I mean I don't want to live in a fancy area just somewhere okay. I would prefer to stay close to Parkway Plaza.

Please let me know what other areas I should think of. And what you think of El Cajon. I already know a lot people are going to bash El Cajon especially people from North County but...... be nice

Thanks all,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,613,046 times
Where is your job located?

Old 03-16-2010, 11:34 AM

LA Jolla any advice on Clairemont

Old 03-16-2010, 11:41 AM

18,983 posts, read 32,816,013 times
What kind of budget do you have? Considering your job location I think Clairemont might be a better fit, relatively inexpensive, not crime ridden and it's more central and closer to the more happening parts of the city like PB, OB, Downtown, etc..

Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 PM

My budget is $1,000 for a studio or 1 bedroom. I'm interested in a complex on 5265 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard San Diego, CA 92117 is this part of Clairemont okay? I understand its a main road. But It sure is close to work.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:12 PM

171 posts, read 589,752 times
I used to live near Balboa Arms Dr. and Derrick Dr. its a pretty quiet area, and balboa arms dr. has a lot of apartments...some nicer mostly old though. I lived in Fiesta Apts and Park Place. They are right next to each other. Park place was mostly loud and the neighbors were pretty rowdy. Fiesta was the opposite and the landscaping is very nice and lush. Fiesta also has a LOT of shade which helps because they do not have AC (like most complexes).

You just have to shop around and visit the area after dark. The location is great though. There is a Henry's right there and its right behind Target, Ralphs, Home Depot and some other stores. Pretty convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego